Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Smartsquare ans SuperStroke mid slim 2.0 is so money!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Agreed, thats why I did it.

#alienface

Yes it is. Was pretty happy Kang when I received yours that it was on there. Don't think I'll ever have a putter with out one. Does anyone on tour currently use a smart square putter?

Do you currently have a smart square or have used one?

I've rolled it twice at golfsmith for a few hours. Loved everything about it

And I usually like oversized grips

It is my putter list for the MC haha. Center shafted Smart Square. 35 or 34 inches. That's the only thing I'm not sure of - length

Mine is at 70* so it's right at my 68-70* zone where I've been fit to.

I did roll a regular SS at the store today, 70 Degrees just feels right with my Pat Obrien style setup. I will wait to see what config options are available on MC setup. The 400 gram head feels right on the CB version I have. So the ideal combo may be what the other here are doing heavier head and 36 inches or so with SS grip.

I guess I could do close to what Jman is doing for my current gamer--just cut mine from 39 down to 36 and put a SS on it and adjust to 70 lie angle

I did roll a regular SS at the store today, 70 Degrees just feels right with my Pat Obrien style setup. I will wait to see what config options are available on MC setup. The 400 gram head feels right on the CB version I have. So the ideal combo may be what the other here are doing heavier head and 36 inches or so with SS grip.

I guess I could do close to what Jman is doing for my current gamer--just cut mine from 39 down to 36 and put a SS on it and adjust to 70 lie angle
You have the almost-belly version?

You have the almost-belly version?

yes, Love the weight--and I can adjust to its lie angle by standing closer--just don't like adjusting my setup to fit the putter.

yes, Love the weight--and I can adjust to its lie angle by standing closer--just don't like adjusting my setup to fit the putter.
Understandable, for sure. The Almost Belly T-Frame was a game changer for me, and I figured this one would be the same for a lot of folks. Playing a 39" putter does take some getting used to though.

Understandable, for sure. The Almost Belly T-Frame was a game changer for me, and I figured this one would be the same for a lot of folks. Playing a 39" putter does take some getting used to though.

I should have gone 38 originally, I just wanted it on release day :) The 39 is just a bit too much at 72* for me.

Gotta roll with what works...and the feedback in here has been primarily positive

It's amazing to me how well the squares really do frame the ball. I've said it before, but I was a naysayer early on. I thought it was a weak attempt to modify another proven alignment method. Then I read about some of the positive experiences on here. Then I rolled it for myself. I walked out of Golfsmith shocked and VERY EXCITED.

It's amazing to me how well the squares really do frame the ball. I've said it before, but I was a naysayer early on. I thought it was a weak attempt to modify another proven alignment method. Then I read about some of the positive experiences on here. Then I rolled it for myself. I walked out of Golfsmith shocked and VERY EXCITED.
I think most people saw the marketing ideas behind the Smart Square putter and brushed it off as a cheap attempt to pull off something that has already been done. However, it is COMPLETELY different than the 2ball setup, and is designed to be completely different.

The squares work, the dual alignment method is fantastic if you take the time to work with it and utilize what is given to you.

It may not be the prettiest putter on the market, but it just works.

I think most people saw the marketing ideas behind the Smart Square putter and brushed it off as a cheap attempt to pull off something that has already been done. However, it is COMPLETELY different than the 2ball setup, and is designed to be completely different.

The squares work, the dual alignment method is fantastic if you take the time to work with it and utilize what is given to you.

It may not be the prettiest putter on the market, but it just works.

Squares are definitely greater than circles. People guffawed at that, but its damn true IMO.

Just bought me a smart square 36.5" and 400 gram head on ebay. Apparently somebody liked you guys' settings until they tried them out. I paid $66 plus $12 shipping so it should be an inexpensive test. Having played with the counterbalanced Seemore last year that added length of the shaft should counter that heavier head, although I tend to gravitate to heavier head putters. Thought it would be a cheap winter. Instead I've added both Cleveland Smart Sole wedges, a Seemore Si3, this putter, and a Callaway 3 Deep. Speaking of deep, we just got 3-5 inches of snow this week so golf is still 2 months away. Ughhhhhh.

Just bought me a smart square 36.5" and 400 gram head on ebay. Apparently somebody liked you guys' settings until they tried them out. I paid $66 plus $12 shipping so it should be an inexpensive test. Having played with the counterbalanced Seemore last year that added length of the shaft should counter that heavier head, although I tend to gravitate to heavier head putters. Thought it would be a cheap winter. Instead I've added both Cleveland Smart Sole wedges, a Seemore Si3, this putter, and a Callaway 3 Deep. Speaking of deep, we just got 3-5 inches of snow this week so golf is still 2 months away. Ughhhhhh.

Good thing you can carpet putt huh? Yes, this winter needs to scram. Hope you enjoy the Smart Square...as you have read, it's been a hit here. The dual axis alignment works so well for so many.

You're going to love it dude. It's really revolutionary

Nice setup, Haggis.

That is the exact setup I am rolling mine at right now. 36.5" and 400g. It's a great combination.

I have had very little luck with the Almost Belly SS in the store. The 39" putter is just about anchored to my chin though (not much of an exaggeration).

I agree with others though...the squares work 100% better than the circles at framing the ball/line.

I have had very little luck with the Almost Belly SS in the store. The 39" putter is just about anchored to my chin though (not much of an exaggeration).

I agree with others though...the squares work 100% better than the circles at framing the ball/line.

I get the 36.5" I am rolling right now would setup else for you.

I have to say I had some high hopes for this putter. I really thought this was going to be the putter I was going to buy and really work on with my putting but it just didn't feel very good when I worked with it yesterday. I will agree with Jman, the squares are so much better than circles, but I absolutely hate the way the ball felt coming off the face. When it comes to putting I am a 100% feel person and I tried and tried to get used to this putter but just couldn't. I probably hit about 100 balls with it alone because I wanted I love the concept of the squares and how well they work for alignment but I couldn't over come the feel of it. Really wish I could have!!

Back