Muscle Shoals, AL golf gathering 2/21-2/23

Is it between those 2 or others?

Sent from my SGH-T989

Is it between those 2 or others?

Sent from my SGH-T989

At this point I'm open, don't really want to drive 970 miles to play punched greens.

Where does everyone want to play on the trail?

I noticed today Ross bridge and Oxmoor have maintenance scheduled the week of February 21.

I'd like this to work for a decent number of guys. Any preferences on courses?

Throw out and discuss ideas...

That's a bummer. Any other options north?

The courses at he shoals (Judge and School Master) are awesome but its so far north, it would be a total crap shoot weather wise.

JM

Muscle shoals is getting punched the 24, which we will be done by then.
Silver lakes with the mind breaker, heartbreaker and back breaker is a possibility (Anniston/Gadsden area)

Silver lakes with the mind breaker, heartbreaker and back breaker is a possibility (Anniston/Gadsden area)

This course is a touch over an hour from my house. Have played it several times in the past but not since the big tornados went through a few years back. I could likely come for the day on Saturday and play.

Other thoughts for this trip was Georgia, SC.

Not real familiar with those options as 441 threw out the RTZj trail idea.

I am open to ideas here.....
Nothing's settled, what areas, work best?

I don't know if Montgomery, Ala. is too far North. But, the RTJ courses there at Prattville (suburb of Montgomery) are some of the finest on the trail. Don't know their maintenance schedule, however. Just as info, I think Ross Bridge is their most expensive course, but the Judge and Senator at Prattville do not take a back seat to it, quality wise. The Nationwide Championship was played there for several years.

Is Mobile , Al to far for everyone?? I think they have a few nice courses. Magnolia where the lpga play. I have never been.

swing your swing

Last edited:
Keeping my eye on this thread. Pick me up on the way, Michigan Slice. I'm 30 mins south of Detroit right off I-75!

Basically same weather as we are having now, don't see a problem for me as far as weather.

Same for Hampton Cove, in Hunstville. Good courses their. People their are pretty nice to or at least 2 years ago they where lol
Silver Lakes sounds fun, never played them.
RTJ on twitter (@RTJGolf) if you'd like to follow and maybe entice them into a deal =)

Here's what I am thinking......
Hampton cove, and the Muscle Shoals both are scheduled to aerate greens on the 24th.

We will be gone.

We would be golfing Friday (21), Saturday (22) with 36 holes each day. And a break away 18 on Sunday!

Does this work for everyone?
Let's start the list! First post updated with participants!

I'm in.
Will drive down Fri, maybe play 18, and do the $88 all day special for Sat, Sun is undecided right now.
Which location did you want to play first? Shoals or Hampton Cove (the 2 spots are about hour away from each other)
Trying to figure out where to get a hotel and establish basecamp lol.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Last edited:
Here's what I am thinking......
Hampton cove, and the Muscle Shoals both are scheduled to aerate greens on the 24th.

We will be gone.

We would be golfing Friday (21), Saturday (22) with 36 holes each day. And a break away 18 on Sunday!

Does this work for everyone?
Let's start the list! First post updated with participants!

I will try and mark the calendar.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

5 1/2 hrs away from me, not likely to attend. Maybe next time.

swing your swing

I'm in.
Will drive down Fri, maybe play 18, and do the $88 all day special for Sat, Sun is undecided right now.
Which location did you want to play first? Shoals or Hampton Cove (the 2 spots are about hour away from each other)
Trying to figure out where to get a hotel and establish basecamp lol.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Which courses would be best?
Do those Saturday.

Which courses would be best?
Do those Saturday.

Looking to play all 4 or just 2 of the courses?
Mojo might be able to tell us about the Shoals, think he has played them. Hampton Coves courses are good, but avg imo, most of the money was used on the club house, it is very pretty lol.
Hotel rates around the shoals are about $60 night.
Looking on golfAlabama.com, their are a few other courses to play in muscle shoals (cypress lakes and spring creek) besides rtj courses

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

I've played Fighting Joe and Schoolboy a couple of times. One is Links style one is beautiful southern woods. Love them both. Don't know agbout the other ones. I'm in for as much as i can play before they throw me out. Any memphis area folks want to ride down together let me know. its not far at all.

Back