The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polished the wood floors this week.
Got up last night, went to kitchen for drink of water.

My feet raised suddenly above my head, crashing the rest of my body to the floor.

Yup, I slipped, and subsequently fell.

A little sore this morning!

Ouch dude hope ur ok

My feet raised suddenly above my head, crashing the rest of my body to the floor.

That sounds extremely painful. I hope there's no real damage done.

Ouch CJ! Maybe a little good news today will make those aches go away! Hope it's not serious.

My rant is when a hotel tells you they are giving your group the "best rate" when a simple search pulls up the rooms cheaper & without having to kiss @$$ to the group person while trying to get a block. It is a seriously scummy thing to do. I struggle to trust people who tell me it's raining when pi$$ing on my shoes.

The last time I attempted to be fit for a driver I could only get about 150yds carry! I was so geeked about it. I finally took the driver I thought I wanted to a local course, got permission to run out to a specific tee box & hit a dozen shots. All carried 240, per Google map. I finally figured out I have an issue with hitting into a net & in a confined space. I do okay when hitting into a simulator, but never into a net. The mind is a terrible thing.

I had the same experience when I got on the launch monitor at Dicks for a shaft fitting. Started popping the ball straight up, or shooting it into the corners of the net.

I hadn't hit a ball in nearly 2 months at that point, but I was still mortified.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Why do batteries in smoke detectors only die at night? Stop that infernal beeping!

That is a good question...you'd think they would technically have a 2/3rds chance at dying during waking hours, but they always wait until like 2-3 AM.

I had the same experience when I got on the launch monitor at Dicks for a shaft fitting. Started popping the ball straight up, or shooting it into the corners of the net.

I hadn't hit a ball in nearly 2 months at that point, but I was still mortified.

I was the same scenario, 5 months away from last swinging a club, bad contact, whacky swing, and monitor numbers that were the most inconsistent I have ever seen.

I have never been a good in a simulator/monitor bay. Especially the one we have here, it feels very cramped, and it is almost as if I alter my swing to compensate for feeling so penned in.

Was suppose to recieve a package today from the post office but can't find it. Said it was delivered but I didn't see it out front or in the mailbox. Tried calling the post office and all I got what sounded like a fax machine. uuuggghhhh

I did my taxes last night and I'm getting back $3K less than last year. Part of it is refinancing the house a year ago and paying less interest which is fine. But this year I don't qualify for several tax credits that were in my favor last year despite AGI being relatively the same. Thanks Uncle Sam!!

I did my taxes last night and I'm getting back $3K less than last year. Part of it is refinancing the house a year ago and paying less interest which is fine. But this year I don't qualify for several tax credits that were in my favor last year despite AGI being relatively the same. Thanks Uncle Sam!!

Sounds like you did a better job of getting money withheld to me. I hate getting a ton back, I want to get as little as possible, or have to pay a little. I hate giving the government an interest-free loan on my money.

3 people killed in a mall shooting in Maryland. Kevin (T2GRN) was at the mall thankfully on the other end of the mall. So sick of seeing this stuff.

3 people killed in a mall shooting in Maryland. Kevin (T2GRN) was at the mall thankfully on the other end of the mall. So sick of seeing this stuff.

Saw that on Facebook. It's effing ridiculous this crap keeps happening.

Amen to this ^^^^^^^

I went off as a single and was paired with two twenty something's and one of their dads. They were nice enough but the dad was drinking PBR and the guys were drinking Coors Light, which is fine until they were buzzed by the 5th hole and let it affect etiquette and pace of play. Oh, and maybe cracking the cold ones at 9am when it is 35 degrees is a bit much.

I went off as a single and was paired with two twenty something's and one of their dads. They were nice enough but the dad was drinking PBR and the guys were drinking Coors Light, which is fine until they were buzzed by the 5th hole and let it affect etiquette and pace of play. Oh, and maybe cracking the cold ones at 9am when it is 35 degrees is a bit much.

Don't you dare blame pace of play and golf etiquette on delicious morning Silver Bullets!!!

Don't you dare blame pace of play and golf etiquette on delicious morning Silver Bullets!!!
It must have been the PBR then :)

They were good guys. Hell, they made sure to offer me cold ones and tried to buy me a Bloody Mary at the turn. No complaints there. But if you start doing things like mistakenly grabbing clubs out of the other person's bag it might be time to slow down :).

They were in carts and we could not keep up with the 70 year olds in front of us who were walking or ahead of the 70 year olds behind us. But WTH, they were definitely having fun :)

Having a case of intestinal distress. The thought of another bowl movement is almost enough to bring a tear to my eye.

All kinds of lights came on my dash last night so I took my car to the shop this morning. Figured, hell it's still under warranty.
A couple hours later the dealership calls & says I have some damaged wires that are causing my issues & $2400 will get me back on the road.
Quick call to my insurance people and looks like I will be covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wife wants to go shopping to replace my lost wedding ring with me because "it will be fun."

The wife wants to go shopping to replace my lost wedding ring with me because "it will be fun."

Fun as in, "Let's get you something cheap and oh while we are here we might as well upgrade my ring too." That kinda fun...

Horrible news. One of our goofy local tv stations Tweeted this afternoon "Shooting at Columbia Mall". The station is out of Columbia, MO, 30 miles from here. There is a mall down there named Columbia Mall. Needless to say, they were issuing some apologies and we effed up Tweets.

Horrible news. One of our goofy local tv stations Tweeted this afternoon "Shooting at Columbia Mall". The station is out of Columbia, MO, 30 miles from here. There is a mall down there named Columbia Mall. Needless to say, they were issuing some apologies and we effed up Tweets.

Ugh. Also sick of irresponsible "journalism"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back