PING i25 Driver Preview

I really like the crown graphics; I love the racing stripes. Pricing is basically what is standard for a top of the line driver IMO, nothing I would personally pay, but standard.

Looks like same size as the FW

Seeing that pic with a ball and the additional lines to illustrate how the racing stripes frame the ball got me thinking.....have they taken a similar idea to the Cleveland Smart Square putter with the horizontal lines used as a guide for alignment? If you split the racing stipes with a couple of vertical lines you could almost have the same alignment look as the putter?

Agree with a lot here, I would love to see this one in person. I liked the simplicity of the crown on the i20 driver a lot.

Graphics remind me of the driver 'skin' I reviewed earlier in the year. That thing really did help with alignment.

Expensive driver for what you're getting imo. I know people love to say the shafts are great from PING, but plenty of drivers out there with more features and high end shafts at less or slightly more money.

Graphics remind me of the driver 'skin' I reviewed earlier in the year. That thing really did help with alignment.

Expensive driver for what you're getting imo. I know people love to say the shafts are great from PING, but plenty of drivers out there with more features and high end shafts at less or slightly more money.

I was thinking about the same thing about the 'skin' as well. Ping just needs to add a "Bacon strip" aligntment aid, and I'm sold.

Probably going to have to pay an upcharge as well to go for something other than stock shaft.

I actually like seeing the stripes from the picture in the Twitter feed. As one that uses an alignment line on my ball for tee shots, having something like that on a driver could work well for me to know that I'm aligned correctly. I'll be interested in hitting this one in the spring.

As much as I like PING - this is my question too. Every other company is offering premium aftermarket shafts. Why continue down this road?

I like that they added adjustability to the i driver line. The crown reminds me of some of the stuff we have seen from Cobra in the last couple of years(the offset versions). I don't think they look bad, but it doesn't have that nice clean look that the i20 had.

I like the looks and I really like the sounds of this:
High-density tungsten sole weights lower the CG to reduce spin for a flatter ball flight and a landing angle that maximizes roll out.

Price is a little steep....and I can't help but think this won't be much different than the i20 except you can adjust the lofts +/- 1/2 degree. I'd still love to check it out, just not sold that there's anything ground breaking with this one other than the racing stripes....which may help alignment so that's cool.

Now that is how you do a driver crown graphic. Subtle, looks cool, and highly functional. This looks like a really solid i-line driver option from Ping. I can see this one being very popular.

I can't tell if I like or dislike the crown racing stripes graphic. My first thought was I didn't like it, but the straight line might help a bit with alignment to the intermediate target, so maybe I'd find a way for it to grow on me.

I really like the crown graphics; I love the racing stripes. Pricing is basically what is standard for a top of the line driver IMO, nothing I would personally pay, but standard.

Looks like same size as the FW

This was a really great post about the crown graphics. Want to bump this.

As much as I like PING - this is my question too. Every other company is offering premium aftermarket shafts. Why continue down this road?
I've always wondered that myself as well, I had a ping g10 a while back and had a proforce shaft in it, but I think the store upgraded, not ping. I could be wrong though, there are so many amazing shaft offerings, you would think they'd want to piggy back onto the popularity of some of those brands.

For some reason I have never gotten along with an I series driver and I am a Ping homer. Between the forgiveness of the G line and the low spin of the Anser line I am just unsure how this would be better than the other 2 depending on your needs.

I'm really not liking the racing stripes. Maybe it'll be better seeing it in person, but I much prefer a clean looking crown.

Just doesn't seem like much of a difference looks-wise from past lines. Hard to differentiate what is new or not when looking at past lines compared to the i25 driver. Not a bad thing, just my opinion. It will warrant hitting for sure.

I don't think he racing stripes are really going to be an issue. They will just blend into the back ground after a few swings
It is not a bad looking club all have to get in hand and see how it performs.

Hmm, not sure what do make of the crown graphic. From the pictures I would have to say it is a bit too much for me, I would prefer a much smaller alignment aid. That being said, without seeing the club in person, I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Saw this on Twitter this morning. Good to see PING releasing new gear!

Dig the racing stripes. Don't know how it will work for me, but this is definitely on the must hit list for 2014.

I like the racing strips and I believe in person they will be more subtle than it appears on our computer screens. Unconventional alignment aids seem to be a trend in 2013-2014 and I've read that there has been quite a bit of research in that department. Taylormade spent a lot of R&D dollars on the R1 and RBZ Stage 2 paint schemes and it seems Ping has put some thought into as well.

Not bad - I'm interested. Come spring I'll be giving this a look at, especially the fairway woods...

I like the stripes much better than some of the companies crown graphics. I have heard through some connections that this driver is the longest that ping has ever put out.

BTW, this club is $399 retail/street. The $440 price is just MSRP.

Back