WGC Accenture Match Play Bracket Competition (THP Style)

I'm in!

I'll throw in an orange Grip Master putter grip into the prize pool for 2nd or 3rd. Don't care which one.

Finally got in. Took a while to figure it out, but I'm in now. I will probably throw something in the pot as well, I just need to look around our pro shop and see what I can contribute.

I'm in!!

I'll pitch in one dozen balls for LAST PLACE. Even if you stink you can get some swag!

I'm in!!

I'll pitch in one dozen balls for LAST PLACE. Even if you stink you can get some swag!

awesome, I'll get a new headcover AND some balls!

Bump for you all, where do you want your prizes to go? Any place, you pick! 7-10 are still wide open, or feel free to add to any of the others already created!

My prize can go to 5th place if its not already taken

Sweet guys, I'm in...I'll go sign up here in a minute. Put me down for a small prize for the 9th place guy.

Kyle, throw mine to lucky #7. Also, thanks for putting this all together, sounds like it's going to be pretty fun.

I think I've got it all straight, this is the list of yet to determine place:
Something - TNTCigarguy
Balls or something - salisboss
hat - Paladin
Adams 3w - jspangs
- Bear4ever
sleeve of '13 Pro V1 - SoxFan83
- OITW
- Martsy
$25 Applebee's or Outback - Michigan Slice
- ns1189
- bhilton

Man this is going to be a blast. That prize list is an awesome show of generosity!!!!

Okay so I'll throw in 5ver of cigars to the winner as my prize

Just bought my tickets to the final round. Not a bad gig at $2 for me and my wife. :) So the hat I contribute will be from the event.

Just bought my tickets to the final round. Not a bad gig at $2 for me and my wife. :) So the hat I contribute will be from the event.

Nice! I lucked out and have a Canyon Club pass (free food/drink) for Wednesday. Am also going to practice round on Tuesday and Thursday matches. I will try to get some autographs on the Accenture hat I am contributing.

Nice! I lucked out and have a Canyon Club pass (free food/drink) for Wednesday. Am also going to practice round on Tuesday and Thursday matches. I will try to get some autographs on the Accenture hat I am contributing.
An auto hat would be an even more amazing prize.

Thank you to everyone who's donating prizes, I think this will be a ton of fun!

I am in and would like to donate a dozen Nike Power Distance Soft golf balls as a prize. Dunno where they should go on the prize list so just put them where there is a need for another prize.

Local news is reporting Tiger may not be coming to the Match Play. That would mean a field without him, Adam Scott, Justin Rose or Phil. I think the bloom is off the cactus for some of these guys due to the difficulty of the course and weather issues the past few years. Of course, the guys ranked 65-70 are probably happy. Tucson treats them well while here.

You guys all donating prizes are awesome. It's too bad some of the top guys aren't gonna play, but I always enjoy the Match Play anyway. I just wish they could do it double elimination somehow. Would take a bit of the luck out of it. Look forward to seeing how the tourney goes. Looks like lots of people in the comp so far!

Crazy amount of prizes. I think I counted about 50. :banana:

Not to stir the pot, what about considering another option for what people get? When the final count of prizes is known, maybe we let the winner pick, for example, 10 items from the list. Then, 2nd pics 7. 3rd picks 5, etc. That way the "payout" is similar to a golf tournament, where a predetermined % of the filed (1/3rd?) gets something. And, of course last place should alwasy get something. That ain't easy to do!

So, if we have 60 entries, 20 get something. Places 1-10 get a decreasing number of prizes. 11-20 get one prize each.

Crazy amount of prizes. I think I counted about 50. :banana:

Not to stir the pot, what about considering another option for what people get? When the final count of prizes is known, maybe we let the winner pick, for example, 10 items from the list. Then, 2nd pics 7. 3rd picks 5, etc. That way the "payout" is similar to a golf tournament, where a predetermined % of the filed (1/3rd?) gets something. And, of course last place should alwasy get something. That ain't easy to do!

So, if we have 60 entries, 20 get something. Places 1-10 get a decreasing number of prizes. 11-20 get one prize each.
It sounds like a fun idea, but I think since we already have quite a few people who've donated prizes and a place.

This is all we have left to place:
Balls or something - salisboss
Accenture Match Play hat - Paladin
Adams 3w - jspangs
- Bear4ever
sleeve of '13 Pro V1 - SoxFan83
- OITW
- Martsy
$25 Applebee's or Outback - Michigan Slice
- ns1189
- bhilton

If we get to the week of the tournament I'll just take a stab and placing them.

Thank you to everyone for their support, prizes and ideas. I think this week will be a ton of fun.

Im in, put me down for a prize Ill figure out soon

Go ahead and make my prize a dozen balls for 2nd place. I'm not sure what balls yet. It all depends on what I have in the shop at that time.

I heard today that Justin Rose changed his mind and is playing. Still no official word from Tiger. Obviously, his presence is always hoped for by the fans and tourney sponsors. I believe the cutoff for the top 64 is after the Pebble Beach tourney this weekend. Weather has been cooler this week. Cloudy, 40ish in the morning and low 60s in the afternoon. January weather was the 3rd warmest on record. I am hoping for some good weather (no snow!) this year.

I will give a THP Citrus putter cover as my prize.

Just read that the top 3 golfers are not participating this year, Tiger, Scott, and Phil. Kind of a bummer, but will still be fun to follow along especially with the bracket challenge going on too.

A lot of big names pulling out of this one.

Back