Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need more Odyssey putter in my life. Going to extend the MX 6 CS I think, I'm one who still ADORES that insert.
I am a fan of the Metal-X as well.

Need to extend my MX #7 from 33" to 36"ish

Sounds like a good Sunday project, to me.

HlXU8W9.png

I want. I just don't want to pay $100.00 for a divot repair tool.

I am a fan of the Metal-X as well.

Need to extend my MX #7 from 33" to 36"ish

Sounds like a good Sunday project, to me.

Yep, I agree. Mine is 34", haven't even had it on the course bc of that, but I think I grabbed it new for like 40.00. Would kill for a center shafted MX insert #7. Ugh.

Scratch the above, just saw the WHP #& in center shaft.

Need.

Scratch the above, just saw the WHP #& in center shaft.

Need.

I assume that was a #7 CS...yes it is beautiful, and is solidly on my MC radar.

I assume that was a #7 CS...yes it is beautiful, and is solidly on my MC radar.

Yeah, I got excited and held the shift key. Haha

I've always always always wanted a center shaft #7. I am NOT a mallet guy, but that one...it has always just called to me.

Yeah, I got excited and held the shift key. Haha

I've always always always wanted a center shaft #7. I am NOT a mallet guy, but that one...it has always just called to me.

I am a mallet guy, and have not had a #7 before, but I just do not feel right looking down at anything that is not CS anymore...curse of the SeeMore I guess.

When I hit it I was getting 1200 to 1700 spin... I normally spin my red tie about 2300 to 2700

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with the newer Cobra Baffler Hybrids? Thoughts on them? Any comparison to a Mashie+?

Anyone have any experience with the newer Cobra Baffler Hybrids? Thoughts on them? Any comparison to a Mashie+?

#Cookie is the guy to talk to. He's played the old line and the XL line now, I believe he's talked about them int he Baffler threads a bit.

When I hit it I was getting 1200 to 1700 spin... I normally spin my red tie about 2300 to 2700

Crazy. I have not loved Aldila offerings. I thought the Trinity was garbage. Looking at the specs on the green, I thought it was more or a low/mid launch and spin.

It could be due to the combo with the x2hot head... but it's lowwwwww...

Yeah check with cookie, last time I checked he really like the new one he just got.

No longer in the ponder mode. Won the bid on the J40 6 iron with the Project X 6.0. Really excited to get to work with this club for fitting purposes and just getting an overall feel for it.

Congrats man, I hope I can win my bid on the bay to. Were going to all be well acquainted with our gear before the MC.
No longer in the ponder mode. Won the bid on the J40 6 iron with the Project X 6.0. Really excited to get to work with this club for fitting purposes and just getting an overall feel for it.

I've been eying a set of Bridgestone J40 Dual Pockets on eBay. A couple of things keeping me from pulling the trigger. Shaft length and flex. Been playing DG S300's in my Hogans and I'm just not sure whether I want to go with 5.5's or 6's in the J40's. There is also a nice set with X100's. I would really like at least +1/2" on length though. Need to find somebody to help me figure out what will work best for me.

I'm pondering the hell out of insert putters. So, I made a discussion thread.

I25 irons. Hit a demo 7 iron today and it was incredible! Been thinking about them all day at work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How long have you had those Hogans?
I've been eying a set of Bridgestone J40 Dual Pockets on eBay. A couple of things keeping me from pulling the trigger. Shaft length and flex. Been playing DG S300's in my Hogans and I'm just not sure whether I want to go with 5.5's or 6's in the J40's. There is also a nice set with X100's. I would really like at least +1/2" on length though. Need to find somebody to help me figure out what will work best for me.

I had Hogans a long time ago and re-shafted some heads last year. So soft. Love them. I would say to try the Test Drive program for the J40 irons. It should clear up the shaft flex question for you and you can buy from an informed position.

JM

About 10 years. They are incredible feeling clubs on well struck shots. The very definition of butter. Just want to try something with less face offset.

How long have you had those Hogans?

About 10 years. They are incredible feeling clubs on well struck shots. The very definition of butter. Just want to try something with less face offset.

Man if you got a new iron set now I bet you could see some great improvements.

I had a set of J40s with PX6.0 in them and they were great. My driver swing speed is in the upper 90s with a few into the low 100s. For comparison, I tried the KBS C Tapers in stiff and they were a little stout. I had trouble getting full load and lost about 10 yds of distance unless I swung full tilt on every shot. I would assume that the C tapers would be in line with the X100s.

Just my experiences anyway, not sure if it helped to make the decision any easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back