Compression layers, what are your thoughts?

i'll agree with this, my arm hair will start to hurt if i wear the sleeved compression shirts for long periods of time... if that makes any sense

I just read this whole thread, and it's got me in ponder mode. The Eastbay compression gear is on sale now 2 for $19.99 with free shipping, and I'm looking at some tops and bottoms for the MC and also the prep up to it (golfing, running, etc.). For those of you who like compression shirts, do you like sleeveless or sleeved?

Sleeveless + sleeves if that makes sense. Sleeveless top under my shirt plus I wear Skins A400 sleeves that come up to the top of my bicep. Less restriction in the shoulder joint plus they're removable if I want.

I just read this whole thread, and it's got me in ponder mode. The Eastbay compression gear is on sale now 2 for $19.99 with free shipping, and I'm looking at some tops and bottoms for the MC and also the prep up to it (golfing, running, etc.). For those of you who like compression shirts, do you like sleeveless or sleeved?

Mine are all sleeveless. I have worn in both warm and cold weather. I really enjoy the layer

Sleeves. Haven't tried sleeveless, maybe I should.

I can't live without compress layers!

I wear The UA base layer mock neck in the fall/winter and early spring for the most part under my golf shirts. I do have the nike thermal sleeves which I'll wear if it's a golf morning. I also like to throw them on if it's raining as well. I really like them a lot, I don't feel they're to tight or restricting at all.

I don't wear any compression layers in the warmer months though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear this stuff all the time. I like the fitted versions compared to the compression. It fits a little looser around my waste and stomach. I like how it fits my arms because I do not like loose fabric around my arms. I have nike, under armour, which are both very good but I favor nike. The best deal out there is East bay. They make there own private label compression gear for $10-$15 cheaper then the name brands and the quality is pretty good. Checkout eastbay.com.

Just put in an order from Eastbay. 2 sleeveless, 1 sleeved, and 1 pair of shorts to try out. Can't wait to try them out.

I think I have only played one round in the last 6 months with a compression layer.

I only use these for a month or two during the year for golf.

But I have used them three times this winter for shoveling. UA Cold Gear is awesome stuff.

I wear a compression layer year round, love it.

I always wear one, a sleeveless version in warm weather and a heavy weight one for cooler rounds.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Never tried them until after Branson where i saw some being used. I like the fact that in heat, they can save a shirt. Sweat seems to stay on the compression layer and as air passes through the outer shirt, cooling takes place. The outer shirt doesn't stick to the compression layer like it tends to do on sweaty skin.

I like them!

JM

I like the compression layer in cold weather. I had not tried any for summertime conditions but after reading some thoughts on here I might have to give it a try.

KG

Just Tapping Away

I wear a long-sleeve crew neck when it's cold. Helps a lot and is very comfortable. Have never worn compression layers in warm weather. Don't think I'd like it.

Not really a fan of compression layers, I usually stick to Merino wool sweaters over my polo and my wind pull over.
The issue I have is that your golf swing should be loose and flexible, compression layers in my opinion hinder that.

I always wear compression layers during the winter months for warmth and theyre great. They keep you warm but dont feel bulky. Ive never tried them during the summer though.

I tried the compression layer this summer because of this thread and I have to say that I am a believer in them as they actually help keep you cooler and drier in the Summer heat and you don't even know you have it on. In the Winter here I will wear mostly UA Cold Gear depending on the temperature and I also have some lighter weight UA All Season Gear I will wear when it isn't too cold just to take the chill out of the air.

Got my order from Eastbay today, and I have to say that I now know why TBT and White Rhino call these sausage shirts; they are snug. That being said, once it's on, you don't notice it as much, and I especially like how these EB shirts are extra long so I won't have to worry about it getting untucked while swinging. Plan on wearing a compression top and compression shorts for a run Monday or Tuesday and will see if they work as well as I hope they do.

Got my order from Eastbay today, and I have to say that I now know why TBT and White Rhino call these sausage shirts; they are snug. That being said, once it's on, you don't notice it as much, and I especially like how these EB shirts are extra long so I won't have to worry about it getting untucked while swinging. Plan on wearing a compression top and compression shorts for a run Monday or Tuesday and will see if they work as well as I hope they do.

I really like the Eastbay compression pieces, very reasonable and they fit as well as Under Armor.

How do the Eastbay's fit size wise? Same as the UA? Larger, smaller?

I found them to run about the same size, perhaps a tiny bit smaller, but it may just have been they were new compared to some older UA ones.

I tried on a UA at scheels and ordered the same size from EB. I think they are pretty comparable in size; both tight! :alien: for 2 for $19.99 and free shipping, I don't see how you can go wrong.

I tried on a UA at scheels and ordered the same size from EB. I think they are pretty comparable in size; both tight! :alien: for 2 for $19.99 and free shipping, I don't see how you can go wrong.

That was my thoughts just wanted to verify before ordering. I wear them for every round I play now.

Not really a fan of compression layers, I usually stick to Merino wool sweaters over my polo and my wind pull over.
The issue I have is that your golf swing should be loose and flexible, compression layers in my opinion hinder that.

I used to think that, but the thing is they don't. They should, but I had no restrictions at all, and I'm someone that struggles to swing in a rain jacket. Don't require them anymore, but back in the cold mornings of the UK, an Under Armour compression top was a staple piece of clothing for me.

Back