The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked about lessons tonight, and looks like they are charging $30 for half an hour plus you have buy your balls at the range. I would think the balls would be included in the lessons but guess not. Anyone else have to buy range balls during your lesson?

I've never heard of that. That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Unless the teacher teaching you is just using the facility, but not employed there then maybe I could see it.

I've never heard of that. That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Unless the teacher teaching you is just using the facility, but not employed there then maybe I could see it.

When I took a group lesson there with him we never had to buy then. Say I'll find out when I go in there. Waiting for him to call me back now. Hopefully it will be soon, need to get this game of mine fixed.

Chipped and worked on some short game stuff for a bit today. Tried to work on controlling the trajectory and spin and trying to the land the ball in a very specific target area.

My time on the range was a bit more productive than yesterday. I'm still working the takeaway (which I think I've got down) and bringing my right forearm in closer to my right thigh on the downswing. That one is proving to be a bit more difficult. My armsy, over the top motion really wants to take over. I only seem to manage to do it right on about 1/2 of my swings now. But when I do I nuke the ball, sometimes 20 yards farther than I normally hit it.

Spent about 45 mins with this 5 footer. Worked on the stroke and trying to keep my head down and as still as possible.
evabaran.jpg

Asked about lessons tonight, and looks like they are charging $30 for half an hour plus you have buy your balls at the range. I would think the balls would be included in the lessons but guess not. Anyone else have to buy range balls during your lesson?

I've seen that there, and always thought it was goofy. Never seen that anywhere else either.

Yeah the kid that was working there told me that. Hopefully that's not the case when I get a lesson there.
I've seen that there, and always thought it was goofy. Never seen that anywhere else either.

Decided to take some video today at the dome. I am glad I did. My over the top move from the beginning of last season has come back. I knew everything wouldn't be perfect because I have only hit balls twice since October but its frustrating. Need to get back and get my swing from the end of the season back.

Went thru the bag for the first time in almost 3 months and the timing is a bit off but pretty happy that my left leg held up (recovering from hairline fracture). I was also pumped up to demo the new Callaway line so it was an awesome night!

Felt like a productive practice session last night. Worked on getting my lower body working and the left shoulder leading my upper body. Took me a minute to get the right feeling, but when I did I was hitting the ball better than I have in awhile. Less toe shots and less hooking action.

Continuing to work on my putting stroke. Been messing around with the putter wheel here and there. My stroke is starting to get more and more consistent. I have been using the Metal X #1 I bought rather than my SeeMore so I can focus on my alignment without relying on RST. Amazing how even without the RST how much my alignment as improved. It really does in grain certain things into you when you use it so much. Getting more and more confident with my putting, cant wait until I can actually go outdoors and see if I can apply it. Have a Dr's appt about my knee today as long as things are progressing I can hopefully go back to swinging a club towards the end of next week. Going to book another lesson at that point as well.

Good work Ricky!

How you liking the #1? I'm a #1 homer.

Do you use the line on the ball at all? That's how I handle my alignment these days and it just works for me.

Going to see if I can sneak some range time this weekend and work on getting a swing back as it was non-existent last night - plus I want to give the Classic XL a good workout and see if I have snagged myself a good bargain, or if I need to head down the dangerous road of shaft tinkering....

Managed to sneak in a small bucket at the range. Wanted to work on full wedge shots, in particular PW+SW (45* & 54*). Concentrating on hitting down at the ball and taking a divot. Consistently taking nice long divots with ball first contact..

Good work Ricky!

How you liking the #1? I'm a #1 homer.

Do you use the line on the ball at all? That's how I handle my alignment these days and it just works for me.

I absolutely love the mFGP but that shape is not really an option for me with Odyssey so its pretty much #1 or bust if I want a blade. I do like it though. Not a huge fan of the insert but ideally I will be gaming the MX Milled at the MC because from what I hear its a bit softer which suits me a bit better. But when I go for my Callaway fitting, I will try whatever they put in front of me. As for the alignment, I have been trying to use the ball line alot more. Normally when I get on a green I dont do a whole lot of alignment with the ball because I had been using RST but now that I do not have that "crutch" to fall back on, I am using the ball alignment alot more and it is indeed working.

Are there any flow necks for lefties in the Odyssey stable? Like the #6? I always thought that was a pretty easy transition as well.

Are there any flow necks for lefties in the Odyssey stable? Like the #6? I always thought that was a pretty easy transition as well.

I will check. I know in the MX Milled series, for LH it was #1 and #7, #9. Other transition for me is that everything I played for the past 2 years have been CS. Nothing in their lineup will be available in CS for LH.

EDIT: Nothing available in #6 in LH - Jailbird, Versa 90 Sabertooth, #9, #1, #7

I will check. I know in the MX Milled series, for LH it was #1 and #7, #9. Other transition for me is that everything I played for the past 2 years have been CS. Nothing in their lineup will be available in CS for LH.

Yea, take a look, even in the WHP series. I always thought it was pretty easy to move between the NC Dinero (flow neck) and the FGP2.

Yea, take a look, even in the WHP series. I always thought it was pretty easy to move between the NC Dinero (flow neck) and the FGP2.

LH in WHP series is: Havok, #1, #7, #9, 2 ball, DART and DART Mini

Yeah. No biggie. They have enough to offer where I will find something that works. More focused on my stroke. Once I have a consistent stroke, I will get a better handle on what will work best when I go for my fitting.

There you go. I'll tell you now that moving to the #1 was effortless and I started making more putts inside 7 feet. Something about the way the head is offset really worked for me visually.

There you go. I'll tell you now that moving to the #1 was effortless and I started making more putts inside 7 feet. Something about the way the head is offset really worked for me visually.

So far I have had no issues really moving to the #1. Just not a huge fan of the feel or the sound of the insert in the Metal X. I know I can get that sorted out with a different model like a WHP, Versa, or MX Milled so I am not worried.

Yea, I'm not an MX fan either. You'll find the MX Milled is much better I think. Same goes for WHP in my opinion, but I am an Odyssey insert fan.

So far I have had no issues really moving to the #1. Just not a huge fan of the feel or the sound of the insert in the Metal X. I know I can get that sorted out with a different model like a WHP, Versa, or MX Milled so I am not worried.

The Metal X Milled is so much different than the Metal X line. I really wish they would have named the milled series something else so there wouldn't be a possible name connection with the Metal X.

Ricky, just try them out. I suspect you will really like the Metal X Milled and the WHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back