WGC Accenture Match Play Bracket Competition (THP Style)

Count me in.

I can throw in a $10 Nike GC and 1-2 sleeves of balls for Da Winna.

..and signed up!

I signed up, I never do to well in my March Madness Bracket so lets try a new sport.

I'm in! Let me snoop around tonight for something to add to the pot

Once we see how many we can get, while you pick how the prizes will be dispersed? Or are yo making prize packages for the top 10?

Since I will be at the tournament for three days, I will donate a hat or towel from Accenture Match Play.

Since I will be at the tournament for three days, I will donate a hat or towel from Accenture Match Play.

Nice. No insider information I hope...

Once we see how many we can get, while you pick how the prizes will be dispersed? Or are yo making prize packages for the top 10?
I'm just going to put the prizes next to whatever place the person donating wants them to go to.

If they want to do the 11th place person, so be it!

Thank you so much to everyone that's committed prizes, how awesome!

I've listed all the prizes in the first post, for those that are on the bottom, if you have a specific place you want the prizes to be for, please let me know and I'll get them listed there, even if it's like 10th place!!!

I figure if something is willing to give a prize, they get to pick where it goes, should be quite a set of prizes to multiple winners.

I say with this many donating something we should spread the wealth and do a top 10. 10th place gets a little something like a hat, sleeve of balls, towel, etc. & the prizes get better towards the top. Thinking 1st gets one of the donated clubs & dozen balls/hat.

Thoughts?

Can I give this to last place?
puzyzava.jpg

I say with this many donating something we should spread the wealth and do a top 10. 10th place gets a little something like a hat, sleeve of balls, towel, etc. & the prizes get better towards the top. Thinking 1st gets one of the donated clubs & dozen balls/hat.

Thoughts?
I think expanding it to the top 10 is great. The larger possibilities are excellent.

puzyzava.jpg
I think that's perfect for last place!

Also I'll update the intro with this as well, to join the league, there is a "Leagues" "Join Leagues" button at the top and then you can search for the name and put in the password.

So far here's what I show for the league participants.

Also, maybe a mod could put 2014 in the title, sorry I forgot about that!

Do we need to consider tiebreakers? If so, possibly use the total number of holes the winner plays (all matches).

I'm in. Looking forward to this. Always do a bracket for this event each year on my own. Will be fun to see how it stacks up against everyone.

The word is Scott, Rose and Mickelson are not coming. Pretty sure Tiger will since Lindsey is not in Olympics. He commits 8 days prior to an event. I was scorecard bearer for the Kuchar/Fujita match last year on the day it snowed (see my avatar). It has been in the mid-70s for the past two weeks here. Hope the weather holds in February.

This looks like a ton of fun, let me know if you need a prize, I can do something small

Well, I'll be in attendance on Sunday. I surely hope it doesn't snow. If it's snowing in Tucson, it's usually blizzard-like conditions up here. Still, my tickets come pretty cheap, so if it does get snowed out, I'm not in the lurch for too much.

Icey...move my prize up for 2nd place. $20.00 Gift Card to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Signed up....looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
This all just shows how generous thp'ers are. Really excited it took off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

<quagmire>
Dude, I'd rock that. When I text my wife, her phone says "Giggity".

Also, after some contemplation, and the fact 2nd place is lacking, I'll make one of my hat contributions a never worn THP visor for 2nd.

I'm in and will look for a prize. Thinking 2 sleeves of pro v's from two years ago. Put a mark on em but never used.

Do we need to consider tiebreakers? If so, possibly use the total number of holes the winner plays (all matches).

I'm hoping the system has one built in.

Signed up. I'll include a prize for the pot as well.

edit:box of evolvegolf epoch tees for 7th place.

Last edited:
I think I've got the first post up to date. Let me know where you want your prize moved to.

Thanks again for everyone playing and pitching in with prizes. Once the final standings are completed the winners can PM the prize givers with their address for shipping. (If that works for everyone?)

Back