The Wind Shot - Product Feature

This is definitely an interesting little gadget. Wind, especially a headwind is something I struggle with big time, so this would help with selecting the right club. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this at the beginning of a round in conjunction with the weather forecast and use the chart? It's a big generalization but I'm sure some studies and science went into the making of it and it works. Thanks for the review Hawk!

Hawk any chance of a quick video showing the wind sock being deployed and then having it go back in? Wondering how big/long the wind sock is and how well it actually picks up the breeze you are playing in(I'm sure we'll hear that in the review).

Hawk any chance of a quick video showing the wind sock being deployed and then having it go back in? Wondering how big/long the wind sock is and how well it actually picks up the breeze you are playing in(I'm sure we'll hear that in the review).

Gimme a couple minutes...

Scratch that. I thought I had it with me. I was going to vine it.

Check this out from their site instead.

Seems simple enough. thanks

No problemo. It does move in the wind just like that too.

No problemo. It does move in the wind just like that too.

would have loved that at PGA National back in the day.

would have loved that at PGA National back in the day.

LOL. I don't think it goes that high. I needed about 7 clubs more than normal on 18.

I love the idea behind this little device, such a cool proudct. Hopefully I'll be able to see one in person!

Seems like a simple, and pretty quick device to use, but I think it would be against the rules to use in play. Would be a great tool to use during practice, though.

I'll just stick with the grass in the wind method.

Really neat idea, would come in handy here on the prairies when the winds are howling.

I agree on the slow play comment by JB. Slow Play in my opinion is due to routine and over analysis. A device like this or a rangefinder/gps should give you the means to keep the pace of play, while making tough decisions easier (hopefully).

Nice little gadget. I don't think it would take that long. Only 1 person in the group would have to use it and could relay the information

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Slow play exists from pre shot routines, practice swings, indecision and green reading more than it ever does from gadgets. To me this would take 2 seconds to look at, especially if it is already out.

I don't think it would slow me up, and I think that GPS/Range finders speed up play as you don't have people looking for a yardage marker then walking off the difference to there balls. Very interesting, thanks for finding this!

I seem to play in the wind a lot (I think golf courses are generally built where the wind is, hahaha)

This could really help you get used to exactly how much wind is affecting your club selection so in non-practice rounds you have a better idea.

Seems like a cool concept, except for the biggest problem is that you're only measuring the wind at ground level, not the wind you'll get while the ball is at peak height. As I've come to learn, a very mild breeze on the ground often doesn't mean jack.

It's an interesting concept. I like the idea of being able to quantify the amount of wind instead of guessing "one club" or "half a club" wind. Using that device regularly could help understand the precise amount of club to adjust for a particular wind.

I have two concerns about using it on the course, though. First, there are times where trees, etc., block the wind. It could give you a false positive result in those instances.

Second, people have mentioned that I am "deliberate" when I play golf. Having another device that adds more time to my routine may not be helpful for me.

With that said, it could be a good product to use on the range to get accustomed to how specific wind speeds affect distances.

I could see this being something one uses for awhile and after use, has a better idea of windage and yardages and would need to use it less and less. Very interesting little product.

This company could make a fortune in Texas alone! Interesting looking product, for sure, would love to check it out.

Cool lil gadget , only downside is you wouldn't be able to use it in a tournament.

Just something quick to introduce a newer product guys. It's not a review and I haven't used it on the course yet.

Gotcha. Thanks for posting the video too.

Interesting little gadget for sure...would love to try it out.

Really like this gadget. Very simple to use and could be very helpful on those windy days. Every time I see a chart like the one on the back I am amazed at how much wind has an affect on the Golf ball

KG

Just Tapping Away

Back