Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions or preferences for simple external hard drives? I'm looking for something a bit more portable than a tower like HD. Probably 500GB-1T.

I have 2 LaCie brand 500 gig hard drives. Haven't had any issues with either one. They are a few years old and I have had zero issues.

I have 2 LaCie brand 500 gig hard drives. Haven't had any issues with either one. They are a few years old and I have had zero issues.

Bought the LaCie Porsche Design 1T a couple weeks back. Perfect portable drive, super easy to install and use. Would highly recommend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll likely stay with the Apple because I'll likely know how to use it. I didn't know there was a 5s out. Thanks

Functionally the 5s and 5c are virtually identical. If you're like me and your phone is always in a case then the color and case material don't matter so you can save a buck and get a 5c. I wouldn't go with the 4s. It's days are numbered, it is inferior and the cost delta with the 5c is minimal. So go for me of the 5s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am trying to get into an old laptop (windows vista) and I forgot the password. Does anyone know how to get into it?

Looking for a Tri-Pod to use for my camera while at winter golf school, as well as on the course or at the range. Any suggestions?

Is an octopus like tri-pod more practical than a regular/traditional one?

Looking for a Tri-Pod to use for my camera while at winter golf school, as well as on the course or at the range. Any suggestions?

Is an octopus like tri-pod more practical than a regular/traditional one?

What size camera?

What size camera?

Looking to use it for my Galaxy S3 Phone, or my Kodak Play Sport camera. Both are about the same size, the kodak has the proper attachment for a tri-pod, the S3 would need a cradle.

So I am in the process of finishing the basement and will be looking to purchase a new TV within the next few weeks. I know there are several of you out there that are into your gadgets...so looking for some recommendations.

Size: 60 - 70 inch
Price: $$

The area the main TV will be going in will have the viewing area situated roughly 15-18 from TV if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

So I am in the process of finishing the basement and will be looking to purchase a new TV within the next few weeks. I know there are several of you out there that are into your gadgets...so looking for some recommendations...

This one:
http://m.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LA7400-led-tv

I'm very impressed with this TV, the Smart implements action, the remote. It can be found for very good prices if you shop enough.

Plasma still the best picture IMO, but this is a very nice TV at a good price point.

Have fun shopping. Understand that all TVs are in demo mode at the store with brightness and color saturation up. So vet your impressions with quality reviews.

Not really a ponder, but i just received my chromecast. excited to watch some tv tonight!

Looking to use it for my Galaxy S3 Phone, or my Kodak Play Sport camera. Both are about the same size, the kodak has the proper attachment for a tri-pod, the S3 would need a cradle.

For that I'd go with a gorilla pod or similar for the versatility.

Had to go buy a new laptop today. Ended up going with a Toshiba 12gb DDR3 Intel I7 3630 QM Quad Core with a TB HD and 256mb SSD. Got in on clearance for only $700.00

I've really been pondering a Surface Pro hard for about 2 months......

I need a new laptop to work on homework and surf the internet, but the Surface Pro has caught my eye. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a tablet that has that high of a price, although I know it's more than just a tablet.

The surface pro is NICE. If it was available with win7 of some kind, I would pick it up.

I need a new laptop to work on homework and surf the internet, but the Surface Pro has caught my eye. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a tablet that has that high of a price, although I know it's more than just a tablet.

I liked the Surface, but for what I wanted it to be, I would have needed the Surface Pro. However, the price tag doesnt match the specs of what a laptop of the same cost would. So, it was just a no go for me.

I liked the Surface, but for what I wanted it to be, I would have needed the Surface Pro. However, the price tag doesnt match the specs of what a laptop of the same cost would. So, it was just a no go for me.

how are things still going with the G Pad? In the back of my mind I'm still debating the GPE. Does it make you miss your iPad?

And that's exactly why I haven't pulled the trigger.

how are things still going with the G Pad? In the back of my mind I'm still debating the GPE. Does it make you miss your iPad?
Dont miss the iPad at all dude. Having an SD card is nice, especially having multiple SD cards with different files/videos etc on it.

I have been really impressed with the G Pad so far. The LG features are quite nice as well, especially the Q Pair that transfers data via bluetooth from phone to tablet and what not. Plus, the screen is overly impressive.

Dont miss the iPad at all dude. Having an SD card is nice, especially having multiple SD cards with different files/videos etc on it.

I have been really impressed with the G Pad so far. The LG features are quite nice as well, especially the Q Pair that transfers data via bluetooth from phone to tablet and what not. Plus, the screen is overly impressive.

I was going to ask you about the screen. I'm in love with the screen quality on the HDX. I seem to be able to get any apps that I need on it. Some things I can't get to work on it are google videos, the google drive app(but I still have access through a file manager so not a big deal), and a few other things. Love the battery life too. Working to find a good note taking app

One thing I really don't like is the notifications. They just number up in the top left corner. Doesn't tell you what it is, just shows you a number until you pull down on the top bar.

Heading to best buy at lunch to check out tvs...not set on one in particular yet but I have to get one here soon

This is how I felt. Fun to play with but way too expensive for what it does and the Pro cannot match a true laptop for functionality but is just as or more expensive.

I was going to ask you about the screen. I'm in love with the screen quality on the HDX. I seem to be able to get any apps that I need on it. Some things I can't get to work on it are google videos, the google drive app(but I still have access through a file manager so not a big deal), and a few other things. Love the battery life too. Working to find a good note taking app

One thing I really don't like is the notifications. They just number up in the top left corner. Doesn't tell you what it is, just shows you a number until you pull down on the top bar.
Yeah dude, the screen is fantastic. Battery life is incredible, and I love the form factor.

Cant really find a fault with it, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back