NHL 2013-2014 Season

Bam Caps get a gift of a Shorty and then get a PP. Really would like to see them get another one here.

I agree Braddman. Though they did up the goaltending, the main problem is still on the blueline. Until they improve in that area, they'll still be a bottom 3 team in the West.

I like the idea of Hendricks as well, just not at the salary that they have now committed to him. Grinder and a character guy, which is something the Oil desperately need.

Hopefully Scrivens flourishes with being reunited with is AHL coach. 3rd rounder for a UFA goalie is a tad steep in my eyes though.

Loved Hendricks when he was in DC great character guy and awesome for the locker room. Was sorry to see him go

This will certainly get you to chuckle!
0_be39e_dc3c9b77_L.gif

Hahahahahaha that is classic !

Bam Caps get a gift of a Shorty and then get a PP. Really would like to see them get another one here.

I don't care what the Pens organization thinks Letang is as a defensman, he's proven a liability in their own end. Engles is not the one who should be switching between forward and D, they should move Letang to the wing and dress Despres.

In the end, the 19yr old made to great plays and won the game for us. lol

NHL 2013-2014 Season

Dang. Quite a Ducks game. Can't recall the last time a team put up 9. This next stretch is big, with Chicago, St. Louis, and LA a couple times. Regardless of the recent success, those are three very tough teams.

Dang. Quite a Ducks game. Can't recall the last time a team put up 9. This next stretch is big, with Chicago, St. Louis, and LA a couple times. Regardless of the recent success, those are three very tough teams.

The Ducks are sneaky and scary good. No regulation losses at home and were more than half over in the season.

Best part about that game is that Anderson was the starter and he still put in the work in especially in the first and ended with 31 saves, if he didn't I think it would have been a different game... PS perry is a monster

So the Sabres have been out of playoff contention since the first month. What does everyone think Tim Murray will do with Miller, Moulson and Ott? See any good fits for them heading into the trade deadline.

So the Sabres have been out of playoff contention since the first month. What does everyone think Tim Murray will do with Miller, Moulson and Ott? See any good fits for them heading into the trade deadline.

Miller goes, Moulson stays and resigns, and Ott stays because no one else wants him with that contract :alien:.

I know this isnt really NHL related but this excites me. Loved the Tack series:

Miller goes, Moulson stays and resigns, and Ott stays because no one else wants him with that contract :alien:.

I guess Miller has had an offer on the table for some time. Moulson has become pretty popular here in Buffalo. Isn't OTT a UFA too?

2dcg2gx.jpg

There have been a couple of CCM guys wearing blacked out versions for about a month or two testing them in the NHL.

I guess Miller has had an offer on the table for some time. Moulson has become pretty popular here in Buffalo. Isn't OTT a UFA too?

My bad, for some reason I thought Ott had a longer contract. Think I got him mixed up with Leino.

My bad, for some reason I thought Ott had a longer contract. Think I got him mixed up with Leino.

If they don't use their last compliance buyout on Leino next year Murray is no better than Regier.

Honestly, with the quality of team that they are (ie. not that great, with some significant holes), there are a number of things I think they should do.

Give Miller a reasonable contract offer, if he declines, trade him and play Hackett / Enroth. Same with Moulson. Fair offer, trade him if he declines.

Ott should be traded no matter what. Tyler Myers I think is the same, way too much money for the production they get out of him.

Even though the owner is a billionaire, there is no reason to be paying through the nose for players on huge contracts when the production you get from those players is a substantially lower return. Some smart trades there could restock the Buffalo system for the better.

Honestly, with the quality of team that they are (ie. not that great, with some significant holes), there are a number of things I think they should do.

Give Miller a reasonable contract offer, if he declines, trade him and play Hackett / Enroth. Same with Moulson. Fair offer, trade him if he declines.

Ott should be traded no matter what. Tyler Myers I think is the same, way too much money for the production they get out of him.

Even though the owner is a billionaire, there is no reason to be paying through the nose for players on huge contracts when the production you get from those players is a substantially lower return. Some smart trades there could restock the Buffalo system for the better.

I agree. From what I've heard the contract has been there for Miller. The fact that he hasn't signed it makes me think he might be gone.
If someone makes a good offer for Moulson, take it.
Myers makes too much money but he has looked really good lately and the talent is still there. With the salary cap going up, I think I'd keep him.
Ott doesn't really do anything for me and he is going to want big money. Trade him if you can.

Nate posted a photo of the Tacks he'll be wearing tonight.

1477762_10151904831000849_1334761039_n.jpg

Moulson will be traded as a rental and resign with the Islanders. Miller well see ya can't wait to see what your new mask will look like. Ott will stay because well he's Ott.

Man the Flames are just shameful. Just so so sad to be called an NHL team.

I loved my CCM 652 Super Tacks.

Ducks @ Hawks. What are you doing on a Friday night?

It would seem the only game I will see tonight is a Raptors/Twolves game... sadly no hockey on the sched that I get.

Back