What are you reading?

I just finished Haney's The Big Miss and am starting Pelz's Putting Games.

Anyone else read business books? Just finished Getting Naked.

Now onto The Power of Habit.

Anyone else read business books? Just finished Getting Naked.

Now onto The Power of Habit.

I'm currently in a training program based on "Being the Boss". Probably gonna pick up the book, too.

Peter May - the series with Enzo MacLeod as main character

Just started reading Steve Jobs' autobiography.

Skinner by Charles Huston. Interesting so far - basically a spy novel, thriller, etc.

The Last of the Doughboys by Richard Rubin. Just started this one. It's about WWI and the author tracks down some of the last surviving veterans. Has the potential to be very good.

Just finished Ender's Game, which I hadn't read since....middle school, I think. Maybe because of the ending, maybe because I don't remember being really affected by it when I read it as a kid, but I thought it was kinda dull. There's a certain Red Badge of Courage feeling of just kind of being swept up in events beyond your control that change how you feel about things, but to me it's just not nearly as deep and profound a book as friends of mine say it is. I can't imagine the idea of getting as worked up about a poor film adaptation of the book as some of my friends are.

I need to finish reading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency before it goes back to the library.

The Bay of Pigs by Haynes Johnson

Civilian Warriors by Erik Prince

Tells story of Blackwater by its founder. Pretty interesting read so far... Compared with what the media says about the company.

Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection by John E. Scarno.

Just finished "Killing Jesus." Found another author who I really enjoy - Wilbur Smith. I plan on reading most of his books spaced out over the Winter. Waiting for Lee Child, Baldacci or Harlan Coben to write their next books.

Just finished "Killing Jesus." Found another author who I really enjoy - Wilbur Smith. I plan on reading most of his books spaced out over the Winter. Waiting for Lee Child, Baldacci or Harlan Coben to write their next books.

How did you feel about the latest Reacher book, Never go back? It was solid writing from Lee Child, but to be honest, I wasn't blown away.

1a-dr-sleep-art-gd5ojt3v-10924-kingbk-lf.jpg

So I just finished reading In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. I really enjoyed it but it took me quite a while to get through.

Trying to find something else to read anyone know of a good place to look? I have started looking at Google Play books but didn't really find anything. Gonna go through this thread as well.

Just started Inferno by Dan Brown...just finished Lost Symbol by him. I am also between a lot of other books
War and the Soul, Edward Tick
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle, James C Hunter
Social Influences on Ethical Behavior in Organizations, edited by Darley, Messick, and Tyler

Still getting through Gone with the Wind, but also started Blasted Heaths and Blessed Green, a book that details Scotland's golf courses. At some point I plan on getting over there, so thought it'd be a good idea to learn more about the courses and figure out specifically where I want to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My students talked me into reading the Divergent series. I am glad they did. Some of the best books I have read. Right up there with Dan Brown in my opinion. I started reading the first book on 12/21 and just finished the 3rd now. They are great book and anyone would love reading them.

Lloyd Geering, From the big bang to God. This was recommended to me by my neighbour and it's a great read.

Two nights ago I started Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. I'm sure everyone has seen the previews for the movie. I finished it over two nights. I haven't done that for years. It's an amazing story and very well written. There's a lot of time spent on the SEALs training that I doubt the movie covers. The authors do an amazing job of telling the story of Operation Redwing.

Reading Dust by Hugh Howey. It's the last part of his Wool series.

My students talked me into reading the Divergent series. I am glad they did. Some of the best books I have read. Right up there with Dan Brown in my opinion. I started reading the first book on 12/21 and just finished the 3rd now. They are great book and anyone would love reading them.

I'm currently reading the third book in the series, Allegiant. Definitely good reading. Looking forward to the movie adaptation coming out this year.

I just bought Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10. Marcus is a local guy from the area (Willis,Tx) & heard an interview with him on the way to work. Very inspiring and cant wait to start.

Two nights ago I started Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. I'm sure everyone has seen the previews for the movie. I finished it over two nights. I haven't done that for years. It's an amazing story and very well written. There's a lot of time spent on the SEALs training that I doubt the movie covers. The authors do an amazing job of telling the story of Operation Redwing.

I need to read this book. I also need to read it before seeing Mark Walhberg butcher the movie.

I just bought Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10. Marcus is a local guy from the area (Willis,Tx) & heard an interview with him on the way to work. Very inspiring and cant wait to start.

I need to read this book. I also need to read it before seeing Mark Walhberg butcher the movie.

I've seen and read interviews with Marcus Luttrell. Sounds like he and other SEALs were very active during filming. They made sure the movie fits and matches what took place in Afghanistan. I hope it turns out great. Read the book, tell people about the book, everyone should read this book.

I've seen and read interviews with Marcus Luttrell. Sounds like he and other SEALs were very active during filming. They made sure the movie fits and matches what took place in Afghanistan. I hope it turns out great. Read the book, tell people about the book, everyone should read this book.

Heard lots of good things about the book. Definitely on my list. Such an amazing story.

Back