The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike has succeeded in making the ugliest uniforms in history. No helmet of any team looks good with these.

Change the uniforms and rules all you want, NFL, as long as the players go half speed and nobody tackles then this game will always suck.

Nike has succeeded in making the ugliest uniforms in history. No helmet of any team looks good with these.

Change the uniforms and rules all you want, NFL, as long as the players go half speed and nobody tackles then this game will always suck.

OK so I had to take a look at the uniforms.

Agreed Penglynns. They are hideous. But at least the "game" is a little better.

Still not paying attention but I think it's funny they are still trying to call the game like a normal game. Haha

I agree with you here, but at the same time I understand the dilemma. These guys are the best in the business. These guys get very large paychecks. And their paychecks will not be affected by a poor performance in the Pro Bowl. However, their paycheck could definitely be affected by an injury in a meaningless game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When I lived less than 500 yards from Aloha Stadium, on Salt Lake Blvd., I still never had the itch to attend one of these "games".

Last time I was in Hawaii it was late January 2012 and stores were giving away Pro Bowl tickets

Last time I was in Hawaii it was late January 2012 and stores were giving away Pro Bowl tickets

Yeah. That's my point. The stadium is half empty and I could walk in for free from my place that's a three minute walk away and I still didn't go. That's what I think of the pro bowl.

I agree with you here, but at the same time I understand the dilemma. These guys are the best in the business. These guys get very large paychecks. And their paychecks will not be affected by a poor performance in the Pro Bowl. However, their paycheck could definitely be affected by an injury in a meaningless game.

Exactly. Which is why I'd almost rather there be no actual game at all. Especially now that isn't after the Super Bowl and the last "game" for seven months. At least it used to have that going for it.

Heck, stick the teams in madden and let players trade off on the controls. It might be more fun and realistic. :)

People still watch the Pro bowl?

Pro Bowl? There's a Pro Bowl?

So call them All-Pros, give them a gold star, have a beauty contest, whatever, but forget the game. I agree that it's stupid to risk injury in a game where nobody cares. The League's 2 best teams aren't even represented, there's nobody to even halfheartedly root for - what's the point?

Last edited:
I went to check the score on ESPN last night. Not a single mention of it on the front page which was hilarious. I clicked on the NFL tab and there was just a little bar up top with the score. They need to just be done with the game. I don't think anyone really cares anymore.

I went to check the score on ESPN last night. Not a single mention of it on the front page which was hilarious. I clicked on the NFL tab and there was just a little bar up top with the score. They need to just be done with the game. I don't think anyone really cares anymore.

Apparently the uniforms looked quite Oregon - esque as well.

My as well be done with that game, it's pointless. Just give "all pro" awards and say good job. The guys in the game don't even seem to be there anyway.

Apparently the uniforms looked quite Oregon - esque as well.

My as well be done with that game, it's pointless. Just give "all pro" awards and say good job. The guys in the game don't even seem to be there anyway.

I think it's difficult to get guys to care at the end of the season. They're really just out there to have fun and that typically doesn't make for good viewing. I did here it was decent game in terms of how it ended but just like in years past no one played full speed.

I actually thought the game was a lot better last night than in the last 5 years combined. It's still not real football, but there was some hitting, some sacks, and the guys seemed to be really into it. 22-21 with a 2 point conversion to win it with 30 seconds left is pretty entertaining (which is what these all-star games should be about). Call me crazy, but I think the "fantasy draft" even worked. Watching a guy sack his own quarterback, or watching a running back run over his teammate linebacker seemed to add another bit of competitiveness.

The uniforms were AWFUL though. It looked like the Oregon/Oregon St. uniforms that didn't get picked.

The score was only 22-21? In a game designed to showcase the offense?

Maybe it shows some of us aren't the only ones that suck at Fantasy Football

KG

Just Tapping Away

I think there were 6 or 7 sacks in the game. They allowed the d-line to stunt this year. Brees was on his back the whole time he was in the game.

At the NFL honors show. Pretty good! Alec Baldwin hosting. Anyways, riverboat Ron just won coach of the year. Pretty deserving I think.

And Kuechly just won defensive player of year. 2 for the Panthers.

Won't spoil any more awards
For those watching later, but a punter just made the hall of fame!

What about Walter Jones?

Won't spoil any more awards
For those watching later, but a punter just made the hall of fame!

Ray guy? If so about time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Eddie Lacy with ROY. Well deserved.

Eddie Lacy with ROY. Well deserved.

That team doesn't get 5 wins without him with losing Rodgers for as long as they did. Look out next year, that offense will be lethal everywhere if they have a good draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back