Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was payday yesterday for me so I am pondering all kinds of things. One big one is the orange whip and the SKLZ one everyone has been buying up lately. IDK WHAT TO DO LOL!!!!

Wedges are really personal. Just grab a bunch and start swinging! But that's with any club really. Hope you find something you like.

So true and I really feel like I club that needs to be hit outdoors in grass. I played around with bounce options at a Titleist Demo Day and it really opened my eyes to the world of bounce and how it works. I always knew how bounce worked, what it was and did, but to really first hand experience it was very eye opening. I fully agree with the play the most bounce you can comfortably play in all conditions.

It was payday yesterday for me so I am pondering all kinds of things. One big one is the orange whip and the SKLZ one everyone has been buying up lately. IDK WHAT TO DO LOL!!!!

Orange Whip is a solid investment for the swing.

I know it is but I can get the SKLZ one for $49.88 with my sears gift card. You think the orange whip is much better than the SKLZ one or have you ever tried the other.
Orange Whip is a solid investment for the swing.

Yes it's better.

I am this close to pulling the trigger on a 4-PW set of tour 90 stiff. Will soft step them in the ap1's.
I've considered this ponder myself. Just not so sure I'm ready to reshaft myself. Do the Tour 90s come in .370? If not is have to shim them as well. Yikes.

Say the orange whip has a lot of great reviews and there's alot of love for them in here. Now I just need to find the lowest priced one.
Yes it's better.

Say the orange whip has a lot of great reviews and there's alot of love for them in here. Now I just need to find the lowest priced one.

I got mine for 90 off the bay iirc, best I could find.

I will have my Orange Whip tomorrow. Cant wait to get it. Definitely going to keep it in the office and focus on using it throughout the day.

I've considered this ponder myself. Just not so sure I'm ready to reshaft myself. Do the Tour 90s come in .370? If not is have to shim them as well. Yikes.

Yep they have a parallel tip version too.

Got a bid on one on the bay for $70 right now. Suppose to be finnished tomorrow.
I got mine for 90 off the bay iirc, best I could find.

Yep they have a parallel tip version too.
Hmm, that makes it a little easier I guess. Anyone play the Tour 90s in the SpeedBlades? I've heard the stock SpeedBlades are very similar to the Tour 90s, would it be worth even changing?

I'd have a hard time paying full price to do that.

I agree. I thought the stock shafts were really a great pairing for the heads. I tinkered because I'm a natural tinkerer but I witness those shafts hold up to some big swings and spit out really nice numbers.

I'm still trying to talk myself out of $1,300 Recoils. Ha.

I'm naturally pondering a lot of MC things Cobra wise but I'm also honestly just pondering setup in general.

I think going to a 4w lofted fairway (16/17) is the smart permanent move for me in the bag and then pairing it with a 20/21/22 hybrid into the long irons is the way for me to go, the more I tinker with this setup the more I like it. The 20.5 cleveland has been nice there to see what I can do with these ideas but 22 might be perfect for me as some of the distances I see have left me in tweener land a little. Either way, fun to ponder about for sure.

Honestly, I'm seriously considering just letting my Tour Rep pick my setup for the MC, why not?

I'm naturally pondering a lot of MC things Cobra wise but I'm also honestly just pondering setup in general.

I think going to a 4w lofted fairway (16/17) is the smart permanent move for me in the bag and then pairing it with a 20/21/22 hybrid into the long irons is the way for me to go, the more I tinker with this setup the more I like it. The 20.5 cleveland has been nice there to see what I can do with these ideas but 22 might be perfect for me as some of the distances I see have left me in tweener land a little. Either way, fun to ponder about for sure.

Honestly, I'm seriously considering just letting my Tour Rep pick my setup for the MC, why not?

I may just do this and let the chips fall where they may. I trust the set-up would be just as good if not better than what is bouncing around in my head right now.

I may just do this and let the chips fall where they may. I trust the set-up would be just as good if not better than what is bouncing around in my head right now.

Seriously, it takes ego and bias out of the play for me, and I know that rep knows well what I do best with. Why not?

I would have a couple little requests, but I think it would totally make me JUST PLAY GOLF. I know some will read this and their OCD will cause them to go into convulsions and visualize me with my head spinning around and spewing pea soup, but it just simplifies things SO much.

Seriously, it takes ego and bias out of the play for me, and I know that rep knows well what I do best with. Why not?

I would have a couple little requests, but I think it would totally make me JUST PLAY GOLF. I know some will read this and their OCD will cause them to go into convulsions and visualize me with my head spinning around and spewing pea soup, but it just simplifies things SO much.

Just do to the nature of Staff sponsor day this year, I am seriously thinking about giving my rep so hard numbers and specs from a fitting. Then if he is up too it tell him to go with what he thinks and keep is a secret so I won't know until that Friday.

I can understand where you at with this. I have a question for you though as it pertains to me. If your tour rep didnt know your game. Seen you swing. Already had some of yiur strengths and weaknesses in his head from playing with you. Would you still do it?

Just do to the nature of Staff sponsor day this year, I am seriously thinking about giving my rep so hard numbers and specs from a fitting. Then if he is up too it tell him to go with what he thinks and keep is a secret so I won't know until that Friday.

My thoughts exactly, I'm leaning hard that way.

I can understand where you at with this. I have a question for you though as it pertains to me. If your tour rep didnt know your game. Seen you swing. Already had some of yiur strengths and weaknesses in his head from playing with you. Would you still do it?

NO. I would need to have more input if that was the case.

That's why you go get numbers, the numbers don't lie. My take is that then all ego is GONE and out of the equation, I like that as I've battled for 2 years not trying to get over that. Honestly, I think it would be an ideal way to do things like this, others wouldn't be able to handle not knowing but to me getting hard numbers and then letting your Tour rep and Sponsor decide what fits you best is brilliant.

That truly would make Staff Sponsor Day like Christmas morning (even more than it already is).

Im trying to make that transition from ego to easy. ( forgive the wording) I went from blades to gi and such. So I am getting there. I just am slightly timid to get some numbers from a launch monitor from one place, hand in these numbers to another person and say make me a bag. The tour rep not ever really seeing my swing or witnessing my game. To me thats hard.
As far as going in open minding and selecting clubs that are forgiving, im all for it. Just a big leap of faith...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back