2014 TaylorMade Tour Preferred Wedge Preview

Absolutely loved my tp wedges I got back in 2006. Hopefully these can make me consider TaylorMade wedges again

TaylorMade has never been a company that I would look to for wedges...normally my thinking is instantly Titleist/Cleveland because of previous successes and marketing. I personally TM as a brand and this year I am looking to upgrade my wedges to new ones. More pictures would be appreciate and I'm sure in due course we will see more; if they look good and feel great, I'll game them. If the feel ok, then the testing continues!

Does anyone know (who is at the show) if TM are following the other companies in custom fitting of wedges?

Can any of the Ultimate Testers or those on the ground at the PGA talk about the shaft used in these wedges? Are they still offering KBS as the OEM shaft?

Can any of the Ultimate Testers or those on the ground at the PGA talk about the shaft used in these wedges? Are they still offering KBS as the OEM shaft?

The demo wedges we tried were KBS Tour V. However they would not confirm if that would end up in the production wedge.

I absolutely adored these wedges. I tried my best to get Tyler to sneak them to me.......... He said since there's only 8 of them in existence, they might miss them.

I also have it on good authority that a certain THPer at the Ultimate Testing was the first one to ever chip in with one of these during a round.

I like that they're going to offer different bounce options or the ATV option. Looks like you can get the best of both worlds!

I like that they're going to offer different bounce options or the ATV option. Looks like you can get the best of both worlds!

I believe the ATV wedge will only be available in a 56° and 60° loft.

I really like the look of these and the feedback I am reading on this thread is extremely positive. Can't help but be interested.

I really like the look of these and the feedback I am reading on this thread is extremely positive. Can't help but be interested.

I would have given up my credit card if the Tour Preferred wedges could have been purchased. They just felt really good in my hands and I was able to execute the shots that I wanted with them. I actually didn't hit them on Sunday because I was made I couldn't buy them yet.

There might be a 58° now that you mention it. I do not remember that loft being mentioned.

I know I didn't see one present not to say they had them all.

I really enjoyed them, in particular the ATV version. It's a true blade wedge and they've integrated that sole in a really nice way.

The weighting was nice as was the spin, look fantastic. They said they tried to take the best of the atv, xft, and RAC and blend them together.

And it was awesome watching.

Seriously though it looks like it's a great wedge. I'm in the ponder mode and these are on the radar. But what doesn't help is the timing. It's a long wait

There might be a 58° now that you mention it. I do not remember that loft being mentioned.
I do believe there will be a 58*, as I spent some time talking wedge setup with the TM guys last weekend.

It was interesting talking directly to Taylormade about the original ATV. Not a lot of retail love, but a ton of success on tour.

Yea, I always found that interesting Blu - the ATV was the best wedge I have ever played, even replaced my beloved Vokeys. I really think the lack of retail success must have had much more to do with the looks...

Yea, I always found that interesting Blu - the ATV was the best wedge I have ever played, even replaced my beloved Vokeys. I really think the lack of retail success must have had much more to do with the looks...

Also to be fair, when consumers think wedges, Taylormade isn't really the first thought.

I havent been a fan of the TM wedges for several years. Maybe this year they will surprise me with something, but I typically replace my wedges each year so I'll be trying these out along with a few others to see what I'll be throwing in the bag.

I havent been a fan of the TM wedges for several years. Maybe this year they will surprise me with something, but I typically replace my wedges each year so I'll be trying these out along with a few others to see what I'll be throwing in the bag.

I guess I was one of the few that didn't care for the current ATV wedges. But the new TP wedges are sweet.

Look forward to hearing more about these and eventually trying them out.

I think I recall the bounce version available in 50,52,54,56,58,60 and the ATV in 56,58,60

Which is interesting. I directly asked the product line manager for Taylormade wedges about a 54° ATV. He said no. I would be happy if he misspoke.

I agree…I would like to see the same offerings as the regular one. A 50 would be nice.

Having been a fan of the original ATVs, but wanting a more traditional setup, the new line coming from TM has me pretty excited. Properties I loved of the ATV, but with a more traditional shape and style. Ready to get these in hand, for sure.

Having been a fan of the original ATVs, but wanting a more traditional setup, the new line coming from TM has me pretty excited. Properties I loved of the ATV, but with a more traditional shape and style. Ready to get these in hand, for sure.

What kind of setup you envisioning?

Back