Clicgear Model 8.0

cpetticrew

Reaction score
Handicap
With being the avid Clicgearhead that I am I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to check out the new 8.0 for 2014. I'm really liking the 4 wheel design along with some new added features.

1044120_10151936566597057_1182931719_n.jpg

I used a four wheeled Sun Mountain in late 2012 and early 2013 and loved it. These look great. Look forward to hearing some thoughts on these.

I have a question for you who have used these or the previous model. How well can you make them work with a stand bag? I have a stand bag I like, but it doesn't always fit so well on carts. I'd prefer not to buy another bag, just get away with using one for everything. With my current cart I had to make a couple modifications to make it work. It was a cheap pull cart though.

I have a question for you who have used these or the previous model. How well can you make them work with a stand bag? I have a stand bag I like, but it doesn't always fit so well on carts. I'd prefer not to buy another bag, just get away with using one for everything. With my current cart I had to make a couple modifications to make it work. It was a cheap pull cart though.

I use a Clicgear 2.0 and a Nike Performance Cart Bag, they work flawlessly together. Until recently I just strapped my stand bag to my Clicgear and it always spun around and never stayed very secure. Now with the cart bag the bag does not budge or twist and looks like a boss.

I have a 2.0. Some stand bags work OK, and some do not. I don't think the SM 3.5 worked very well on it, but the Four5 seemed to work fine.

I use the 3.0 with the sun mountain 4/5, only thing I have to do is strap the legs in the straps and all buena.

What I did for now is add 2 velcro straps, one to each leg of the stand bag to keep it from rotating. Sounds like I would still have to do that with these. Thanks.

Want that Silver/Lime combo so badly!

I really like the design but no orange option is disapointing to me :(

I've been looking to get a cart this year and these look fantastic, the silver and blue is sweet.

I have a 3.5+ Clicgear and use a SunMountain Hybrid stand bag with no issues whatsover. They actually go quite good together, especially if you hook the straps onto the legs keeping them from extending.

I also like the looks of this 4 wheeled version. Will be looking for more info.

I have the 3.0 and use the Callaway XFT stand bag and it works great.

FWIW, I have used stand bags, cart bags, and staff bags without issues on the 3.0.

Curious to hear the benefits of the 8.0 as compared to the 3.5.

4-wheeled carts just don't appeal to me, I like the looks of the 3.5 a lot more than this model. It just seems to me that they'd be more bulky than the 3.5.

Depending on the price compared to the 3.5, that silver and lime would match my Kahma bag perfectly.... It's calling my name, but I've been having trouble pulling the trigger on a cart to replace my Sun Mountain v2, even though I hate the storage compartment and cup holder portion.

I too have the SM three 5 with a clicgear 3.5+ and they work fine together. No issues.

Interesting that they went with the four wheel style. I love my 3.5, just don't get to use it often.

I have the Sun Mountain Tour Series Cart bag for my 3.5 and it works flawlessly. I too have never been a fan of the 4 wheel carts but I know anything from clicgear is 2 steps ahead of the rest which makes me REALLY want to try one of these out. I do agree with you rj not having an orange colorway is a huge bummer since that is what my current 3.5 and bags colorway is.

Also FWIW on the clicgear facebook page they show Kendall Griffin with her White and Lime Model 8.0 so you can see roughly the size of the cart. Also they have a picture of the white model with white colored wheels and accessories added to it.

I have a Titleist 10.5 (their biggest model) and it fits on my Clic Gear 3.5 perfectly. Looks proportional and everything. Doesn't shift (providing you "clic" everything in tightly) or sway to the left or right. Hope this helped!

I have never used a cart before, do they make that much of a difference in your round?

I have never used a cart before, do they make that much of a difference in your round?

I could not walk anymore without one. Takes a lot of pressure off your back, legs and shoulders.

Are you a carry kind of guy or always riding?

Before I got my clicgear I always rode in a cart. I noticed a significant improvement in my game when I started walking with a push cart. I tend to focus a lot more on my game when I walk. Maybe because I don't want to chase my ball around as much lol. But on a serious note I was a pretty low scorer when I rode in a cart and was amazed about the amount of strokes I consistently dropped when I started walking. My wife too has a clicgear and we have one hell of a time loading our bags up with adult beverages and just having a relaxing day on the course. One last thing I would like to add these carts are a breeze to push and have great storage space love the netted area just below the scorecard and ball holder.

Are you a carry kind of guy or always riding?

Before I got my clicgear I always rode in a cart. I noticed a significant improvement in my game when I started walking with a push cart. I tend to focus a lot more on my game when I walk. Maybe because I don't want to chase my ball around as much lol. But on a serious note I was a pretty low scorer when I rode in a cart and was amazed about the amount of strokes I consistently dropped when I started walking. My wife too has a clicgear and we have one hell of a time loading our bags up with adult beverages and just having a relaxing day on the course. One last thing I would like to add these carts are a breeze to push and have great storage space love the netted area just below the scorecard and ball holder.

I've always carried, I enjoy walking any course but sometimes in the summer it's just so damn hot and I load the bag up with water which adds a ton of weight lol.

If you are a walker, it makes a huge difference. No strain on the body, and I tend to have more energy throughout the round compared to when carrying.

Okay I want the blue one with a seat. These look awesome.

Back