What would be your ideal job in golf?

You guys rock.

Actually, my dad texted me this week letting me know that a local golf store just closed.... and followed it up saying I should open a golf store.

...all industry/growth problems aside, I would absolutely LOVE that. interacting with companies, getting my hands on the latest and greatest with an in store monitor and getting a real sense of the differences in each design, and helping people to do the same with their swing would be sooooooo much fun.

If I ever win the lottery, I might do exactly that.

If you open a golf store... Text me. I will work there.

I'll also throw my hat in this one! Work for and learn from the best, yeah, sign me up for that.

Club design for sure.

I used to work for a company that did casting, everything from machines that would form the styroform molds, to melting and pouring the metal, and finishing the end product. The machines at that time were used for railway wheels, with guys messing around with whatever their minds could think up. It really had me thinking for a time that I should pursue something to get into this.

What would be your ideal job in golf?

Bev cart girl. I have the legs for Daisy Dukes and the shoulders for a tank top.

A slightly different answer from me... High school golf coach. I really enjoy golf, teaching, and facilitation activities in general. However, I would want a bit of separation so that golf didn't become a "job" for me.

Bev cart girl. I have the legs for Daisy Dukes and the shoulders for a tank top.

Haha, it would be a shame to let a nice pair of legs go to waste right.

Anyone that plays golf and doesn't answer this question with the words tour pro is mad.

Anyone that plays golf and doesn't answer this question with the words tour pro is mad.

I don't ever want to take golf that seriously.

On course teaching pro because you get the best of both worlds, teaching and playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest problem with jobs in the industry is that if you work in golf, you don't play much (from what I hear). So, I just want a job as a sales rep for a company where my job is to take people golfing! I don't need to work in golf, I just want to play a ton!!!!

I don't ever want to take golf that seriously.

That's the thing, I don't think I would. Just so long as I made enough money to live relatively comfortably, I'd be happy just being out there playing the best courses in the world.

A kid I coached was a golf pro- played in college, went to Q School, etc. He ended-up as an Asst at a club. He didn't get to play much because he's always taking care of members and giving lessons. What did he do on his days off? Not golf! He wanted to be away from there. Another guy I grew-up with is a Head Pro at a club in Kentucky. He says the same thing. He only gets to play a few times a month... So, just give me a job where I DO get to play 3-4 times per week, as my job!!!

With me being an engineer I would love to be a club builder in a tour van....

I would absolutely love to be in the marketing side. Something like what Hashtag and Harry do. I think that job would be A LOT of fun.

Shoot me your resume. hhahahahaha #PipeDreams

Golf Exchange is opening a new store in Eastgate, I joked with my wife about getting a part time job! I'm with you guys on the local shop. I could get used to a marketing position for a major manufacturer, Carlsbad have some great weather!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Golf Exchange is opening a new store in Eastgate, I joked with my wife about getting a part time job! I'm with you guys on the local shop. I could get used to a marketing position for a major manufacturer, Carlsbad have some great weather!

Smart move by them with Galaxy recently shutting it down out there, although I really didn't see a ton of activity when i was in that store.

Do it. Get a job at a golf store -- I'll come hang out with you all the time!

I'd like a job where I interact with the players, the designers, the rep's and a lot of customers (retailers, end-users, blogs etc). I'm in marketing and used to be quite proficient in sales.

Couple of things:
1. If we're travelling I'd like my wife and kid to be able to come along (not all the time maybe, but quite often please)
2. I'd like to be able to play a lot
3. If I can be picky: PING please :p

Smart move by them with Galaxy recently shutting it down out there, although I really didn't see a ton of activity when i was in that store.

Do it. Get a job at a golf store -- I'll come hang out with you all the time!

Haha I told Alison once she gets a job I'm going part time at kroger and part time at golf exchange! She didn't find that idea as great as I did.

A slightly different answer from me... High school golf coach. I really enjoy golf, teaching, and facilitation activities in general. However, I would want a bit of separation so that golf didn't become a "job" for me.
I loved my years as a golf coach. Absolutely awesome.

Me and my old man talk about having low responsibility jobs when we retire. He says he's mad Wal-Mart crushed his second career dreams when they stopped having greeters. I told him I want to be the guy who recharges and cleans out the golf carts.

I still feel like it's a pretty noble aspiration.

Back