The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on day 3 of little sleep and we have been going on one after the other pipe busts that are now dethawing and flowing water everywhere.

We are getting pretty good at shutting down the water systems in a hurry.

Wandered into Golfsmith to kill some time this afternoon and see what was new. I was wanting to see the new Odyssey Metal X Milled putters. Sales guy walks up and I ask if they had them yet. He knew absolutely nothing about them. I proceeded to show him their website and educate him on them. He might as well been working at The Gap for all the golf knowledge he possessed.

I have to drive all the way across town to find a decent store (PGA SS) but thankfully I have that option. It must really suck to live somewhere with no golf stores.

You are lucky, there isn't a store for 200kms around me that knows about clubs most of the time. 3Deep, no clue. Bio Cell, huh? Taylor Made, oh yes we have all sorts of Taylor Made.

And that is if I am lucky enough to find a salesperson... today he was hiding in the hitting bay sorting clothes.

I'm really bored at work and really starting to hate my hours. I've been told my hours would change two months ago and they are moving people into positions they shouldn't be in. They are taking steps back and not headed in a good direction.

Insurance companies. Home Insurance policy on my former rental home was paid for the up coming year back in October. Cancelled the policy 3 weeks ago when the house was sold, sent in the appropriate forms. Now I can't get them to respond to me on whether the policy is cancelled or if there is a refund for the premiums paid in advance for 2014.

I'm on day 3 of little sleep and we have been going on one after the other pipe busts that are now dethawing and flowing water everywhere.

We are getting pretty good at shutting down the water systems in a hurry.

Thats brutal man, hopefully relief on the way with warmer temps coming

Insurance companies. Home Insurance policy on my former rental home was paid for the up coming year back in October. Cancelled the policy 3 weeks ago when the house was sold, sent in the appropriate forms. Now I can't get them to respond to me on whether the policy is cancelled or if there is a refund for the premiums paid in advance for 2014.

Usually there is a refund that's prorated. I would check with the title company/attorney's office who did the closing on the home and rant to them and see if they have any info or a better contact number.

They should be able to backdate the cancellation to the date the home was sold and issue a refund for the unused premium.

Usually there is a refund that's prorated. I would check with the title company/attorney's office who did the closing on the home and rant to them and see if they have any info or a better contact number.

Thanks!! I figured it would be prorated. I originally checked with my insurance company who pointed me to the insurance broker I initially worked with. Now both are pointing me back to the other.

That is a great idea about going back to the attorney's office. Thanks!

They should be able to backdate the cancellation to the date the home was sold and issue a refund for the unused premium.

That was my assumption as well. I am going to take MWard's suggestion and run with it.

Fedex store...16 bucks for a box...seriously

I miss getting up early and hitting balls on the range at 630 when the sun just gets up then playing a round

I made that mistake once. Never again.

FedEx store can suck it. I'll never pay for any packaging goods there ever again.

I just had this argument with a guy at the ups store. $14 for a cardboard box. He says "it's a different kind of cardboard". I almost punched him

I made that mistake once. Never again.

FedEx store can suck it. I'll never pay for any packaging goods there ever again.

Yep Yep shame on me only once.

Yeah I had a box at home but got lost in the move, was sending to global golf too so I had labels and everything already.

I could have went to galaxy and snagged one had I known

Wandered into Golfsmith to kill some time this afternoon and see what was new. I was wanting to see the new Odyssey Metal X Milled putters. Sales guy walks up and I ask if they had them yet. He knew absolutely nothing about them. I proceeded to show him their website and educate him on them. He might as well been working at The Gap for all the golf knowledge he possessed.

I have to drive all the way across town to find a decent store (PGA SS) but thankfully I have that option. It must really suck to live somewhere with no golf stores.

Yeah it's totally hit or miss. The guys at our local place mostly know what they're talking about, but they have a tendency to just straight up ignore you if there are more than 3 people in the store. Also, one or two of the guys will make it pretty clear when you're hitting different stuff and pondering that he wants you to s$%& or get off the pot, which can be annoying. Fortunately I don't give a rat's a$$ what he thinks and will spend all the time I want hehe :mad-tongue:

Yep, it's pretty much extortion. Golf store says they will give you one for a buck, but since I've bought some stuff and a few lessons they usually just let me have them for free.

Else I start scavenging people's recycling hahaha

I know a guy who can get you any size you need :)

I wish I knew that guy when I was shipping a staff bag to that same guy..haha

Good luck with it, man.

That was quick.. Quick call to my attorney's office and an email from the insurance agent office about 20 minutes later stating that the policy was canceled and a refund will be going out in the next week.

This just turned into a HHJJ.

Thanks guys!!

I know a guy who can get you any size you need :)

haha, thanks dude, normally I have some on hand, but with this many clubs being sent in I needed a big dog one time and I paid the price.

now I dont have much left to get rid of :(

Thats brutal man, hopefully relief on the way with warmer temps coming

It was brutal ate linner at 3 and that's cause the other truck took our mutail aide call and then dinner about 830.

I didn't sleep for a darn last night cause I kept waiting for the next call, thankfully that didn't come. It's been calm today but sitting in a brutal all day class on a POS truck we just got.

Today at work, I am completely frustrated/annoyed while being bored out of my mind at the same time. Not sure how to shake this feeling.

Ennui.

Had a shot the other day off of dried out ground and my hand is still throbbing. All of the knuckles are black/purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back