A thread for SoCal golfers.

Thanks JB for all your help ! Indian wells looks too not be open too the public either tho

Thanks JB for all your help ! Indian wells looks too not be open too the public either tho

Contact swampertwo here on THP. He's in the Palm Springs area. Plays at Mission Lakes Country Club. I'm sure he will introduce you to the area. Great guy.

Hey guys I'm in palm desert area.... Just moved here but I can't find a golf range too go to..... I've called 4 and there not open too the public..... Kinda not wanting too play golf here anymore.... Every golf pro I have talked too has been a real douche..... Any palm desert or palm spring people who can show me the ropes?
Try College of the Desert driving range (Fred Waring and San Pablo) SE of the actual college. Open to the public!
I'm actually out in Desert Hot Springs (Poo folk side of the track-I-10), but occasionally play tracks other than Mission Lakes CC.
PM or Email me.
Jeff

Played Cresta Verde in Corona today. What a POS course. Even if you hit the fairway, you'd be lucky to find grass. As we checked in, the lady actually told us, "We're getting new carts soon, so if yours dies on you, breaks or if the brakes fail, call us and let us know." I should have known right there. I don't think there was a bunker on the course that wasn't "under repair". If they fix it up, it may not be bad but it does force you to be accurate, very tight fairways. Not long, but requires you to keep it in play. Overall, I would not recommend it until they get it fixed up...

I am going to be in San Diego (NAS North Island) for 10 days at the beginning of the year. I am looking to play with some THPers while I am down there.

I know I will be playing Sea and Air in base a lot and might be able to get some guys in base to play it also but would be willing to play anywhere in the local area as long as the price isn't too high($65 max). Let me know if anyone wants to hit the course.

Tappin away

Bump

Tappin away

Bumpity bump, anyone out there?

Tappin away

Bumpity bump, anyone out there?

Tappin away

I would play with you on the base if I was out there. I hope you have a great time playing bud.

I'm down! Would love to play sea and air again (Sister in law got me out once). I play balboa at least once a week and am down to meet there as well. Let me know your open dates and lets get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be able to play in the afternoon everyday from 6-14 Jan and plan on playing everyday

Tappin away

Cool. Twilight starts at 12:30 at balboa. I'll make a res for a foursome on Friday the 10th if that works for you. If there are two more THP folks that can join Ill hold the spots open.

Cool. Twilight starts at 12:30 at balboa. I'll make a res for a foursome on Friday the 10th if that works for you. If there are two more THP folks that can join Ill hold the spots open.

Ive been to SD three times. I know I have drove past the Balboa course on the way to the hospital but how far is that away from North Island? Hopefully I will be done with class and be able to change over and get there before 1230.

7 miles. Probably take 15 to 20 minutes. I can make it for later if that is better, 1:00? We may not finish, but that is no big deal for me. If you need a ride let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 miles. Probably take 15 to 20 minutes. I can make it for later if that is better, 1:00? We may not finish, but that is no big deal for me. If you need a ride let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, 1 sounds better. I will have a rental car and a GPS so that won't be a problem. I just don't know what the schedule is going to be like. I have been told that we are out by like 11 every day but I am not for sure. How much is the round there?

Sunset is around 1645 now, and will be about 1700 on the 10th. Most of my rounds out there are 4 to 4.5 hrs. We might make, but just setting a reasonable expectation. A slow group or two could make the difference.

Sunset is around 1645 now, and will be about 1700 on the 10th. Most of my rounds out there are 4 to 4.5 hrs. We might make, but just setting a reasonable expectation. A slow group or two could make the difference.

Sounds good, gotta see if we can get two more

Tappin away

I tried it last week. The course was brutal. Very brutal.

Going to go somewhere easy today and tomorrow :)

Back