#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

There will be an announcement about one of the rosters coming on Monday.
Maybe #ZooCrew members announcement!

I know the course is only part of the event but I used to be a member and know every hole like the back of my hand. Ask me anything.....

Does one course have more risk/reward type holes? Maybe one has more at the start where you could take some risks and try to build a lead. Or maybe one has more on the back where if you're behind you'll have to take some risks to try and gain ground.

I know the course is only part of the event but I used to be a member and know every hole like the back of my hand. Ask me anything.....

What are your favorite holes on each course? Less a strategy question, more just curious of what holes stick out to you.

Back to the topic of yardage books.

For those with Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.championsgate.mobile&hl=en

Played with this briefly. It looks like it will take your gps position, and you can pick a target (in a satellite view) and the app will give you the yardage to the target and the yardage from the target to the hole. Pretty neat!

Dude, Brilliant! Downloading it now and will fuss around with it while I'm traveling tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear what the announcement could be on Monday

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Awesome, Thanks Freddie! Which hole (s) do you feel the match could be won/lost. Also, is there normally a lot of wind to contend with?

The national is more of a traditional style course. Standard type bunkers, flattish greens, wooded areas.

The international is an American lynx layout with many many bunkers (pot, waste and deep green side standard) greens are more undulating than the National. Some forced carries and more water is in play.

Looks like we are bombarding you with questions now but appreciate your willingness to take them and share your knowledge. Another one from me.

For each course can you let us know which nine you think is more difficult?

Does one course have more risk/reward type holes? Maybe one has more at the start where you could take some risks and try to build a lead. Or maybe one has more on the back where if you're behind you'll have to take some risks to try and gain ground.
not know what tees you will play but if you play the up tees the par5 are reachable for the longer hitter and #11 on the international is a drivable par 4 from the forward tee and longer hitters can reach from the blue.

The national has two par5s that are reachable on the front and 16 is a drivable par4 and so is 5 for the brave one that want to carry the marsh on the left.

What are your favorite holes on each course? Less a strategy question, more just curious of what holes stick out to you.
All the par 5 on both courses. 5 on international is a drivable par4 from blue and white tee. 13 on the international. I really like the national course a lot
Awesome, Thanks Freddie! Which hole (s) do you feel the match could be won/lost. Also, is there normally a lot of wind to contend with?

The last 5 holes are the international could decide some matches. The last 3 on the National

Love all the talk about prep and course. I have no doubt all of you will be in tip top shape with your games.

Awesome answers Freddie. Thanks for your insight.

I've never played a Greg Norman designed course before and I'll get to play 2 in one trip. Going to be awesome! Just hope that big shark doesn't bite me!

I've never played a Greg Norman designed course before and I'll get to play 2 in one trip. Going to be awesome! Just hope that big shark doesn't bite me!

Maybe not the shark, but you guys will get mopped up by the hair :D

not know what tees you will play but if you play the up tees the par5 are reachable for the longer hitter and #11 on the international is a drivable par 4 from the forward tee and longer hitters can reach from the blue.

The national has two par5s that are reachable on the front and 16 is a drivable par4 and so is 5 for the brave one that want to carry the marsh on the left.

All the par 5 on both courses. 5 on international is a drivable par4 from blue and white tee. 13 on the international. I really like the national course a lot

The last 5 holes are the international could decide some matches. The last 3 on the National

A drivable par 4 near the end of the round could definitely decide a match or two. So many different scenarios could unfold there.

Looks like we are bombarding you with questions now but appreciate your willingness to take them and share your knowledge. Another one from me.

For each course can you let us know which nine you think is more difficult?

The front 9 of the international is the toughest IMO. But I play the tips or blue when I play. 1&2 are pretty straight forward. #3 is a great par from every set of tees. 4 is drivable but I think most will layup and then you have to choose wisely. 5,6,7 are the toughest holes on the course. Long par3, and two long par 4. 8 and 9 if played right you can gain shots on the field.

I'm really getting frustrated with the weather pattern in Georgia these days. I'm ready to begin my prep for the King and the cold stuff keeps hanging around. I can't imagine what you guys up north are dealing with. At least we are not having the snow and ice to deal with like you folks.

I'm really getting frustrated with the weather pattern in Georgia these days. I'm ready to begin my prep for the King and the cold stuff keeps hanging around. I can't imagine what you guys up north are dealing with. At least we are not having the snow and ice to deal with like you folks.

Practice pitching in the yard or putting on the Birdie Ball green. Study the SeeMore SPi videos I bookmarked in your bookmark bar. Read your Bob Rotella books. :alien:

Practice pitching in the yard or putting on the Birdie Ball green. Study the SeeMore SPi videos I bookmarked in your bookmark bar. Read your Bob Rotella books. :alien:
You tell him KB, keep him focused

If it isn't snowing you can still do it, OG. My advice is to layer your clothes so you can adjust quickly to maintain your comfort, and don't plan to be in the weather for more than an hour or two...not sure why but much more than that for practice and the elements start to get to me. Good luck!

Frozen and frosty ground just makes golf even more fun than usual. Crazy long drives and wedges to asphalt greens all day!

For prep, I'm starting by re-committing to the gym. I was on a nice track there up until the holidays, so I'm going to get back in and work strength training, flexibility, and cardio endurance.

My course's golf pro is in FL until mid to late April, so hopefully the assistant is going to stick around this winter for some pointers. I'm also going to be spending some considerable time at the range working on my mid-irons which have consistently been my issue lately. I also downloaded Golf Magazine's "Break 80 Planner" which is a 6-week action plan to get my game in shape using about 3 hours per week to practice. hopefully the weather cooperates with my plans.
I've never seen this before. Awesome! Thanks for the reference.

Have you started the program yet? How has it been going?

Looks like my plan to be there a week early took a kick in the pants. I have to be in training that week in Oregon. I will probably be flying down on Thursday now. Not too big of a deal, but it would have been nice to get used to the 4 hour time change for a few days.

THP #theking #imwithchad
Hit me up when you are coming to Oregon. Let's see if we can get out for a round or even just go hit some balls together and have a beer or something. I'm in the Portland area.

Last edited:
This thread is great. It is a lot of fun to feel the excitement you guys are experiencing.

This thread is great. It is a lot of fun to feel the excitement you guys are experiencing.

I'm about as pumped up as a Bull in a pen full of hefers :thumb:

Its funny seeing those two posts back to back. I imagine OG sitting in his chair surfing and posting on THP. KB is editing grand baby videos and posting right back at him from across he room. Priceless! "Sweetie, I replied to your post..."
"I know sugar, thanks. What ya wanna do for supper?" Gotta get to meet you guys soon.....

JM

Its funny seeing those two posts back to back. I imagine OG sitting in his chair surfing and posting on THP. KB is editing grand baby videos and posting right back at him from across he room. Priceless! "Sweetie, I replied to your post..."
"I know sugar, thanks. What ya wanna do for supper?" Gotta get to meet you guys soon.....

JM

haha looking forward to it buddy!

Back