meanie

Reaction score
Handicap
dear golf jesus, please do away with this nasty crap you call winter. we do not need this punishment.......

that is all. good day.

Agreed. Its like 58* here today and just not fun. I kid I kid.
That is why THP Events are out there. Travel to play golf at wonderful places, get wonderful equipment and spend time meeting others that love the game.

I hear ya man. Im dying to get out and play 18. Thankfully I got a birdieball putting green and can make it to a heated driving range. JB needs to open a Winter Frat House down there.
dear golf jesus, please do away with this nasty crap you call winter. we do not need this punishment.......

that is all. good day.

Agreed. Its like 58* here today and just not fun. I kid I kid.
That is why THP Events are out there. Travel to play golf at wonderful places, get wonderful equipment and spend time meeting others that love the game.

It was quite nice calling the family from FL during the gauntlet to find out it was cold and raining there and the weather in FL was perfect(as usual)

I hear ya man. Im dying to get out and play 18. Thankfully I got a birdieball putting green and can make it to a heated driving range. JB needs to open a Winter Frat House down there.
i have been hitting the heated range a few times this winter and its ok. just ok. hitting white balls against white ground with white clouds raining down white stuff is..............whats the word i'm looking for?

I would gladly kick old man winter squa in the nuts if I could.

I would gladly kick old man winter squa in the nuts if I could.

in fall i know winter is coming and as much as i don't want to, i accept it and move on. about this time of year i start gettin real sqirmy and antsy. i hate winter. i hate winter more than i hate nickelback......please let spring come early.

i took out a light bulb in the garage monday night practicing my swing.
as much as i hate the winter i hated the water bans we got in american fork last summer

i took out a light bulb in the garage monday night practicing my swing.
as much as i hate the winter i hated the water bans we got in american fork last summer

i know, i know, we need it. our reservoirs are the 2nd lowest they have ever been or something like that.....but why can't the snow stay in the mountains? snow in the valley does us no good. it just ruins half the year. yes, i'm whining, but damn! i have spring fever.

So true, this winter has been particularly bad for me...I picked the game back up this summer after not having played for 15 or so years. I recaught the golf bug real hard and its KILLING me not being able to keep playing regularly. Fortunately we've had a very mild winter so I've been able to get out here and there but it's just not the same. The worst part is getting those GAP revision emails every other week...I feel as if the golf gods are mocking me and that I'm stuck in purgatory until the warm weather returns.

Here in KS it was in the 60s last weekend (supposed to get up there this weekend too). But it's NFL playoff time so I have to scramble to get a round in...

I've got a definite case of the winter golf withdrawals! A few courses around have simulators, and there are a couple heated ranges around, but getting times at either are challenging. To make things worse Mother Nature has blessed us with a few 50* days in a row, melting nearly all the snow, but promised more white stuff and temps in the teens next week.... Come on spring!

Not a fan of winter, no doubt about that. It's been nice here recently, as Shook said, but I haven't been able to get out of the house do to at least me or ONE of my family being sick lately. Probably not this weekend either, as it's the wife's B-Day, so no golf for me then either.

+1 - Ugh can't wait till March.

i know, i know, we need it. our reservoirs are the 2nd lowest they have ever been or something like that.....but why can't the snow stay in the mountains? snow in the valley does us no good. it just ruins half the year. yes, i'm whining, but damn! i have spring fever.

can we get in a word to the golf gods for the daylight savings to change sooner...... we were getting to the course after work for a hole or two after a bucket of balls then daylight savings hit and bam pitch black before leaving work

Winter does suck. Every year I get older, the more I hate it. We had 13 inches of snow, 35 mph winds with a windchill of 45 degrees below zero for two days a week ago. 4 days later it was mid 40's and raining. Now it is back to the 20's and light snow. April is a long way off......

As you can probably tell by my forum name...I heartily disagree haha. The ideal is to move someplace where the winter is mild so you can still golf but you have access to mountains/snow (California/Pacific Northwest for example). It's much like that here, but the skiing was so much better in SLC when I lived there that it almost makes me want to be back, bitter cold notwithstanding.

[h=2]Winter sucks!!!![/h]

I tend to agree with you - and I had the good fortune to live in FL for 10 years and then moved back here, GRRRRR!
Headin' south for spring training though and can't wait.

Another vote for the NW and mild winters. The courses can get soggy, but least they are not frozen. Of course a short drive of an hour or two you can play in the frozen tundra.

can we get in a word to the golf gods for the daylight savings to change sooner...... we were getting to the course after work for a hole or two after a bucket of balls then daylight savings hit and bam pitch black before leaving work
that is an excellent point. I went from playing 18 after work to barely getting in a bucket unless I get out to the lighted range. daylight savings is part of the reason winter is so depressing.

As you can probably tell by my forum name...I heartily disagree haha. The ideal is to move someplace where the winter is mild so you can still golf but you have access to mountains/snow (California/Pacific Northwest for example). It's much like that here, but the skiing was so much better in SLC when I lived there that it almost makes me want to be back, bitter cold notwithstanding.

I lived in vegas for two and a half years. I hated every second of it so I moved back to SLC. then I remembered I hate winter. then I also remembered golfing in January and February in vegas. then I hated being back in SLC. seems like maybe I hate things too much...............its tough, what do I hate more? winter or living in vegas? flip a coin...

I lived in vegas for two and a half years. I hated every second of it so I moved back to SLC. then I remembered I hate winter. then I also remembered golfing in January and February in vegas. then I hated being back in SLC. seems like maybe I hate things too much...............its tough, what do I hate more? winter or living in vegas? flip a coin...

Haha yeah, you're tough to please! All in what you can tolerate I suppose. I bet living in Vegas was super hectic, I wouldn't be into that either.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I just shoveled the drive again!!

A little over two months of winter to go... It's going to be a serious grind this year since we had so much early snow and cold temps.

The thing that is killing us here at the moment is the rain, it's not even cold. It just hammers down every day and has done so for weeks. Every time I've played recently it's been a mud bath. I know it could be worse and some of you guys are done for the next month or two but it still sucks!

Back