War I may have to come see you when I come to Orlando for Love is in the Air. I should have done it when we were down in Orlando in June.

Schwinn was always the ultimate bike when I was a kid. Do you have those?

Dood War, those are rad. What do those go for?

War I may have to come see you when I come to Orlando for Love is in the Air. I should have done it when we were down in Orlando in June.
Let me know dude, always happy to help.
You have a sweet job.

That is all
I am enjoying the change, indeed. Something I am excited to do on a daily basis, but at the same time, am glad I have stayed in a consulting type role with my previous company.
Schwinn was always the ultimate bike when I was a kid. Do you have those?
We do not sale Schwinn. They are down the road a bit at another store.
Dood War, those are rad. What do those go for?
Depends on which one. Those that I posted are the higher end from Electra, as they are the heavier aluminum models with the modded frames with fatter tires. $699 is retail for those 3, I do believe.

Depends on which one. Those that I posted are the higher end from Electra, as they are the heavier aluminum models with the modded frames with fatter tires. $699 is retail for those 3, I do believe.

hmm...I am going to have to start doing some research and figure out what I should get for a bike upgrade. probably would help me being willing to ride if i had a better one.

hmm...I am going to have to start doing some research and figure out what I should get for a bike upgrade. probably would help me being willing to ride if i had a better one.
All 3 of those were the heavier aluminum models, and 3-speed cruiser style.

Electra makes some awesome bikes, dude. And their price ranges are quite nice as well. Can meet a budget, or go all out and deck them out for nearly $1k.

All 3 of those were the heavier aluminum models, and 3-speed cruiser style.

Electra makes some awesome bikes, dude. And their price ranges are quite nice as well. Can meet a budget, or go all out and deck them out for nearly $1k.

That's pretty sweet. I will look at them some. I just don't like being hunched over when I ride, like to sit more upright. Stupid I'm sure.

You guys ship? Would be cool to be able to give you business if I decided on something, if possible.

That's pretty sweet. I will look at them some. I just don't like being hunched over when I ride, like to sit more upright. Stupid I'm sure.

You guys ship? Would be cool to be able to give you business if I decided on something, if possible.
If you dont like being hunched over, the Electra bikes are the way to look. Sitting upright with the handle bars coming back to you is a comfortable position, and the flat foot tech they have with the way they have moved the pedals/crank forward and the seat to a back position has a lot of people looking toward them more than other traditional cruising bikes.

As far as shipping goes, the cost would be too much dude, and as much as I would appreciate the business, it wouldnt be beneficial on your end, bro.

If you dont like being hunched over, the Electra bikes are the way to look. Sitting upright with the handle bars coming back to you is a comfortable position, and the flat foot tech they have with the way they have moved the pedals/crank forward and the seat to a back position has a lot of people looking toward them more than other traditional cruising bikes.

As far as shipping goes, the cost would be too much dude, and as much as I would appreciate the business, it wouldnt be beneficial on your end, bro.

Cool. I am looking up info now.

No worries. Figured I'd ask at least.

Man there are some sweet bikes in here.

I have a question for you Ryan, if you don't mind. I know have some cheap Target special "mountain bike" and I really want to start riding more for a good lower body workout and also some cardio. What would be a good type of bike to look at?

I would be riding 2-4 times a week for about 4-5 miles or so, on a combination of gravel and cement. I can't really spend a ton of money but want something that is going to last for awhile. Any good suggestions?

My Specialized rep came to see us the other day, and I had a great chat with him regarding some Demo bikes for the store for some of our Group rides that we hold on a weekly basis. We got to talking about what I am currently riding for those, and said he wanted to get me an upgrade...

Well, I was informed today what that upgrade was going to be. And while I will not own it, our Rep has given the shop a few demo bikes to let people try out and specifically sent me one to ride to give people some on road feedback on.

A 2014 Specialized Venge, full carbon, with the Roval Rapide wheels on it. Without a doubt the nicest bike I have ever taken saddle on, and I can not wait for it to show up.

specialized-venge-pro-race-force-193532-1.jpg

Ryan that bike is sweet. I like the square tubing and brightness.

To tie this back in to golf, the Specialized Dealer show is in Santa Cruz, CA this year. My Specialized Rep told me this afternoon that the annual road-test ride that goes 17 miles will be wrapping around all of Pebble Beach.

My wife told me that I will nee a Go Pro camera to take that ride in so I can share it with you all on THP!

To tie this back in to golf, the Specialized Dealer show is in Santa Cruz, CA this year. My Specialized Rep told me this afternoon that the annual road-test ride that goes 17 miles will be wrapping around all of Pebble Beach.

My wife told me that I will nee a Go Pro camera to take that ride in so I can share it with you all on THP!

I'm gonna have to agree with her on that!

WE - what's you're opinion of training with a powermeter? Worth the investment?

Also, has anyone else used Trainerroad or Sufferfest?

I can only give you my opinion, and since I have never done any serious training for cycling, take it for what it is worth. As far as a powermeter, from what I have seen with using one, and have heard other people say why they like them so much, is that it gives you hard data on what you are doing in your training, rather than the old "I worked really hard on that ride" type of thing.

Using a powermeter gives you real data on what kind of output you did on your ride, and depending on which you go with, at specific intervals during your ride. Those that are working on Tri's and Ironman type events really love them, as they can take the hard date from the powermeter and digest that info to see what their optimal wattage is to yield them the best results.

For what you are doing, I see it as beneficial. For a casual cyclist, I do not see it as a wise investment.

Just bought my first real bike today! Picked up a 2013 Cervelo R3. Now they just have to track down the right frame size. Apparently being an ogre isn't always cool.

Just bought my first real bike today! Picked up a 2013 Cervelo R3. Now they just have to track down the right frame size. Apparently being an ogre isn't always cool.

Nice purchase!!! Really wanted a Cervelo or Specialized tri bike, but couldn't turn down the bargain I eventually found.

You go with a 61cm?

Nice purchase!!! Really wanted a Cervelo or Specialized tri bike, but couldn't turn down the bargain I eventually found.

Guy I work with has a P3 that's how I got hooked up with the dealer.

Sounds right. I have the paperwork at work. I will look tomorrow. The fitting process is pretty awesome.
Nice dude! And yes, the fitting process is pretty awesome.

What kind of pedals you go with?

That's awesome dude... use to ride with one of the designers from Cervelo in Toronto. We need to go ride when it warms up!!

I trained with a power meter for about 3 years. I had a coach during that time as well and the power meter was invaluable. All of my intervals, even my warm-ups and cool-downs were based on power ranges. I went in and did lactate threshold testing, which also helped dial those numbers in. If you're serious and you're wanting to make your training as effective as possible, it's a fantastic tool. Of course, all of that information is only as good as the person interpreting it, so either you or a coach really need to know how to make it work. If you've got any specific questions, I can try to give you answers based on my experiences.

Sufferfest...Ugh, I've been tempted. For one thing, I haven't ridden a ton the last few years and I didn't hear about the program until I wasn't going real hard anymore. It looks amazing, though, in a really sadistic way.

Back