Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Its legit. It truly is, I know I sound like a broken record but damn.

You are seeing what all of us saw, and hearing you talk more about it has me pumped to hit this thing again when it gets to KC

Its legit. It truly is, I know I sound like a broken record but damn.

Not a chance I wait till the Morgan cup to game one! Thanks for all the feedback

You are seeing what all of us saw, and hearing you talk more about it has me pumped to hit this thing again when it gets to KC

There's a lot of validation in my mind reading James' review/comments on the BB. We have someone in a completely different location and in different weather (and not surrounded by the "blinders" of being at the ECPC) who has the same findings on this driver.

I cannot wait until the general public gets a hold of this. The feedback will be pretty epic.

At first I was hesitant but the like feedback that has continued to come in on it just backs up what I've seen. I honestly think with a little shaft change for launch/spin and I'll be even happier with what I'm seeing.

Not a chance I wait till the Morgan cup to game one! Thanks for all the feedback

NP Trevor, I love getting to do what I do dude.

There's a lot of validation in my mind reading James' review/comments on the BB. We have someone in a completely different location and in different weather (and not surrounded by the "blinders" of being at the ECPC) who has the same findings on this driver.

I cannot wait until the general public gets a hold of this. The feedback will be pretty epic.

EXACTLY. This was my EXACT thought/take with you guys and your findings.

I am very excited to get mine with a shaft my fitter seems to think will suit my game well. I think this thing is going to be LETHAL in a ton of bags this year. Heck, watching the dudes from the Zoo Crew stripe this thing all day told me I would be in good hands when it arrived

So I will absolutely hit this with the stock shaft first, but has there been any word on whether or not you can upgrade to the ZT shaft or even the tour green from X2HP at no upcharge?

For those wondering about Matt Every's new driver is the Callaway Big Bertha set at 8* in neutral w/ weight set in fade position.

I can't wait meet Bertha again but for any of you who have been lucky enough to hit her, what are the stock grips like? I've seen no images or heard nothing about how hard, soft, or tacky they might be. I realize I can easily add a new grip for minimum cost but some makers really seem to skimp there on their stock offerings (very noticable when demoing clubs from different makers at a Dick's type retailer) and just wondered if anyone had insight on Bertha's grips. Thanks, and bigtime thanks for that excellent review!

So I will absolutely hit this with the stock shaft first, but has there been any word on whether or not you can upgrade to the ZT shaft or even the tour green from X2HP at no upcharge?

Tour Blue, Green, and ZT are no charge upgrade options.

I can't wait meet Bertha again but for any of you who have been lucky enough to hit her, what are the stock grips like? I've seen no images or heard nothing about how hard, soft, or tacky they might be. I realize I can easily add a new grip for minimum cost but some makers really seem to skimp there on their stock offerings (very noticable when demoing clubs from different makers at a Dick's type retailer) and just wondered if anyone had insight on Bertha's grips. Thanks, and bigtime thanks for that excellent review!

Stock grip is NDMC Whiteout.

For those wondering about Matt Every's new driver is the Callaway Big Bertha set at 8* in neutral w/ weight set in fade position.

Thanks for that. Not that the pro' setups have any impact on my game, but I have always enjoyed that kind of insider info.

It's always fun to provide that info for you guys.

With the way he's playing this week, it may end up in the WITB thread come Monday. Guy is on fire.

They offer a very nice stock shaft and a nice grip which is why the price is where it is
I see you have the 3W too, I assume it has the same grip right? Reason I ask is when configuring a 3W on Cally's pre-order service it shows the NDMC whiteout among the $5 custom upgrades.

I can't wait until April so I can bag a Big Bertha! My driver has always been something that is either good or really bad for me. Hearing how the Bertha helps with consistency can't help but wet my appetite.

I see you have the 3W too, I assume it has the same grip right? Reason I ask is when configuring a 3W on Cally's pre-order service it shows the NDMC whiteout among the $5 custom upgrades.

I don't have them yet. Got them from participating in the #grandaddy event THP put on with Callaway, but I remember seeing the 3Ws out in California with the same grips.

I can't wait until April so I can bag a Big Bertha! My driver has always been something that is either good or really bad for me. Hearing how the Bertha helps with consistency can't help but wet my appetite.

You and me both! Although, if the X2 Hot performs better for me, I will be headed in that direction instead. We have some great options, that's for sure!

You and me both! Although, if the X2 Hot performs better for me, I will be headed in that direction instead. We have some great options, that's for sure!

Yea this is true however I'm hoping the Bertha works out the best. I simply love the looks of it :in-love:! Blue is my favorite color and I can't imagine how well this dark blue finish looks in person. :kissed:

I'm positive this one is special for me. The swing is still a work but I hit a couple absolute monsters with this one this weekend, it's just something else. And the sound...damn that sound is awesome.

Back