End of Year lesson - tipping?

JFlores

Reaction score
Handicap
What do you guys think, is it customary to tip? I am inclined to tip my instructor $20-$30. The backstory - I met the instructor when I bought my lessons through living social at half the cost, I purchased 6 at reduced cost ($55 each) and then paid for three at normal price, he was always cool w the voucher though I'm sure it cut into his profit.

either way I am purchasing 6 pack lesson, and he was like buy two at reduced from living social.

Sorry for the long story.

you already pay him to teach you.. I wouldn't tip him at all..

If you like the guy and want to show your appreciation, tipping is always welcome. It's a great gesture on your part

I tend to agree with Freddie. If you are really enjoying your experience, and you want to throw him a little extra on the side, doesn't have to be $30 each time, but a little gesture now and then shows you care.

Freddie is spot on

If the series of lessons went well then for sure I would give him a tip.

Thanks for the response, I have seen improvement. The tip is more like a Christmas kind of thing. We always have a good time. I am reupping for 6 more lessons tomorrow.

Never be afraid to reward good service. It goes a long way. Obviously, tipping is not mandatory, but it is a good gesture if you are happy with the instruction you have received. I say do it if you are so inclined. I tip the trash collectors every year. That is a hard job man!

JM

If you are happy with his services, then I would say tip him.
How much? What ever you are comfortable with.

Absolutely throw him a bone if he's treated you well and you've enjoyed yourself. Could go along way and who knows, he might let a session run over or toss you one sometime.

Never be afraid to reward good service. It goes a long way. Obviously, tipping is not mandatory, but it is a good gesture if you are happy with the instruction you have received. I say do it if you are so inclined. I tip the trash collectors every year. That is a hard job man!

JM

Tip everyone! Tip your insurance guy. If he's honest and is with a good company, he saves you hundreds and maybe thousands a year. And he doesn't make a ton of commission off a single client!

I don't see anything wrong with it but I tend to lean the other way - treating you well and improving your game is his job, and you've already paid for it. It would certainly be a very nice and much appreciated gesture. I doubt many other people are even thinking about it, much less doing it. Good on you.

My PGA Teaching Pro is also our course owner. As members, we get a really good rate for lessons and such so I simply reward him with things like gift cards to places he and his wife like to eat.

If you are happy with the teacher and happy with the results, I see nothing wrong with giving something extra.

I tend to overtip for any service that is good.

Haircut, landscaping, delivering gravel, repairing windshield in my vehicle, delivering furniture, etc.

I only tip for good service, though.

In a restaurant if the waitress is running her legs off, some of the customers wont tip at all.

If I never get a refill on my tea during the whole meal and she is in the kitchen door looking at her phone with her friends and never comes back to the table to check, she isn't getting anything.

If you like the lessons, and he is helping you a lot, by all means tip him whatever you feel is fair.

Jackal

Back