Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a sweet deal on an STX ProFIT 4 (blade) putter. I game the ProFIT 6 (mallet) but have always wanted a blade, though I'm not sure I can game with it. I've spent way too much on gear the past month or so ... not sure if I should pull the trigger. To buy just to own ... probably not the wisest thing to do. Maybe wait until the price comes down a tad further (or I miss out on it)?

Ive bout talked myself into some wilson ci11 irons

Ive bout talked myself into some wilson ci11 irons
Great set of irons, for sure. Owned them for a while, and enjoyed the heck out of them. Stock shaft in them were great too.

Love my Ci11s...very solid iron, and a great amount of forgiveness with a nice profile. Should be able to be had for cheap now, too! It'll feel a little weird playing different irons in July, I'm so used to looking down on them.

I can see you hitting some serious GIR with the Apex Pros dude. I gave them a swing but my swing was just out of sorts at the time so I didn't really get good feedback on them yet.
They are incredibly beautiful irons from tip to tail though, no question.

They feel awesome, but the surprise was they weren't nearly as demanding as I thought they would be - was so surprised that I hit the Apex Pro 7 much better. They're definitely more forgiving than my current irons. I'd still seriously consider gaming Apex long irons in a combo if I ever went for this set though, since the extra forgiveness is really noticeable there.

I'm still trying to find a custom bag or one that I can have embroidered the way I want and its a struggle to find anyone but vessel bags where I can get every pocket embroidered.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can't believe I haven't #WPF yet!
SM5 looked pretty awesome from the PGA show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Can't believe I haven't #WPF yet!
SM5 looked pretty awesome from the PGA show.

Same here. Probably because mine will be here tomorrow! :banana:

Same here. Probably because mine will be here tomorrow! :banana:

I look forward to your thoughts!

Thinking anout the new Big Bertha, the Alpha that Phil is hitting is probably a bit much for me at 61 years old, but his comment was that it hit like his irons and he could control it. My iron play is pretty good even with my long irons, I still carry a 2 iron, have always had trouble double crossing my woods. Looking for something forgiving, I'm thinking a 10 to 12 degree new BB with a standard flex. Just looking for fairways and 250 to 270. I can 'bomb' it longer but only hit one out of about three good drives a round, two terrible drives a side is costing me 6 to 8 shots.

Thinking anout the new Big Bertha, the Alpha that Phil is hitting is probably a bit much for me at 61 years old, but his comment was that it hit like his irons and he could control it. My iron play is pretty good even with my long irons, I still carry a 2 iron, have always had trouble double crossing my woods. Looking for something forgiving, I'm thinking a 10 to 12 degree new BB with a standard flex. Just looking for fairways and 250 to 270. I can 'bomb' it longer but only hit one out of about three good drives a round, two terrible drives a side is costing me 6 to 8 shots.

The Big Bertha is a beast. Probably, based off the rid bits of info you dropped, the preferred of the two based on forgiveness and lateral adjustability. They have a 10.5* version and the adaptor allows you to go up 2* and down 1*, fitting right in your range perfectly. Great stock shaft too.

KBS shafts for my SpeedBlades. Thinking CTL. Or maybe Recoils?

Waiting on word on if my local golf store can order in a Seemore grip and headcover for me.... shipping to Canada, as well as duties are ridiculous.

Odyssey Black Tour Design #1 Wide.

So pretty. Milled and murdered out. It will be mine.

Just have to wait until pay day.

My favorite putter is my #9 tour design. Didn't think I'd ever kick it out of the bag. Then I putted with the. Metal X Milled

My favorite putter is my #9 tour design. Didn't think I'd ever kick it out of the bag. Then I putted with the. Metal X Milled

And then you'll putt with the MXM Versa #9. *Mind Blown*

I wanted to sneak off with that one.

Yep. I heard mixed thoughts on the MXM line, I'm a milled putter nerd and they're among the best I've rolled, the acid milling and the weight just feels really nice through impact. These are really really good IMO.

I think I will have more than one MXM in my stable. In fact I know so.

Pondering changing my ball. For years I've used the NXT tour which I love. However, now I live in a nice sunny climate, I found white balls difficult to see, so switched to the yellow Z Stars. Using last years model cost me $20 for a box of 12. Spending $45 on a box doesn't really do it for me, nor does spending $35 on a box of NXT's (plus they only do the tour S in yellow which I didn't get on with). So I'm thinking of trying out the Q stars. $25 a box seems a steal. It's the ball srixon recommends for me (I'm a 12 hcp) and I keep reading anyone in double figures doesn't need tour ball spin. It's the most budgety ball I've used in absolute years, but gets good reviews so hopefully they work out for me.

I think I will have more than one MXM in my stable. In fact I know so.

that's good news because I REALLY want to try one on course to break all the crazy rumours about them being awful.

Next up on the ponder, a couple shaft extensions to get my SeeMore back to it's original length, a SeeMore grip and replacement headcover, and some epoxy. Still debating grips for the irons... probably leaning more towards the Green Lamkin REL 3Gen's.

Pondering changing my ball. For years I've used the NXT tour which I love. However, now I live in a nice sunny climate, I found white balls difficult to see, so switched to the yellow Z Stars. Using last years model cost me $20 for a box of 12. Spending $45 on a box doesn't really do it for me, nor does spending $35 on a box of NXT's (plus they only do the tour S in yellow which I didn't get on with). So I'm thinking of trying out the Q stars. $25 a box seems a steal. It's the ball srixon recommends for me (I'm a 12 hcp) and I keep reading anyone in double figures doesn't need tour ball spin. It's the most budgety ball I've used in absolute years, but gets good reviews so hopefully they work out for me.

I love the QStars man. Was playing used Pro-V's, but for the same price a dozen I could get new QStars. Awesome balls, love the durability of them, and I seriously see little to no drop-off in play.

that's good news because I REALLY want to try one on course to break all the crazy rumours about them being awful.

Oh you will have tons of time with them. They really are such a good roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back