Most Disappointing Clubs Released the Past Few Years

i really wanted to love my xhot hybrid, but i just couldn't stand it. ended up giving to a friend who fell in love with it. also, that sound from the rbz's... ugh...

The original R-11 driver was just horrible for me. I thought I was trading up from my R9 460, but went the opposite way.

Funny thing is that was the best stock driver/shaft combo I've ever hit. I'd love to get my hands on a mint 10.5° left handed one.

All of the Rocketballz Stage 2 stuff was garbage in my opinion. I was seriously dissapointed considering how much I loved the original RBZ fairways and driver.

The Mizuno JPX 825 Driver. Not a ton of hype on it so maybe it is under the radar a bit. But it looked so good and just performed so bad for me at a demo day I was at this past April.

I didn't try that many clubs last year. However the ones that I did and did not like were:

RBZ Driver and Fairway woods - hated the feel and sound on contact

I'm a Callaway guy, but the X24 Hot irons were a disappointment for me. I wanted to like them because they looked soooo good, but that doesn't always equate to being a good product. They didn't feel right at all off the face, distance on solid contact was less than my 10 year old MP33's.

I was dissapointed with the RBZ Stage 2 stuff, the R1, and the Optiforce. None of them worked for my swing and I was excited about all of them going into the testing bay.

Nike VR Pro Combo Forged- no clue why they dropped the MB from the 8-PW as it was in the original VR Pros
TM R1- head just felt incredibly heavy to me
Bridgestone J40 DPC's- the look at address just never worked for me over time
Cleveland XL Custom- very poor feel and not very accurate for me compared to other drivers side by side

You really need to have a smooth swing with that stick shaft. Every time I tried to put some muscle into it the ball just sliced a greater distantce than it went straight.

Yup, it just confirmed that experience and my fitting at the #grandaddy just confirmed that I do not get along with Project X shafts at all.

Nike Covert driver, I so wanted to love it but in the end it was just a disappointment.

You're not alone, my friend. Not by a long shot.

Taylor Made R1. God it is awful.
Ping I-20. Was very underwhelming.
The MP-54's were perfect except for the launch angle and distance. I wanted to see a little more out of them.

With the little equipment I gamed this past year, I was not too fond of the Nike VR-S. I have a 5W and 5H and realy hated getting into situations where I needed to pull them. I was never comfortable with them and they were very heavy compared to the other woods and hybrids I have. Granted, when you hit the sweet spot the ball will fly, but overall, not my cup of tea.

Covert driver. So much hype on that one and it fell absolutely flat IMO when it came to performance.

Ping Anser driver. Like many others, I wanted to love it. I really did. The sound and launch did not work for me, no matter the shaft or loft it seemed.

Taylor Made R1. God it is awful.
Ping I-20. Was very underwhelming.
The MP-54's were perfect except for the launch angle and distance. I wanted to see a little more out of them.

I second this.

I see your playing a R1 so it cant be that bad,

That's because I'm waiting to replace it. I truly hate the thing. Sound, feel, balance, consistency they are all off. My game off the tee has never been this bad.

SLDR driver. It took a total of three swings to know that it just wasn't the driver for me.

Altitude 6 iron. Just...can't...hit it...straight.

Scor wedges. Loved them around the greens, hated them all summer for full shots. By the time I figured them out, I had replaced my irons and the gaps no longer worked.

RBZ 3 Wood, Scratch Wedges, AP2 (712).. These are the ones I actually tried to game and just didn't click with them

I too found the RBZ (Tour) goes right. Stupid me, I bought the Stage 2 to replace my original and still cannot hit it straight. And it is still in my bag...
Callaway X Hot driver was impossible for me to hit straight - all snap hooks. Too lite for me I think.
Love the G20, dislike the I20 and the Anser, not fond of the the G25.

The Ping Anser driver was a major disappointment to me. Loved it in the store range then took it out to hit off grass and it was just a dead piece of metal.

The Nike Covert Hybrids I really wanted to like. REALLY wanted to like them. But they were just a disaster in my hands.

And honestly, thought it's not a popular opinion on here I know, I really disliked everything Calloway did last year. I hit all of their clubs at one point or another and didn't like the feel of a single one. That was a huge disappointment. I do have hope for Nike and Calloway for the new year though!

Have to say the R-11. I got caught up in the hype with white head driver and really wanted to love this club so much. It was disappointing and it just didn't feel like the right driver for me.

Covert driver. Tried it a couple times on the course and it did not impress me at all.

Back