Equipment options are good for everybody. People who complain about it are fuddy duddies. IMO.

JB I think it has a lot to do with timing of releases.

where ping is at the beginning of the calendar yr and off season for most us with their releases.

TM and Callaway have dropped mid yr/season equipment which is after many have already purchased new equipment just months before. These releases seem to dramatically hit the sell price of equipment seemingly right after many purchased that same equipment and make trade ins worth nothing on equipment that's barely played.

Just my 2cents.

Interesting.
But what Ping's August releases?

I didn't know they did an August release.

Going off memory, but they have in the past. Things like the Anser driver was released at that time.

Interesting.
But what Ping's August releases?

I didn't know they did an August release.

Correction that was the s55 release?

Not sure when the previous model was released of those. But those irons aren't in the majority of players wheel house from the reviews of the I read.

They can do what every other major manufacture has done, but because they're not TaylorMade or Callaway there isn't a target on thier backs. Keep releasing clubs, make to golfing world better through innovation.... I'm good with it. Just because there is something new out doesn't mean my wallet needs to suffer. It seems like a case of the tail wagging the dog for many of these arguments

Does Ping have more iron sets out currently than Callaway?

Does Ping have more iron sets out currently than Callaway?

Well if you go by their websites, I'd say they both have 6 iron sets. I didn't include Callaways "ladies set", nor Ping's G20's which they still have listed too

I've never understood why people care how often companies release new products. I hear the "trade in / resale value argument" and I guess I understand that perspective, but it seems like trade in value is more dependent on age and condition than what is currently available new. Those in the market for used clubs don't care nearly as much about having the latest and greatest, or they would be buying new. IMO, a set of 2-yr old irons isn't going to be worth more just because that particular OEM has only released one other set since that line. They're still 2 years old and there is still a lot of new technology out there from all the other OEMs. Personally, I rather enjoy being able to hit so many different new options when I'm in the market for equipment. I've changed up my entire bag over the last year. My choices were all over the board - some brand new, some used (thanks, THP marketplace!) some older tech, some cutting edge. Look, feel, fit, and finish are key for me and having the most options possible means I'm most likely to find exactly what I want.

Thanks for all the information guys. I'm learning a lot about Ping and other manufacturers from these posts. Keep em coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm referring to the original full-line Rapture offerings (and Rapture V2) where you had irons, hybrids, fairways and hybrids. The Rapture name is now being used for specialty clubs only that do not necessarily fit with another line (at least according to our Ping rep).

Can you explain that? You mentioned the Rapture line being replaced despite products still coming out.

I'm sure it's just me missing something.

Surprised to see the Anser get mothballed. I am wondering if the i25 is the replacement or well see a new Anser soon. The whole Anser Woods/Irons series didn't seem to move the needle much, although a few PGA guys have the hypo in the bag.

Plenty of releases, but their marketing isn't over the top so they don't catch all the attention/flack.

Surprised to see the Anser get mothballed. I am wondering if the i25 is the replacement or well see a new Anser soon. The whole Anser Woods/Irons series didn't seem to move the needle much, although a few PGA guys have the hypo in the bag.

Phil carried one of the Anser hybrids. Can't be that bad of a club.

Correction that was the s55 release?

Not sure when the previous model was released of those. But those irons aren't in the majority of players wheel house from the reviews of the I read.

S55 was just released last November 3 years after the previous S56.

i line replace the anser line? i25 replaces the current i line up. There will be new anser items coming to market. Not sure it will entail as much as the previous line from driver to irons though.

Come to think of it, wasn't the current anser irons released in late 2012? With a 18 month cycle release it would make sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think Ping has slightly missed with the Rapture naming relaunch. It was previously SGI and replaced by the K. Now they have brought it back, but it is far from SGI (at least when I look at it). I'm somewhat confused. It's not like I thought the Rapture was all that great of a name and that color scheme didn't age as well. It's like they know that consumers felt that this was a premium line, but now they're aimed at a different consumer.

Ping's lines remind me of where the car industry is. Put a letter with a model number. Change the "line" for the top end gear. I got it when it was K, G, I. The Anser and Karsten lines have messed with me a little bit as I don't quite understand where they slot.

Let's be real here :)

People love to hate popular things. One of the easiest ways to make yourself look cool. Easy pickings when you can whine about releases from companies that market the hell out of their products. Not as many pay attention to other companies, so they get a free pass.

Back