Birdiebox - anyone?

sleuth

Reaction score
Handicap
3.3 GHIN
From the PGA Show. A new innovative, personalized way to have the newest products delivered to your home.

It's a subscription service that sends a box every month filled with items that retail for $100 or more.
HomePage-Box2_1.jpg

http://www.birdiebox.com/

1 mos - $44.95 + S&H, and gets slightly cheaper if you buy 3/6/12 month subscriptions.

What do you guys think? They said they would send special theme boxes for holidays and events (Father's day, Master's, etc). Could be like Christmas every month, if they actually deliver good products. I'm actually somewhat interested. Hmmm.

Hmm kind of a clever little concept.

Definitely interesting but it's a pretty costly gamble for someone like me at that price. I just don't see much in it right now as the items could quite possibly be stuff I would never ordinarily buy or use. Seems like a pretty good value if you are just wanting to experiment with stuff and like surprises.

Hmm kind of a clever little concept.
Yep. They had some good exposure on Morning Drive. Golf Digest also gave it a shameless plug since each box includes that months subscription.

Definitely interesting but it's a pretty costly gamble for someone like me at that price. I just don't see much in it right now as the items could quite possibly be stuff I would never ordinarily buy or use. Seems like a pretty good value if you are just wanting to experiment with stuff and like surprises.
Sadly the last part is me :( I like toying with new products every year. Be it clothing, an accessory or electronic.

My thoughts, too. And how do they know what size of clothing to send?

I saw a few of their samples.
I am sure the MSRP might get to $100.
I dont believe a savy shopper or educated golf person from THP would ever spend ANYWHERE near that.

seems cool

Neat idea, but if people cringed at the Team Callaway stuff, I don't know how you could justify the subscription cost of this one.

I would need to be getting a ton of value out of this for it to be worthwhile.

if I had not done the Callaway deal I would def think about it

At least with the Callaway deal you know you are getting some collectibles, this not so much. It is a little rich for my blood.

Interesting concept, until a 2-year old closeout hat shows up along side some old tees and a r9 TaylorMade towel.

My GF recently bought me a 3-month trial of a Birchbox. Had a few different male grooming products. I assume this is a golf version of that? It's cool having something delivered every month and not knowing what you're gonna get.

My GF recently bought me a 3-month trial of a Birchbox. Had a few different male grooming products. I assume this is a golf version of that? It's cool having something delivered every month and not knowing what you're gonna get.
Similar, I do believe. These things have been "all the rage" on facebook advertising. Dog treats, grooming products, etc etc.

This is similar to bespoke post, however it's golf gear and you're guaranteed a box every month. Bespoke post lets you see the boxes and decide if you want to purchase if you don't you're not charged. I already subscribe to golf digest so not another reason to subscribe to this.

I was at the PGA show. And golf digest would not partner with BirdieBox unless they were going to include premium products every month. I joined. They profile you with only 13 quick questions including your sizes for the obvious and then ask your hobbies , favorite sports teams, college you went to and your style (flashy/conservative) can't wait for my first box!!!! And did u see the spot they had on the golf channel yesterday morning as one of the top 6 innovative products at the PGA expo They even put it on their website to watch under unique products This product is awesome!!

Interesting concept, until a 2-year old closeout hat shows up along side some old tees and a r9 TaylorMade towel.

My thoughts exactly. How about we throw in a Ping g10 hat too

Glad THP has a "deal of the day" thread so I can find great deals on this stuff and not pay $100

On another note, it says the stuff retails for that price. Who actually charges retail for stuff now anyways? Most places display the retail price and then they show "their" price just underneath usually, and its usually a little less.

I think some of you have been burned too many times on dumb mystery box events. I never participated in those seeing as places were likely just moving old products.

Birdiebox 'should' be the new products that hit the market, based on your profile. I emphasize should, considering they just started up and there's no real proof of items people have received. Still considering this one myself.

I would be a bit reluctant to do this. You just never know what you might get. Birdie Box could equal Big Lots. You just don't know. To much $$ for me to take that chance.

I don't think I would be interested in this at all. I have enough junk sitting around the house and with a package once a month full of it, pretty sure I would run out of room in my house.

I don't think I would be interested in this at all. I have enough junk sitting around the house and with a package once a month full of it, pretty sure I would run out of room in my house.

That's ok, after getting all of this junk every month, your wife will probably move out and you'll have all kinds of room! haha

This is similar I guess to the Callaway Collection. The reason I went with that one is because I saw how excited the Callaway guys were about this. I knew that the $200 bucks would be more than worth it for me

With a sleeve of NXT's as well.

I'd probably save my money in most cases. I look at that demo sample and see maybe a couple of things that I'd be happy to have if I didn't pay for them.

1st Major box sounds interesting!
1st Major Box What better way to celebrate every
golfer’s favorite time of the year than
with our first specialty box of 2014 to
commemorate the first major of the year!
HomePage-MASTERS3.jpg

Back