Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wall itself is an island though, so it wouldnt be ideal that being on top of carpet across a hallway.

The wall itself is an island though, so it wouldnt be ideal that being on top of carpet across a hallway.

Oof then your only other option would be to go up the wall and around the edge where the ceiling meets the wall. You could try a wireless HDMI solution, but then you'd still have to point the remote at the cablebox somehow and not the TV when you want to change the volume or channel

Run it under the carpet . Since you are in an apartment talk to the management and explain the situation maybe you can get their maintenance guy to run it so you are not liable for anything.
Post some pics so we can brainstorm some ideas

Well my media streamer just took a dump. Need to find another one fairly quickly, any suggestions. Right now I'm leaning towards the WD TV Live.

Well my media streamer just took a dump. Need to find another one fairly quickly, any suggestions. Right now I'm leaning towards the WD TV Live.
I think thats the one JB has, and its phenomenal.

I think thats the one JB has, and its phenomenal.

Yea I think you are right. I just read some good reviews on the Roku 3 I just have to make sure it will handle all my stuff

My tablet ponder continues.

Going to return my surface, as it is just too limited with the lack of being able to install programs are things I need. For me to keep the surface I would have to go with the Surface Pro, and $900+ for a tablet is too steep.

Going to return my surface, as it is just too limited with the lack of being able to install programs are things I need. For me to keep the surface I would have to go with the Surface Pro, and $900+ for a tablet is too steep.

I just turned my ponder to a purchase. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. I know I will have some limitations when it comes to apps, but for what I will use it for I think it will do the trick. Will try and test it for everything I will need for the next 2 weeks and if it doesn't work out I will grab the LG G Pad Google play edition.

I just turned my ponder to a purchase. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. I know I will have some limitations when it comes to apps, but for what I will use it for I think it will do the trick. Will try and test it for everything I will need for the next 2 weeks and if it doesn't work out I will grab the LG G Pad Google play edition.
The G Pad is high on my list.

I am also looking hard at the HDX 8.9, Nexus 7, and Note.

Quick question for Nexus 7 tablet users. Has anyone had issues with charging their tablet or having it keep the charge? Had an enormous issue getting it started initially and today it completely shut down on me. I swear the battery wasn't running low, but I am charging it now to see if that does the trick.

Has anyone seen anything similar with their Nexus 7? I may ultimately take it back and exchange it, just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong.

Returned the surface today, and grabbed an LG G Pad 8.3

After reading the reviews, I am pretty excited to give this one a go. Love the form factor.

After reading the reviews, I am pretty excited to give this one a go. Love the form factor.

Any penalty for the return?

Nice. I'm curious to hear your thoughts after a while.

Father in law got the new Samsung, that thing is pretty damn awesome.

Any penalty for the return?
Nope, 100% refund. They like me at Best Buy.
Nice. I'm curious to hear your thoughts after a while.

Father in law got the new Samsung, that thing is pretty damn awesome.
I read up a lot yesterday and today, and what I read on the LG had me pretty impressed. It was pretty close between this one and the Nexus 7, but the expandable memory for up to 64gb memory card swayed me with this one.

So far, I am digging it.

I have the Surface Pro and it's more of a mini laptop than Tablet. Being able to run the entire Office suite is a big plus for me. I'm excited for my first sales calls using it the 2nd week of January. Have several mini presentations already set to show clients.

Hope what you ended up with works out for you Ryan.

I have the Surface Pro and it's more of a mini laptop than Tablet. Being able to run the entire Office suite is a big plus for me. I'm excited for my first sales calls using it the 2nd week of January. Have several mini presentations already set to show clients.

Hope what you ended up with works out for you Ryan.
For me to have kept the Surface, I would have needed the Surface Pro. It's a phenomenal machine, but the regular Surface 2 was lacking a bit without being able to install programs I needed and a lacking app store.

With the Pro, being able to download programs is such a nice option, and makes it that mini laptop. If the Windows store was a bit better, and had a few apps, such as Chrome and a few other things, it could have been what I needed.

I wanted it to work, so so bad. But, in the end, it wasnt meant to be

Yes, the app selection is pretty poor right now. Even some of the same apps I have on my android phone have limitations in the windows version. That's the one thing that's been a disappointment about the Surface. I do hear they expect to have more apps to offer in the next six months. We'll see.

Quick question for Nexus 7 tablet users. Has anyone had issues with charging their tablet or having it keep the charge? Had an enormous issue getting it started initially and today it completely shut down on me. I swear the battery wasn't running low, but I am charging it now to see if that does the trick.

Has anyone seen anything similar with their Nexus 7? I may ultimately take it back and exchange it, just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong.

No issues whatsoever.

All that after our conversation. We are doing the same thing but with different tabs.

All that after our conversation. We are doing the same thing but with different tabs.
Lol. It was a good convo though, Deano.

I played with them both at Best Buy for a while, and compared the two. VERY close on my decision, but figured I would let you be the guinea with the HDX and I would try out the G Pad.

Lol. It was a good convo though, Deano.

I played with them both at Best Buy for a while, and compared the two. VERY close on my decision, but figured I would let you be the guinea with the HDX and I would try out the G Pad.

Full reports due in 13 days.

Pondering an Ipad Mini retina.

Love my note 3, but not sure i like the note 8 as a tablet/media remote.

Widgets.

On a phone.

And by this I mean I'm pondering confiscating my s4 back from Matty.

Using the android tablet for 2 days reminds me why I love android OS sooo much more than iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back