Cobra Baffler XL Irons - THP Preview

Just from the pics in the first post, I would play these!

These definitely look better than the previous ones. I'm still not sure on them though. These are some of those that the pictures just don't seem to do them justice and I could see them looking better in person. How much better though is the question. Definitely see these being good for a lot of people though.

Now that I have seen them a fair bit more my choice willl be no. I owned the Cobra s3max irons and these look like a similar style/size. They were just too big and chunky, not in a cleveland hibore kind of way but just a claw at the end of a stick. Love cobra but this driver looks cheap, the hybrids look way too bulky and the irons looked great until I noticed in a video just how big they are.

However I can't wait for the Cobra Bio Cell driver in orange/black - that is looking impressive.

Here is the cobra VIDEO for the Baffler XL for all those who are keen on these clubs -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLCJHsDvTU

I would give them a shot, if I wasn't already more than satisfied with my current Cobra Amp irons.

I'm now torm between the TM SpeedBlades and these XL's. I like what I am hearing from both product, but what may make or break the sale is if I can get the XL's from 5-9, PW, AW instead of the 7-9, PW, GW with 3-6 being hybrids. The price can't be beat and I have heard nothing but awesome from the 2013 line of Amp Cells.

I'm now torm between the TM SpeedBlades and these XL's. I like what I am hearing from both product, but what may make or break the sale is if I can get the XL's from 5-9, PW, AW instead of the 7-9, PW, GW with 3-6 being hybrids. The price can't be beat and I have heard nothing but awesome from the 2013 line of Amp Cells.

From my understanding is you can get either the combo set wit 4-6 hybrids or an iron set 4 - GW. And Im sure your local store can work wit you to make your desired iron set 5-9, PW, GW.

These look better than last years Baffler irons...I hit those at a demo day and wasn't really impressed.

I'm looking forward to spending time with these....could easily see a full set happening.

Who doesn't like long, high, and straight?

I like the oversized face design with the deep undercut cavity that promotes forgiveness across the entire face.

4, 5, 6h then 7i - GW. The steel shaft is 125g which is a tad heavier than I prefer so would be curious to learn more about the graphite options.

Looks like I will be spending time with these very soon. Get prepared for serious feedback!

Looks like I will be spending time with these very soon. Get prepared for serious feedback!

Nice. Knowing your game and the sticks you have played it will be fun to hear how these work for you.

Glad to hear this! Went to hit these are golftown but only had left handed sets. Looking forward to your feedback cookie!

Not sure about Cookie, but I want to say forum member AngryYankee said he'd hit them or was going to.

hey cookie, have you hit these guys yet? and if so what do you think?

Unfortunately not, but still desperately want to.

I had a purchase lined up but it fell through due to an error with the companies pricing structure being posted incorrectly.

Have no fear, I am picking up a set of these Saturday, pending funds.

AngryYankee: did you ever get a set? I'm itching to try these but just seem near impossible to find anywhere that I could actually take outside and get some reps with.

Snapped a few photos comparing these and the standard bio cell. I really like the looks of these at address and in hand.

I was really pondering these since the graphite options were so reasonable, but just couldn't find them anywhere to actually try them

I was really pondering these since the graphite options were so reasonable, but just couldn't find them anywhere to actually try them

They are high on my radar. I like max forgiveness, high, and straight.

I just need to find a set or a single one that I can get outside and spend some time with.

I know I will need a shaft change. CTL's could be really good in these I think.

They remind me of old school cylons. (A good thing.)

Those look good Cookie. Looks like those are built for some launch and distance!

Those look good Cookie. Looks like those are built for some launch and distance!

Agreed, little Altitude & SpeedBlade baby. :)

Those have #Cookie written all over them.

I'll have an update soon. I just ordered the 5-GW in graphite, reg. 1* flat w/ GP gen2 grips.
Last night I went to GolfEtc to demo Bio, Bio+, Speedblades. All graphite reg. in 7 iron.
I had a decent swing going on, couple fat, couple thin. Most were good. I was hitting the + the best out of the group, for trajectory & consistency. And I drew almost all the shots with it.
Then the guy says for giggles hit this one. It was the Baffler Xl. Couldn't believe how well I hit them..NOT ONE BAD SHOT. Everytime it was a crisp shot. And to check I would grab one of the others to hit. But these just shine. Good height, straight. & 10 yrds better than the +. Its length was right up there with the Bios & SBs.
All my #s were better with the baffler.
Now I know what the ones were talking about with the altitudes. Big SGI irons but the results are great.
Should be in on a couple of weeks.

I have these and a couple rounds on them, but until my ball striking improves due to the long winter and surgery, I cannot give an honest review. We'll see what happens in a couple weeks when I am at 100% and the weather is warmer.

Back