PUMA Golf Signs Will MacKenzie

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Today, COBRA PUMA GOLF announced the signing of its newest team member, Will MacKenzie. A professional American golfer since 2000, the two-time Tour winner MacKenzie, will join COBRA PUMA GOLF’s team of professional golfers and global brand ambassadors while representing PUMA Golf’s new and most sophisticated apparel line, Sport Lux.

“Willy Mac is a great fit for COBRA PUMA GOLF,” said Bob Philion, president of COBRA PUMA GOLF. “He is a proven Tour winner and has a style and swagger that sets him apart. We are thrilled to be adding him to our Tour team.”

MacKenzie will kick off the year at the Sony Open on Jan. 9, playing in Sport Lux apparel, footwear and accessories. Available in stores Feb. 1, the line is a category of PUMA Golf’s 2014 apparel, featuring clean lines, subtle patterns and tasteful color choices for today’s savvy and style conscious golfer with a cognizance for the finer things. The Sport Lux range is engineered with the most premium fabrics and attention to detail for maximum performance, comfort and wearability of a luxury brand helping golfers to, “Look better. Feel better. Play better.” As the face of Sport Lux, MacKenzie will be an integral part of the apparel line’s marketing campaign, featured in print, online and social ads as well as seen on in-store signage.

“I’ve always been a fan of the unique style and top-notch performance that COBRA PUMA GOLF brings to the game of golf,” explained MacKenzie. “Joining the team will provide me with the opportunity to play my best as a professional golfer and create my own unique style on the course. From a PUMA Golf perspective, the new gear is fresh and I love the style of the Sport Lux apparel and footwear because it not only looks good, but performs even better.”

Since turning pro, MacKenzie has secured two professional wins—the 2006 Reno-Tahoe Open and the 2008 Viking Classic. In addition, he has earned 11 Top 10 finishes and 25 Top 25 finishes.

Nice signing, Will is a pretty hip guy so hoping he has success on tour while wearing puma!

What is the sports lux line? Have not heard of it

I think that's a great pickup for Puma. I saw this tweet/pic a while back and was totally oblivious!

Another never heard of for me. Did a little searching and I see he is 315th in the world.

• Admin
Another never heard of for me. Did a little searching and I see he is 315th in the world.

Not always about the rankings. He is definitely a guy with spark and spends time with the fans. He is on the rise. Its a good signing.

he has a great personality for Cobra Puma Golf

Not always about the rankings. He is definitely a guy with spark and spends time with the fans. He is on the rise. Its a good signing.

And this describes Puma to a T in my opinion. I like it.

Fun guy, should fit well with the profile they have going with Blixt and Fowler. Has game, but not sure golf has always been his number one focus.

I love the staff bag!

PUMA Golf’s new and most sophisticated apparel line, Sport Lux.

This is the part that stands out to me. Can't wait to see what this is all about.

Last edited:
Never heard of him either but going by the kind of people CPG have been signing, they must see something in him.

Great pickup for Cobra!!

Love this signing for Puma and Will. Will is such an awesome guy with a great personality and will fit in the Puma family quite well. He is a player on the rise as JB mentioned earlier

KG

Just Tapping Away

From what I've read, he is very fan friendly. Spends time with the fans instead of shaking a few hands, sign 1 or 2, then leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back