What sight line system do you prefer on a putter?

What sight line system do you prefer on a putter?

• none: I like going commando - It's how Old Tom did it

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • single dot on top

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • single line on top

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • single line on back

• single line - top and back

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • double lines

• two circles (Odyssey Two Ball)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • two squares (i.e., Cleveland Smart Square)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • combination (i.e., TM Ghost Tour, etc.)

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
I like the single sight line on the flange, although the Versa system is growing on me.

Don't really need any sight systems with RST and a center shaft but they still have them so I prefer a minimal single line on top.

The line I find the most helpful is on my Seemore FGP Mallet, it has a single line on the top and parallel lines on the flange.

I was a firm believer in the Versa type system until I picked up a SeeMore with RST. It is so simple to use and you have confidence when that putter locks in.

KG

Just Tapping Away

I'm partial to the long line on top of my Rife. Yeah, it's old, but so is everything else in my bag.

41-WYlMJS2L.jpg
Still one of the best putters ever.

I like the single line on my putter, and the alignment notch of a Rife putter.

The could of times I've rolled a Versa I've liked it, but haven't used it often enough to really say if it's a preferred system over what I've got now.

I like single sight line on top of a mallet, such as the SeeMore SB1 (my next putter hopefully)

DART... what should I select in the poll?
I guess that last one should say "other". Sorry - forgot about this one (and lots of others I'm sure)

I am a straightline guy, but don't mind the other's. I think I focus more when there's just a single line.

I haven't tried all the variations, but on the SeeMore line, my eye seems drawn to the single line better than their double line stuff. Not a huge difference, but I prefer the single line too.

I don't mind a single line, but after testing the Piper-C I've found I really like two lines. Feel like it helps me see the line better.

The alignment aid on my Yes Sara & on the Odyssey Marxman seems to be what pleases my eyes the best. Till I posted the pic I didn't notice the line on the top. Its the B/W line that does it for me
yde6a3am.jpg

I do like the looks of this!

Single line on top. I like it simple. I look at some of these new putters with what almost looks like racing stripes on the top and I just laugh and shake my head.

I think this number would be higher if people actually tried the smart square IMO.

On a blade style putter, I like a single sight line on top, but on a mallet, either a triple sight line or squares.

I haven't tried it. What makes it different than a double line of the same width?

not much, really... I think for me the vertical lines add a little something for speed control. Not enough to make me buy that head, although I do really like it. 400g is so nice

I haven't tried it. What makes it different than a double line of the same width?

Address. When you try it you'll know.

The two other perpendicular lines make all the difference in the world. Now you know your face is square to the target as well as the ball is centered

I think this number would be higher if people actually tried the smart square IMO.

On a blade style putter, I like a single sight line on top, but on a mallet, either a triple sight line or squares.
I've only rolled it on the carpet at Golf Galaxy, but was so blown away at the alignment of the SmartSquares, I think it'll be tough for this not to be my MC putter.

I prefer the line on the flange.

But I do actually like the alignment tool for the versa as well. Has worked pretty well for me so far.

Single line for me, as close as I can get it to the ball. I want to make a perfect connection between the line on my ball and the one on my putter. I figure is I start lined up I'm at least doing something right. Lots of other stuff for me to screw up.

I use to have no lines on any putter but I love the single white line on my current black putter. Works great for me.

I've been practicing on my Birdieball green with my FGP - and with balls that had no alignment lines (I was working primarily on the short, 4-6 footers). The short line on the top flange was good enough for lining up the putt. Today I moved back to longer distances (10-14 feet) and took the time to line up the alignment line of the ball & then line up the putter's line with that. For this, I'm thinking I'd prefer a longer line - so I added a piece of white tape the same thickness as the top line, & stuck it on the back flange. I seem to be able to line it up better with that longer line.

Single topline and dual flange lines are perfection for me.

Dots do nothing for me. Has to be lines. Really like a line behind the putter, particularly when it has rear flange or something else long behind the head to line up against so you really get 3 lines rather than 1... easier to square and shoot.

Back