Hook,Draw,Slice,Fade What is your natural swing path?

My typical ball flight is fairly straight with medium trajectory. I would prefer to be able to hit a baby draw on demand, but I simply am not consistent enough with that.

Today at the range, my ball flight for my first 5-7 swings were hosel-hosed dead right.

fade until i grew up.....now draw :blob:

My typical ball flight is fairly straight with medium trajectory. I would prefer to be able to hit a baby draw on demand, but I simply am not consistent enough with that.

Today at the range, my ball flight for my first 5-7 swings were hosel-hosed dead right.

OUCH! Don't ya just hate those hosel rockets :banghead:

Like most here, I started with a slice about 10 years ago. Decided I was never going to get better playing with that so I worked for about 2 years to develop a nice piercing draw. I succeeded so well that I have turned that into a snap hook once in a while.

I like to work the ball, so I can hit fades and draws. If I have to work a tight fairway, my go-to shot is driver with a slight fade that I start down the right side of the fairway and cut back to the middle. I trust this more than anything else.

I prefer a draw, but my natural swing tendencies when I first picked up a club was to fade the ball. I have only been playing for about 8 months, but I feel that I am starting to groove my swing into a consistent draw swing. I have a club in my hands pretty much every day working on a proper swing. I am lucky to have a house where I can take a full iron swing indoors. No ball of course.

mostly a draw but moving towards a hook on my off days

hmmmm pushing the ball

hmmmm pushing the ball

Ok so I must repent :banghead: I was drawing my irons 97% of the time today but had a couple of pushes with my big stick where the ball did not listen correctly :D I play a fairly stout driver for an old fart. If I don't have that ball up off the left foot it can get away. My chest just forgets to turn toward the hole quick enough :arrogant:

I am still a hooker though :bananadance:

slight fade which can turn into a push when I get tired or lazy. I wish I could draw the ball more....when I do I'm in such shock that I can't remember what I did.

Slight fade with my driver, FWs and long irons. Straight to draw with my short irons, with the occasional snap hook. :banghead:

For most of my career my go to shot was a nice high fade. I like to work the ball on the course....but when it came to a must type situation I would hit a nice soft fade.

Since I started reworking my swing back in August my go to shot is now a soft draw. I still like to work the ball when I play but in a must type situation now I will hit the draw.

The hard part is trusting the line when you are used to hitting a shot from left to right (last 13 years) to now hitting it right to left (6 months). Isn't this game fun.

At the beginning of the season, I start hitting a consistent mid-fade. Throughout the year I manipulate my swing to bring me back to center. By the end of the season, I consistently hit the ball straight or have a slight draw. I only get a slice when I really let the big dog eat and don't get my clubhead closed.

Most of my life it was a high fade. Then an injury to my right elbow a few years ago messed me all up and turned everything into duck hooks. I've never really gotten back to where I was. I'd say I still prefer the fade when I can make it work, but it just isn't as dependable as it once was. :confused2:

I play what I like to call a 'controlled fade' with my woods. Even though it's rarely in control, lol.
I used to hit everything left to right and I tend to still 'see' most shots that way in my minds eye. Trouble is my iron play has been going down hill and I've started hitting a small to a large hook on most all of them. Couple seeing a fade with hitting a hook and you get some pretty horrific iron shots...

Small Fade
Used to play a bigger cut, but that has changed

Back