The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like to see Denver win I'm worried about this being outdoors in a cold weather stadium. The elements will definitely favor Seattle. I think if this was a typical SB in a warm weather or dome, I'd think Denver would have a huge advantage.

You had Finnegan. He had the trash talking side of it down, too bad he sucks as a CB.

Yeah. He just talked trash but couldn't back any of it up. I want the best corner in the league

Sucks that neither team I wanted to get in, got in.

Why does Jay Glazer have a podium right there? Random.

Wait Pete Carroll bought a national championship at USC?

And then left the program in ruins as he ran out the back door before being burned.

Absolute dirtbag in my book. And I hope the Seattle players are smart enough to not trust him.

As for the Superbowl, it opened as a pickem game but it looks like it is moving to Denver -1 or -1.5. Which is about right. I will take the veteran QB who has a ring against the young guy who hasn't been there yet.

I'm still pulling for the Seahawks in the Superbowl. Defense wins championships. Plus, any feelings I may have about Sherman and Pete Carroll being sellouts are utterly offset by Wes Welker.

Face it, classy people with tackling skills being wrestlers, like, I dunno, Chael Sonnen or Kurt Angle.

As a lowly Rams fan, I really didn't care who won between Seattle and San Fran. I've always been a big Peyton Manning fan though, so I'm pulling for the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

If Sherman's post game interview didn't give you a reason to root for Denver I don't know what could.

As a lowly Rams fan, I really didn't care who won between Seattle and San Fran. I've always been a big Peyton Manning fan though, so I'm pulling for the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

You're not alone sir. RAMS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Sherman's post game interview didn't give you a reason to root for Denver I don't know what could.

Offset by loathing of Peyton Manning.

Go Seachickens.

A funny from shermangate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390223712.672294.jpg

Offset by loathing of Peyton Manning.

Go Seachickens.

"Loathing"? What could cause such an extreme reaction?

I understand how some players can be emotionally polarizing, but Manning's personality is pretty vanilla. He never lowers himself to the level of some NFL players, has always been a class act.

"Loathing"? What could cause such an extreme reaction?

I understand how some players can be emotionally polarizing, but Manning's personality is pretty vanilla. He never lowers himself to the level of some NFL players, has always been a class act.

Maybe he has something against the city of Omaha?

Welker claimed that he didn’t intend to hit Talib. Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels otherwise. Strongly. “It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

Welker claimed that he didn’t intend to hit Talib. Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels otherwise. Strongly. “It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

One of the worst plays he has ever seen!?

Cmon Bill...

Yeah... Welker is such a monster. He was throwing a block... that's all I saw. Talib seems to be a bit fragile. I suppose that Talib has never put a hurting hit on any receiver.

Gets a microphone in his face 2 minutes after the biggest play of his career. As a result, you get a glimpse into the inner monologue of most cornerbacks. "He's garbage. I got this guy. I'm the best player in the game. Screw this guy." If Crabtree makes the catch, there's a good chance he says basically the same thing.

I'll err on the side of giving Sherman the benefit of the doubt. Apparently him and Crabtree were jawing back and forth all week, so if Crabtree would have caught the ball, I'm sure he would've been confident in taking a shot at Sherman. It's no secret that these two don't like each other. I'd rather have one of my best defenders be too confident than not confident enough. It's just trash talk.

Yeah I saw that. If Sherman is a fake then why did Crabtree have 4 catches for 50+ yards? Sounds pretty real to me.

Shermans interview only brought back memories for me of Morgan Cup Media Day. Puttin4Bird just out there yelling and trash talking all the opponents..."I'm the best ball striker in this event! You put your best up against me? They are mediocre and you are insane!"

:alien:

Yeah I saw that. If Sherman is a fake then why did Crabtree have 4 catches for 50+ yards? Sounds pretty real to me.

No doubt. And Sherman made the play when it counted. I am neither here nor there on Crabtree, but I think that he can't have much to defend himself with in this argument.

sherman is cockey yes but he normally backs it up. i think his interview blow up was for his hate for crabtree whom is a D bag and tried to fight sherman at a charity event in the past. that combined with their trash talking in the game and there you go.

I have no problem with Sherman's comments. It was after a championship game on a play he broke up for his team to win. Personal feelings and emotion in the moment I thought it was great. I want emotion and honesty from players not the same old cliché. So when it does happen I'm not going to come down on the guy after a play like that.

This Super Bowl has a similar feeling of the Bucks vs. Raiders game best offense against the best defense. I like the Seahawks to get their first championship ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back