Yea I just ordered a 70 gram grafalloy prolaunch red , from reviews its got low flight

Yea I just ordered a 70 gram grafalloy prolaunch red , from reviews its got low flight

Yes. The PL Red is low launch low spin.

It will be my first shaft build also

And get on that same launch monitor and get numbers.

Yea that is my plan, im thankful I switched from my vrs with the51 gram shaft , backspin was 5k-6k lol

What a great thread, its awesome to be a part of a community with so much experience and knowledge. Best of luck Tummy, can't wait to see how this new shaft works out for you.

Based on launch angles and the fact that he had a slight fade with high back spin speaks more to the shaft and flex then a swing flaw.

It's just nuts on how much a shaft can do a lot with your ball flight. Really can't wait to get fit and see what shafts are more helpful for me and my swing. Granted I have some swing flaws to work out, but for the most part my swing is rather decent.

Yea that is my plan, im thankful I switched from my vrs with the51 gram shaft , backspin was 5k-6k lol

Don't be surprised if you have to increase the loft on your R1 to regain that launch angle and carry.

Yea id like to be around 10.5 if I can so we will see

14° of launch is pretty close to ideal. If you have to increase loft to do that, so be it.

Loft sorry

Just came in today , im stoked

That prolaunch red is a great shaft. I bought one last month, and put it in my Cleveland launcher 15* fairway wood. I hit it good with the gold stiff shaft, but it ballooned so bad that it wouldn't roll out.

The red launcher is stiff and tipped +1 in. The ball now takes of like an airplane.

3 weeks ago I drove the green on a 245yd par 4.:banana::banana:

It went straight as an arrow.

I paid $10.50 +shipping for the shaft from here:

http://www.diamondtour.com/golf-sal...ale/grafalloy-prolaunch-red-wood-special.html

Sorry, I wasn't trying to hi jack the thread.

Good luck,

Keep us posted,

Jackal

Into this thread!

I have similar driver issues as Tummy, usual shot is a fade, higher than it should be. Current driver is RBZ STG2 with a stock reg shaft. I have a Prolaunch Red in my 910f 3 Wood and the ball flight is near perfect straight almost every time...this thread is helping along a serious consideration to putting one in the driver too.

Tummy, would love to know how it's working out for you?

Hopefully taking it out this weekend , waiting for my adapter to come in

Finally finished the shaft numbers this weekend

Nice! I'm still pondering getting one for my rbz driver, look forward to hearing how you hit it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I'd bump this thread as I've just put the ProLaunch red reg shaft on my RBZ Stg2 driver.

It arrived yesterday, took it to my local range to get it installed while I hit a small basket to warm up for my round in the afternoon.

I was a little apprehensive not having any range time with it before taking it out on the course. Had a quick swing in the nets and it felt great. Its a touch heavier than the Fujikura Fuel 50g that was stock in the RBZ.

On the 1st it did exactly what I wanted it to. I put a relaxed, smooth swing on it and the ball flew off straight down the middle with a much lower flight than before. Really nice feel on contact, the more solid and slightly stiffer feel gave me more confidence to put more on it. Overall throughout the round there were only 2 drives when my old high fade came back, and this was more down to a loose swing.

In previous rounds I'd been fighting a high slice and so therefore aiming a lot left. My shot shape has changed now to more of a power fade which is awesome in comparison and I'm now able to aim where I want the ball to end up. The fairways were very wet yesterday so it wasn't good for length comparison but there can be no doubt I was carrying further than before.

Looking forward to a good range session with this but I'm very happy with it so far. :banana:

Nice update swellins! Glad to hear the PL shaft seemed to help quite a bit, I have one of those I recently ordered but haven't tipped it yet. Bringing the launch down was my purpose of purchasing that shaft as well.

Nice update swellins! Glad to hear the PL shaft seemed to help quite a bit, I have one of those I recently ordered but haven't tipped it yet. Bringing the launch down was my purpose of purchasing that shaft as well.

Be good to hear if it works out for you too. It's really made me realise how huge a difference the shaft makes. I've read that so many times but it's only when you experience it for yourself that it really clicks.

I'm a big fan of the ProLaunch Red. I am currently gaming one in my amp cell. I had settled on the White Tie, which really is a great feeling shaft, but with my recent swing changes it was just launching too high. The ProLaunch Red feels a tiny bit stiffer than the white tie but it launches so much lower and with less backspin that I think it might be a permanent fixture for me.

Back