New Mizuno MP-630 Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Mizuno is releasing this new driver at the PGA Show next week. Two weights in the back of the sole can each be slid into nine different positions offering golfers a combination of 45 different options from heel to toe to change flight and trajectory. The driver will also be available without the weight option as well.

768312388_rr57M-L-1.jpg

768312383_qgjYU-L-1.jpg

I like the way the driver and the 3W look but the hybrid is just rubbing me the wrong way. Kind of like the Cleveland drivers with the divot in the top.

• Admin
My biggest question is how many freaking color schemes does Mizuno have at this point? Blue and White, Black and Yellow, now add some red.

I'm just glad they came out with some new looking metalwoods. I've always thought their offerings were subpar from the performance and looks standpoint. A shame considering their irons are excellent.

JB, these did not make the shoot-out but, THP will do a review?

• Admin
Yes we will do a review on them. They were not done and ready in time for the shoot out.

The weighting track is intriguing. I'll be interested in how that works in the THP review.

This is a pretty solid looking driver- Mizuno has been somewhat under rated in the driver category in my opinion. I am very interested to see how it performs for the review!

wow nice looking sticks. I won't be buying any but their sharp looking.

Hola

Hola

Nice looking clubs

So by changing the weight locations on the back, u can change the launch angle?

I recently hit a Mizuno Mp-600 driver fit w/ a Fuji e360 R shaft. I hafta say that it had the most distance outta any driver I have hit, I was also relatively straight even with the weights being set to neutral. I plan on going in again on a day I have more time.

Plus with a price of 129.99, you cant go wrong.

Liked the MP-600. Not so much the 700
How does this compare?

I like this color scheme and the looks of all 3, but My God, how closed is the face angle on that driver, YIKES!

I like this color scheme and the looks of all 3, but My God, how closed is the face angle on that driver, YIKES!

I think that face angle is just the way the camera took the picture.

Honestly, what is Mizuno thinking with the pricing of the MP-630? I just got a new Edwin Watts catalog and they want $499 for this club. Has Mizuno been paying attention to the golf world at all lately? This isn't Japan. A Mizuno driver has and will NEVER command a price that high in the U.S. They just don't have the market presence. This isn't a knock on their products because they are good, but Mizuno drivers are always collecting dust at every golf shop I've ever seen (that actually carries them) and they never move until they are deeply discounted. Not a smart move on their part IMO. :confused2:

They'll clean up from the suckers who will jump on it right away then in 6 months you'll be able to get one for $100.

Nice looking club but there's no way I'm paying $499 for it.

Nice looking club but there's no way I'm paying $499 for it.

You could wait 5 months and that price will by 300-350 less i bet

Back