My brother and I finished a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta and Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or over xmas break and I don't regret one minute of it haha
Smooth highland goodness, but I think it's time to find something more punchy.. maybe a speyside or an islay next!

Congrats on finding out you like whiskey on the rocks.

You already delved into the Irish an Tennessee whiskey which is a good start for a beginner and you started with fine examples of each.

The world of whiskey is very vast and there is a ton to explore and enjoy.

Finding out that very quickly.

Have ventured to Canadian Club and Crown Royal now as well.

Can't handle Canadian Club unless it's their more "premium" stuff.
For cheap rye whiskey, I actually like Alberta Premium. Picked up a bottle on sale the other day for $16 instead of the usual $22 and am now happily dumping it in cokes or just straight.

I'm a whisky drinker. When I drink, it's always whisky. I typically stick with Irish whisky and Scotch. Jameson is my go to, always on hand. They have some special reserves and aged batches which are incredible, but even their 1780 is good. When it comes to Scotch, my current favorite is Glenlivet Nadurra. Delicious Scotch. Big fan of Laphroig, older Glenfiddich, and The Dalmore.

I'm not a big fan of American whiskey, but I will drink it from time to time. Gentleman Jack, Jim Beam Devil's Cut, and Knob Creek Single Barrel are my favorite I've tried...I do NOT like Canadian whiskey.

Always straight up.

Can't handle Canadian Club unless it's their more "premium" stuff.
For cheap rye whiskey, I actually like Alberta Premium. Picked up a bottle on sale the other day for $16 instead of the usual $22 and am now happily dumping it in cokes or just straight.

Unfortunately, the Canadian Club wasn't on purpose. It was the only whisky included in the drink specials. Did help me learn not to buy it though. I didn't really find the flavors to be diverse in comparison with some of the others I've had thus far. Not sure if that's a rye thing in general or just a Canadian Club thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Crown is good and Crown Black is better IMO.

If you can find Jeffersons I suggest it highly as its a very smooth bourbon and great on the rocks and should be about $25 a bottle another at the same price point is Town Branch. A little pricier options are Eagle Rare and Angels Envy both are around $50 a bottle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Loving the Aberlour 16yr double cask I had as a gift at xmas, so good.

Wife just texted me that a Japanese company is buying Jim Beam and Makers Mark( yes beam owns makers) this probably means that they will have all the beam small batch distilleries.

It's a sad sad day IMO when an American Heritage like this is sold out to foreign money.

I guess I will be looking into what all Beam produces/owns and most likely not buying any more.

Wife just texted me that a Japanese company is buying Jim Beam and Makers Mark( yes beam owns makers) this probably means that they will have all the beam small batch distilleries.

It's a sad sad day IMO when an American Heritage like this is sold out to foreign money.

I guess I will be looking into what all Beam produces/owns and most likely not buying any more.
Cant be as bad as Maker watering down their bottles last year due to a shortage.

Cant be as bad as Maker watering down their bottles last year due to a shortage.

They wanted to then they balked at the outrage that it raised. They got tons of email and their Facebook page was blasted with people threatening to walk away if they did it.

I have a feeling that it will happen now and that there will be a shortage of Beam, Makers, Bookers, Bakers and knobb creek all owned by Beam.

The overseas market especially Asia and India has exploded with their need/want of bourbon.

Really only two major distilleries still American owned, Brown-Forman and Heaven Hill.

It's k only alcoholics drink Jim Beam.

Makers is good but there is plenty of other good bourbons to be had in that price range.

It's k only alcoholics drink Jim Beam.

Makers is good but there is plenty of other good bourbons to be had in that price range.

Most definitely and I have plenty of them= 25 not from their distilleries

Tried Very Old Barton BIB on a friends recommedation last night. For a $14 bottle of bourbon it was very good. Sweet to the nose with a nice rye bite to let you know you are drinking bourbon. Could very well be on of the best bourbon values around.

Riding out this snowstorm with some Four Roses Small Batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my first pour of Elijah Craig 12. At $30, It is a great value. Great nose smooth with a

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Had my first pour of Elijah Craig 12. At $30, It is a great value. Great nose smooth with a nice finish.

Just opened a bottle of Lexington Bourbon, its pretty darn good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nice glass of 1792 here... perfect for a cold night tonight.

Back