Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I don't have a ton of experience with the Amp Cell, but bought one cheap after reading THP.

Went to Dick's today to mess around and had the hitting bay to myself.

Hit the Amp Cell, Nike Covert, and Callaway XHot

Glad I bought the Amp Cell.

There was no launch monitor, but it just felt so much better.

Looking forward to many rounds with the Amp Cell this season.

I gamed the 6x3 White Tie my last round with the Amp Cell and I really liked it. It doesn't feel as nice as the Kusala Blue but the higher ball flight is welcome at this time of year. I played at 10.5 yesterday so I still need to tinker and find what works best, but I saw some serious carry distance and it even straightened out my ball flight some.
Can't wait to try it again.

For anyone who wants to tinker with an awesome head/shaft combo on the cheap there's an Amp Cell/White Tie on the bay for $110.

Bought a Cleveland Classic XL the other day (first range session with it today) and it felt like I was cheating on the AC :bashful:

Luckily, I don't hit it as well as the AC so I don't think it'll go in the bag....

Bought a Cleveland Classic XL the other day (first range session with it today) and it felt like I was cheating on the AC :bashful:

Luckily, I don't hit it as well as the AC so I don't think it'll go in the bag....

I tried the same thing, but the Cleveland was too spinny for me so I switched back to the AC.

Any of y'all have an issue with not getting an audible "click" when tightening the screw after adjusting the loft? The "click" is there when I adjust my 3 wood, but not when I adjust my driver. The screw feels secure and tight enough so I am hesitant to try to tighten it anymore. I sure don't want to strip it.

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

Any of y'all have an issue with not getting an audible "click" when tightening the screw after adjusting the loft? The "click" is there when I adjust my 3 wood, but not when I adjust my driver. The screw feels secure and tight enough so I am hesitant to try to tighten it anymore. I sure don't want to strip it.

You should hear a click. The sound is actually coming from the wrench, not the screw.

Thanks, Paladin. I know there should be the click, but I am just not getting it. I have adjusted the loft on my AC 3 metal several times and heard the click each time, but nothing with the driver. Not sure what is going on here. This may seem odd, but I wonder if it could be the wrench. The rubber cap keeps falling off if it, but since it is rubber I didn't think that much about it until just now. Maybe the wrench tip is off a hair. Kind of afraid to swing it until I figure it out.

You won't strip it. I went though the same thing early one testing lofts. You think it's tight bc there is no more "give" from the screw. Just twist another half revolution or so slowly and you will hear it click. I was scared to go it for fear of braking the screw or damaging the shaft, but it works.

Glad I posted and you replied. I went back out to give it another try. Worked like a charm. Don't know why it felt different than the 3 metal, but all is well. Thanks again!!!

Thanks, Paladin. I know there should be the click, but I am just not getting it. I have adjusted the loft on my AC 3 metal several times and heard the click each time, but nothing with the driver. Not sure what is going on here. This may seem odd, but I wonder if it could be the wrench. The rubber cap keeps falling off if it, but since it is rubber I didn't think that much about it until just now. Maybe the wrench tip is off a hair. Kind of afraid to swing it until I figure it out.

Sorry for the delay on this. I had the same issue. It was the wrench and not the screw. Try a new wrench and see. Icey gave me a new wrench and the problem was solved.

After almost two months of ownership I finally got my Amp Cell outside on the course I may have just had my best driving day ever. No lost balls. Only three missed fairways. Just darts all day plus substantial length improvement from my previous driver.

Yep, still really enjoy this driver! When I do things right, somewhat right, or just ok...so much to offer.

Got mine in August for 130 and I love it! Have it in Silver and cracked down to 9.5 and I've never had a driver that I liked better. Great club! Thinking about getting they 2-3 hybrid if I see the right price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Got mine in August for 130 and I love it! Have it in Silver and cracked down to 9.5 and I've never had a driver that I liked better. Great club! Thinking about getting they 2-3 hybrid if I see the right price

Such a good line. The Smartpad and MyFly are terrific bits for tech that can be had for a steal.

Great price. They are going for even cheaper now.

Planning on shortening mine today. Currently its at 46 which is way to long for me.

Saw it at Dicks for 199 yesterday. But yeah I have seen a couple 99 deals this year.

Don't buy it from them. There are a ton of these deals out there.

Saw it at Dicks for 199 yesterday. But yeah I have seen a couple 99 deals this year.

If you want one post a wtb post and you will get pm's. People may not be actively looking to move one but if you post a deal can be had.

If you want one post a wtb post and you will get pm's. People may not be actively looking to move one but if you post a deal can be had.

Sorry I may have misspoke. I have the amp cell driver looking for a 2-3 amp cell hybrid. Thanks tho I'm new to this forum

Sorry I may have misspoke. I have the amp cell driver looking for a 2-3 amp cell hybrid. Thanks tho I'm new to this forum

I had a 3/4 fairway wood and 2/3 hybrid for sale in the marketplace but it is sold pending payment. If the deal somehow falls through I'll let you know

Bought a matrix black tie to try out with this baby.

I have been flat hammering the amp cell with a Kusala White. Tomorrow I will be playing with the AD/DI and a Kusala Blue, both will be played with the loft set at 11.5.

Has anyone bought a .350 amp cell adapter from ebay that has worked out well?
All the ones I see are not OEM and are from china. That doesn't make them bad, just curious.

Thanks.

Back