#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

One memory that I'll always have was the intense strategy session at the hotel bar before we made our singles matches at dinner. Ended up working out pretty teribbly, but I was all full of confidence after that.

Hey looking good on paper is half the battle (the losing half usually)

You just never know! I would give my right......arm to do what these guys did with 'em during this event.

I've got two pinkie toes. One of them could go in a second.

Hey looking good on paper is half the battle (the losing half usually)

LOL yea that was a drag. We had pretty good matches though. Didn't get everything we wanted, but we were close. The big goal was not to have a bunch of matches on singles day where we gave up strokes, because that's tough to deal with. I think two of the eight matches were lopsided in that regard and we won one and lost the other, so that part was actually a small success.

If I could have figured out a way to do something similar the first day I think we could have been in a better spot Wednesday, but hindsight is 20/20.

LOL yea that was a drag. We had pretty good matches though. Didn't get everything we wanted, but we were close. The big goal was not to have a bunch of matches on singles day where we gave up strokes, because that's tough to deal with. I think two of the eight matches were lopsided in that regard and we won one and lost the other, so that part was actually a small success.

If I could have figured out a way to do something similar the first day I think we could have been in a better spot Wednesday, but hindsight is 20/20.

Hawk, you had a great strategy for us to succeed. No shame in the game we played and we had the time of our lives. No regrets!

One memory that I'll always have was the intense strategy session at the hotel bar before we made our singles matches at dinner. Ended up working out pretty teribbly, but I was all full of confidence after that.
Hawk not that I liked the outcome! But that round is one I will never forget!

Hawk not that I liked the outcome! But that round is one I will never forget!

Same here Kevin. It turned out perfectly, even with the loss.

The feeling of pulling up to the gate the first day. Driver opening the window, and announcing us as "Callaway". The gates opened, and we made our way through the neighborhood, made the right turn, the first hole of the Clive was to the left. Frost working its way across the fairway. It was a dream that came true!

The feeling of pulling up to the gate the first day. Driver opening the window, and announcing us as "Callaway". The gates opened, and we made our way through the neighborhood, made the right turn, the first hole of the Clive was to the left. Frost working its way across the fairway. It was a dream that came true!

That painted such a vivid image Kevin, oh that memory will last forever! And the Hideway literally hidden, no signs at all and just a little building and fence separated us from a hackers heaven.

Dude you set us up to win! It isnt on you, and when I walked off the course on the last day I felt like a freaking winner dude, and thats all that matters. I had the time of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything

Gaurantee that was Finley's idea.

Maybe!

And glad you guys enjoyed (wasted) your time in that strategy session. At least it was not a total waste of time as you got a beer out of it.

Maybe I missed it in the LIVE thread but I was wondering if this was part of the strategy at all. I can only imagine how tough it is to have to give up strokes in match play and I think I would utilize a similar strategy.

Maybe I missed it in the LIVE thread but I was wondering if this was part of the strategy at all. I can only imagine how tough it is to have to give up strokes in match play and I think I would utilize a similar strategy.

Sounds like it at least was the second day. Definitely adds a twist to the strategizing.

The strategy sessions in the hotel suites are gonna be awesome. Ohhhh man I can't freakin wait

So who still lives by the 3 rules?

I know I still break rule 3. But I can't help it if you don't agree with my thoughts. If they would just agree with me then all could be avoided.

We should adjust the three rules a bit:

1. Have fun
2. Don't be a [jerk]
3. Watch out for glass doors, bro

Above all else, breakfast sliders. Because, breakfast sliders.

Sounds like it at least was the second day. Definitely adds a twist to the strategizing.

The strategy sessions in the hotel suites are gonna be awesome. Ohhhh man I can't freakin wait

It sort of depends on how you're picking matchups. We did it RC style for the first two rounds, so each captain made a lineup and just announced it. In that case, you don't have a lot of control with who's playing who and we had some pretty bad matchups. Had some good ones too though.

The singles day we did selections Presidents Cup style where we alternated selections, so I'd say a name and Harry would say a name. Then he say the next one and so on.

It sort of depends on how you're picking matchups. We did it RC style for the first two rounds, so each captain made a lineup and just announced it. In that case, you don't have a lot of control with who's playing who and we had some pretty bad matchups. Had some good ones too though.

The singles day we did selections Presidents Cup style where we alternated selections, so I'd say a name and Harry would say a name. Then he say the next one and so on.

I love that it was done this way, just way cooler than trying to pair them up together

I like the Presidents Cup style a lot. So you think you maybe would have faired a little better if it was that way both days?

Every day that goes by without a Breakfast slider, I die a little inside.

Why has no one procured the breakfast slider recipe yet? Do I have to do everything?

I like the Presidents Cup style a lot. So you think you maybe would have faired a little better if it was that way both days?

Good question, but I don't know if I have a good answer.

I think it would have put a little more control into both captain's hands, so you have that. I do think that it would have allowed me to bring indexes more into the strategizing on the first two days, but in reality - we've never done handicapped events at THP and I had no real experience there anyway. Probably the biggest thing I'd change if I could. I'd learn a bit more about how to work in a handicapped event.

Good question, but I don't know if I have a good answer.

I think it would have put a little more control into both captain's hands, so you have that. I do think that it would have allowed me to bring indexes more into the strategizing on the first two days, but in reality - we've never done handicapped events at THP and I had no real experience there anyway. Probably the biggest thing I'd change if I could. I'd learn a bit more about how to work in a handicapped event.

Solid point. Just was wondering because I'm curious how this is going to shake out for #TheKing.

This got me rolling on the floor laughing. Partially because I was just doing that to my girlfriends cat. But I think most of us are the cat in that scenario.

I'd say you will be fine for the king but, that's right, you're with Chad. So I can understand why you need to know about how to setup matches. Haha

Yea it's a good thing to start thinking about for sure.

I'd say you will be fine for the king but, that's right, you're with Chad. So I can understand why you need to know about how to setup matches. Haha

Funny guy over here :bulgy-eyes:

I still enjoy reading thoughts and memories from this thread whenever I drop back in

If the Grandaddy event was to become a permanent fixture in the THP calendar, it, along with the Morgan Cup, would be something I would love to be able to experience one day

Back