The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into local golf store, make arrangements to use their hitting bay/monitor for next week. Salesman asks what irons I want to compare, I say Amp Cell, Nike Coverts, my current Burner 2.0, and the incoming Bio Cell.

He says "Yeah, those are all in the same spectrum, you wouldn't want to compare those to say the Callaway Apex's. Too hard to hit for someone like you. Those are for someone who has a lower handicap, like in the under 10 range." Hmmmm last I checked my handicap was in the 9's, but I also know handicap shouldn't eliminate clubs without trying them.

Funny that they automatically eliminate the $1299 iron set on the shelf, to try and sell a set that is $399 or $499. Really really puts emphasis on the need for a good fitter here.

Just gotta laugh about it...

Completely ignored the TaylorMade and Callaway offerings, and really doesn't think the Cobra are something I should look at (eventhough it is expressly what I want to compare to), really only touting the Nike Covert irons... just shaking my head.

Go into local golf store, make arrangements to use their hitting bay/monitor for next week. Salesman asks what irons I want to compare, I say Amp Cell, Nike Coverts, my current Burner 2.0, and the incoming Bio Cell.

He says "Yeah, those are all in the same spectrum, you wouldn't want to compare those to say the Callaway Apex's. Too hard to hit for someone like you. Those are for someone who has a lower handicap, like in the under 10 range." Hmmmm last I checked my handicap was in the 9's, but I also know handicap shouldn't eliminate clubs without trying them.

Funny that they automatically eliminate the $1299 iron set on the shelf, to try and sell a set that is $399 or $499. Really really puts emphasis on the need for a good fitter here.

Time to find a new shop

I was trying to check the weather for the next 10 days and weather.com keeps putting the temps in Celsius!

Multiply timed pi to get Fahrenheit

I was trying to check the weather for the next 10 days and weather.com keeps putting the temps in Celsius!
Haha multiply by 1.8 and add 32. Yay school in canadia

tap tap taparoo

I would just look for the button that changes it back to Fahrenheit... but thats just my laziness, and poor maths.

I would just look for the button that changes it back to Fahrenheit... but thats just my laziness, and poor maths.

If there was a button, I would have pushed it. I looked, couldn't find anything, and it was only doing it for one city, which made it even weirder. It's working now though, so strange!

Apparently Southwest travel funds have an expiration date. Awesome.

Similar thing happened to me when I went into my local Golfsmith to pick up a White Tie they were putting an AMP Cell adapter on. The guy gives it to me & proceeds to ask what my swing speed is. I found it odd, but told him once I am warmed up it's 91-95. He immediately told me I made the wrong decision and that shaft would not fit me. I politely told him that is why if you read the shaft is says "R" for flex. I tipped it 1/2" to get it to play closer to firm, but not too stiff. He told me i ruined the shaft by doing that and wanted to start in on how I changed the shaft properties.......yada yada yada.....In the nicest way I could I told him he could go pound sand and took off to the hitting bay. About 15 minutes later he walks by and looks at the numbers, I ask him 'Does it look like too much shaft for me now?' He said nothing and just walked away.

Similar thing happened to me when I went into my local Golfsmith to pick up a White Tie they were putting an AMP Cell adapter on. The guy gives it to me & proceeds to ask what my swing speed is. I found it odd, but told him once I am warmed up it's 91-95. He immediately told me I made the wrong decision and that shaft would not fit me. I politely told him that is why if you read the shaft is says "R" for flex. I tipped it 1/2" to get it to play closer to firm, but not too stiff. He told me i ruined the shaft by doing that and wanted to start in on how I changed the shaft properties.......yada yada yada.....In the nicest way I could I told him he could go pound sand and took off to the hitting bay. About 15 minutes later he walks by and looks at the numbers, I ask him 'Does it look like too much shaft for me now?' He said nothing and just walked away.

I just don't get the attitudes from some of the salespeople. I am here to spend money, not to be talked out of spending money. I stopped even asking questions when certain people are working, I would usually just get an "are you going to buy that" response. Today was super annoying because it was the manager of the department.

I get that you think you have more game, and think you know more about golf gear than the average consumer. And this could be true. But you can't just assume that you do, nor should you let that influence how you react with people.

Sale guys = internet golfers without computers (or knowledge in many cases).

Sump pump went kaput and downspout fell off the house today. Wooooooo!

Sour mood today. gum gaft has bothered me all week, and I can't take the putty out (supposed to take it out yesterday) without getting queezy and wanting to faint which means I haven't ate crap all week and have been hungry for 3 days. Our system at work is broken right now and its resulting in tension with the boss, piled on top of a few other things that have happened at work lately. Internet has been slow and I have a major headache. I literally may just leave around 2 today and say eff it. All this has left me no time for the alst 2 MC entry spots. I didn't want to throw something in that was junk just to throw it in.

You should have submitted the crummy MC stuff anyway. That hasn't stopped me yet!

Hope your mouth gets better brochacho.

The guys at GolfTown literally steer you away from the Callaway aisle. "You don't want that club, it's junk." It's brutal and made worse since they are such homers for the brands they do like.

Had a real good quote come in today. She contacted me, and is with a company who we have been beating by a lot the last couple of years. Home and autos, and the house is a $350,000 home. Would be a nice commission.

She says her and her husbands driving records are good, no tickets, no accidents. She neglected to tell me she never renewed her license last March and that her husband had an at fault wreck six months ago! The drivers license is an easy fix, all she has to do is go get it and she will be fine. But her husbands wreck killed us. I guess her current company forgave it since they have been with them since 1992.

It happens a lot. Why do people think their stuff isn't going to show up? No sense in hiding it, all the insurance companies share with each other, and they all hit your motor vehicle records!

On a good note, their son, as long as he isn't a speed demon with a bunch of tickets, will be a couple hundered bucks cheaper for his townhouse and his car than he is for just his car on his policy.

A couple buddies had a pretty good day fishing....

For those who haven't had fresh walleye.....YUM!

yhy6e6av.jpg

butequru.jpg

Had a real good quote come in today. She contacted me, and is with a company who we have been beating by a lot the last couple of years. Home and autos, and the house is a $350,000 home. Would be a nice commission.

She says her and her husbands driving records are good, no tickets, no accidents. She neglected to tell me she never renewed her license last March and that her husband had an at fault wreck six months ago! The drivers license is an easy fix, all she has to do is go get it and she will be fine. But her husbands wreck killed us. I guess her current company forgave it since they have been with them since 1992.

It happens a lot. Why do people think their stuff isn't going to show up? No sense in hiding it, all the insurance companies share with each other, and they all hit your motor vehicle records!

On a good note, their son, as long as he isn't a speed demon with a bunch of tickets, will be a couple hundered bucks cheaper for his townhouse and his car than he is for just his car on his policy.

Happens to me all the time when I am quoting someone. When I bring it up the response is, "oh yea, I forgot about that."

CJ those fish look frozen! Walleye is delicious but this is the rant thread...

Love Walleye! Whenever I was in Minneapolis, I would eat it twice a day. Learned to eat Bleu Cheese Dressing on my onion rings up that way too!

JM

The rant is I should have been there, I showed them that spot!

I knew exactly what your rant was. Maybe it was the 33 years I spent growing up fishing on the St. Croix River and hundreds of other lakes in MN/WI. I miss the fishing and especially the Walleye - California sucks for fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back