100 Best Companies to Work For

My employer used to be on the list, but, apparently, it costs a fairly large chunk of change to go through the "testing" process to make the list, so they quit submitting themselves. They haven't been on the list now for about 8 years.

Huh, I wonder what sets these companies apart from others? Not that I work for one company through the course of a year (last year I worked for 7) but I'm just curious what makes a place a top 100 place to work.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I want nothing more than to work for google some day.

M&M Day? On-site Medical? Holy!

I work for a company that is part of a multi-billion dollar company.... we can't even get a decent health plan that covers eye-appointments. BRUTAL!

Who would have ever though that $80 towards eye glasses is more beneficial than $80 towards the cost of an optometric appointment? Eye appointments cost $115 here, which would usually have most of it covered. Instead now I get to pay for an appointment, and then can't recoup the money for glasses because I order mine from China on the cheap!

M&M Day? On-site Medical? Holy!

I work for a company that is part of a multi-billion dollar company.... we can't even get a decent health plan that covers eye-appointments. BRUTAL!

Who would have ever though that $80 towards eye glasses is more beneficial than $80 towards the cost of an optometric appointment? Eye appointments cost $115 here, which would usually have most of it covered. Instead now I get to pay for an appointment, and then can't recoup the money for glasses because I order mine from China on the cheap!

Maybe it has something to do with your free healthcare up there. Companies don't have a whole healthcare package so they have to buy them ala carte. Making things more expensive. I am just guessing and maybe I am way off and the company is just cheap, lol.

My company is definitely NOT on the list haha.

Yep, if I workout at the office I tend to go during my lunch hour. It usually is pretty crowded before and after work, so for the most part I workout at my apartment complex, but it is very nice to have it on campus for sure. Also, pack my lunch most every day, but our cafeteria does a "stoplight" system where each meal choice is given a green yellow or red depending on nutritional value which I find very helpful

Sounds like I may need to switch areas of healthcare. We do have a gym at work, but you have to fit in around all the physical thearpy patients who deserve preference over the employee.

Sounds like I may need to switch areas of healthcare. We do have a gym at work, but you have to fit in around all the physical thearpy patients who deserve preference over the employee.

I can tell you we are hiring steady at about 1000 people a year haha

I can tell you we are hiring steady at about 1000 people a year haha

Trust me I have looked at it, but it could be at best probably a lateral move, and I don't want to travel that much.

My company is on there. But I wouldn't call them a good employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised Fed Ex or UPS is not on the list

I am a supervisor at UPS. There is a reason why it's not on the list.

I was a Part Time Supervisor in college, during college years it was a great job.

I am a supervisor at UPS. There is a reason why it's not on the list.

Terrible list. THP isn't on there. That's the stuff of traveshamockeries.

If THP isnt on the list its a bogus list!

I was a Part Time Supervisor in college, during college years it was a great job.

You must have had an awesome hub manager. Every time our hub starts some sort of give-back program or recognition (free dinner, jackets, shirts, etc...) it fizzles out after a couple weeks.

The hub manager in KC was excellent back then, plus we had the golf tournament at Alvamar every year which was sweet. Of course the reason it was great was I was in school, only worked 25 hours a week and made more money than my room mates that worked 40 hours. But long term I am sure I would feel the same as you do now

You must have had an awesome hub manager. Every time our hub starts some sort of give-back program or recognition (free dinner, jackets, shirts, etc...) it fizzles out after a couple weeks.

I want nothing more than to work for google some day.

If my current line of vocation doesnt pan out and I go back to the IT world I will be pushing to work for Google. I really like the way they treat their employees

My company is not on the list and I'm not surprised.

My buddy just got a job at Kimley-Horn in Denver. Heard great things about them and now its justified...It looks like they are the only large scale Engineering Firm on there. My employer is less than 100 people, so there is no way it would be on the list.

Obviously mine is not on there, nor did I expect it to be, but I work for some great people with a family ran 50+ year business. They have treated me right from day one, and I have no reason to leave. I could use a few more weekends off, but couldn't we all?

Nope my company Caterpillar did not make the list. Figured maybe it would with all the employees we got. But I guess with the recent layoffs and with the mining market not doing good you won't see growth or happy employees.

Yea, not a big surprise we didn't make it... although I'm probably not the best person to ask right now... :confused2:

My company is not on the list and I am not at all surprised. Also not surprised that there are very few retailers on there. Tough business once you get out of the corporate office environment!

Yea, not a big surprise we didn't make it... although I'm probably not the best person to ask right now... :confused2:

I was thinking of you when I was writing my post. When you get worked like you do over there doesn't make a nice picture of the company.

I was thinking of you when I was writing my post. When you get worked like you do over there doesn't make a nice picture of the company.

I need to cross the river to the promise land like yourself

Back