The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call from a highly irate customer that didn't think we were working hard enough on a project. I talked, he yelled and it went that way for 20 minutes. When I'd had enough, I just hung up. He called back madder than before threatening getting his attorneys involved. I pointed out that unless he wanted my attorneys & those of my subcontractor (#86 on the Fortune 100 list) to get started, he needed to take the bass out of his voice, stop threatening me & we could discuss it further.
I called the end user whom I have a very good relationship with and explained that I was pulling every last man off the job until this got resolved and I got an apology. Wouldn't you know, I got a very nice & friendly return call asking if we could resolve our differences and meet a mutual time table for completion.
A good relationship with the people writing the checks is amazing.

I had to put off a meeting to go over a $250K project because my boss couldn't be bothered to come to the office even though as I was leaving the office at 7 last night I needed him to sign the bid overview. I hate lying to people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you still long just not freakishly long!

Ouch wish I was closer man we'd have that thing replaced much cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I know it dude. Everybody is too far away!

I just figure with install fees and taxes it will be close to that. Guy told me he had to replace the inlet piping since it's out of code due to age. It'll probably be closer to 800-850 if I'm lucky.

Come on Hawk, plumbing is easy. Blue is cold, hot is red, poop rolls down hill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could probably do it. What's the worst that could happen?

I know it dude. Everybody is too far away!

Plumbing and electrical are easy even gas line brotha you can do it. If it could wait till next weekend I'd make the trip and hook you up.

All you need to do is take out the old one and do the same process in reverse order for the new one.

Can't wait, but that's very cool of you to offer! I'm leaving town tomorrow, but will have to get done Monday at the latest. It's leaking pretty bad. Just glad it's from the top.

Can't wait, but that's very cool of you to offer! I'm leaving town tomorrow, but will have to get done Monday at the latest. It's leaking pretty bad. Just glad it's from the top.

No problem I'd use it as an excuse to crash my sisters weekend :) out of the top is better for sure.

Sweeet! I will do that for sure.

Sweeet! I will do that for sure.

There's nothing weird about it right? It's not in some odd crawl space or something is it? If all we have to do is stick in the same size water heater sweat the pipe it's ez pz

Nope, pretty standard. Only thing is the guy said the inlet was corroded and the valve should be replaced.

Nope, pretty standard. Only thing is the guy said the inlet was corroded and the valve should be replaced.

Yah thats easy. You can buy all the stuff you need at menards and buy some shims so we can get it level.

Right on dude. I'll get in touch on Sunday and we can talk about it. Out of town at the inlaws starting tomorrow.

Right on dude. I'll get in touch on Sunday and we can talk about it. Out of town at the inlaws starting tomorrow.

Sounds good. Have fun with the inlaws and stuff.

I'll come look at it before I make any promises but I have replaced 3 water heaters bbefore so we should be cool.

Ehhh. That's a rant of it's own :)

Uggh! Took a ride on the NO SLEEP train all night. Decided to just get up.

JM

People trying rip THPers off is my rant. Some people just don't get it.

Tried to download a new free music production plugin, and got that nasty YOUR BROWSER HAS BEEN LOCKED FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ransomware garbage.

Crap.

I immediately shut down and rebooted, and have been running scan after scan to make sure I'm in the clear. So far I think so, but what a waste of time and my heart was in my throat for about 10 minutes.

I am sick and now I don't get to play with the Cali boys today. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Recently in the news Canada Post has announced they will be phasing out home delivery, in favor of community mailboxes.

After having my Bio Cell testing Iron delivered to the same address, but the wrong STREET (delivered to 4th street instead of 3rd), I am thinking this phase-out cannot happen fast enough. At least then anything parcel will be held for pickup, instead of randomly dropped off to incorrect addresses, while telling me that it has been successfully delivered to my home (but it obviously hasn't).

For Shame Canada Post. For Shame.

Jacqui just left to play golf. I have work to do, Grrrr.

Hope you get feeling better dude, never good to be sick and can't play golf.
I am sick and now I don't get to play with the Cali boys today. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back