#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Hmmmm I wonder when a birdie is going to chirp about who our Callaway teammates are going to be? Talk about firing up the old twitter smack talking this would do it. :D
You can initiate the twitter chatter.... I'm sure you'll get some response.

You can initiate the twitter chatter.... I'm sure you'll get some response.

Yea but who other than Chad and Harry can we chatter with, that are for sure participating in the King? :confused2:

Finley would be a good place to start.

Who here is going to seek out assistance in the form of a lesson or two before the big event?

I can tell you for a fact you are going to want to play good golf when you are part of a team and we hope everybody will be peaking at the right time. Obviously weather will play a role here but indoor lessons are out there.

Who here is going to seek out assistance in the form of a lesson or two before the big event?

I can tell you for a fact you are going to want to play good golf when you are part of a team and we hope everybody will be peaking at the right time. Obviously weather will play a role here but indoor lessons are out there.

i'll be lucky if i swing a club before then, another 9" of snow today..... i highly doubt i'll be anywhere close to peaking in April. i may do indoor golf but it does absolutely nothing for my game. i have scheduled a seemore SPI lesson but again i need the snow to melt before i can meet with my instructor for that.

I was checking out Freddie's tip of the month and he was hitting a 5i into a par 4 hole from 190ish which tells me it's got to be a long hole. If he's hitting a 5i, I would probably be hitting a 2 hybrid pending wind conditions. :bulgy-eyes: He may have been playing the tips but it still has to be a pretty stout hole. Boys we better be geared up for two long courses for the King. For some of you guys like Buckjob and Golf4life, it won't matter but for this old boy it's gonna be a challenge to say the least. My home course is 6700 yards from the tips so maybe I need to get my arse back there to prep for this show down. :D

My 5i is my 190-200 club too. My only issue is that even after hitting it 190 from 190 out, I often still find myself 20 yards away from the green...

I'm confident that 5 irons into par 4's are not my specialty! But whatever it takes!

I have to imagine you guys will play both courses come April. The National is in great shape right now and will be spectacular when you arrive. It's the fun course out of the two.

From the info that I could find, the International looks to be the tougher of the two courses. It will be such a pleasure to play a course that's in great shape again...it's been a few months.

I don't know if we should start a separate travel thread or not, to avoid filing this one with travel talk. The MC guys made one, but they have 40 guys...

Anyways, I'm assuming everyone that's flying in is flying into the MCO airport? Or anyone flying into the Sanford airport, or any other one?

My 5i is about a 175 club, so I feel y'all on the distance concerns. But my hybrids are some of my best clubs, so not to fear! 200 is no problem :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I don't know if we should start a separate travel thread or not, to avoid filing this one with travel talk. The MC guys made one, but they have 40 guys...

Anyways, I'm assuming everyone that's flying in is flying into the MCO airport? Or anyone flying into the Sanford airport, or any other one?

MCO here. Allegiant flies direct from Knoxville to Sanford but it was actually cheaper and more convenient for me to drive to Nashville and fly to MCO instead.

Last edited:
I'm looking at MCO as well. Probably a really early flight Friday and something like 8:30pm on Sunday.

What day and time are you getting in/going out sparks?

Maybe still a tad early since there's a good number of us who haven't booked, but trying to plan transportation from/to the airport. If flight times are close might be able to split.

I'm still looking and hoping for Thursday/Monday flights. SkiBum, I know you were getting in at 11 something Thursday. The Thursday flight I'm looking at now gets in just after 9 at MCO. If I get that one, I'd definitely be up for waiting and splitting a taxi or hopping on a shuttle together. Not exactly sure how it works down there...

The flight Monday I'm looking at now is just after 11 am.

Does anyone know the latest we should get in/the earliest we can leave yet?

I'm looking at flights arriving in MCO Thursday night around 7:30, not sure on the departing flight yet but most likely Monday am

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Does anyone know the latest we should get in/the earliest we can leave yet?

Itinerary not yet released. I wouldn't get in past 3 Friday or plan to leave before 8 Sunday just due to how long it takes to get thru baggage and security and such as well as traffic. 8pm flight = leave course by like 5pm probably.

Has anyone seen Harry's recent avatar on twitter?!

One point for Team Chad!

#cusenation #beatduke #epic #rivalrybegins! :)

He looks so scrawny in that picture. And that is coming from someone rooting for Harry.

Holy schnikees, bob alpha is in at golfsmith. Will report back later.

I have the app downloaded on my phone and have gone over the 2 courses quite a few times already. Can't wait to get down there and see it in person.

Back