This time 7 years ago today the wife went into labor and I had to wake up a neighbor to watch our son as we raced off to the hospital. The rest of the country got the Super Bowl and we got a daughter. I was nervous about having a girl. It has been a complete and total blessing. Happy birthday to my daughter.

Happy birthday to your daughter! :cake:

So my daughter turns 5 this week, she'll start kindergarten this year, and her bday gift was getting her ears pierced. I officially feel old, I remember bringing her home from the hospital after a brief stay in the NICU. Boy they grow up fast!

This is our last week of ever having a 1 year old. Our youngest Harper turns 2 on the 10th. Bittersweet.

A week later Ryan turns 3 on the 17th. He's having his first real party. Wants his preschool classmates to come over to play.

Love those February birthdays. My baby girl will be one on the 20th. Time flies. First year was a challenge, just like the first one, but every day is better. I'm loving the family and glad we had a second one. It's harder, but a good feeling that can't really be described.

Love those February birthdays. My baby girl will be one on the 20th. Time flies. First year was a challenge, just like the first one, but every day is better. I'm loving the family and glad we had a second one. It's harder, but a good feeling that can't really be described.

Early congrats to everyone on the coming February birthdays.

Hawk - things get a lot easier with the 2nd one when she ages enough that the two of them share interests and play together. Of course the dynamic changes at that point to constantly dealing with their fighting.

Yea that will be an unwelcome development lol. Right now she just thinks her brother is the coolest and funniest person on the planet.

I didn't realize our daughters were so close in age. You probably told me and I forgot. My youngest turns 1 in 3/25.

My youngest also thinks her older sister is just so cool and hilarious. I can't always agree with that sentiment.

Yea that will be an unwelcome development lol. Right now she just thinks her brother is the coolest and funniest person on the planet.
My youngest also thinks her older sister is just so cool and hilarious. I can't always agree with that sentiment.
It starts as soon as the youngest one learns to articulate the thought "mine" :)

It starts as soon as the youngest one learns to articulate the thought "mine" :)

Oh I hate that stage. Still going through it. Now add the little one... Many corners shall be occupied in my house.

Tomorrow, I get to take my six-year old to the Seahawks Superbowl Parade! I work in downtown Seattle so hopefully we can find a spot to watch and celebrate the LOB!

Afterwards, we'll go play 18 holes, provided the greens aren't completely frozen.

I can't imagine a better day...

Wow, Kyle, you are old! How did that happen?

To all of you with young ones who adore older ones, I'm in the same boat and it is so awesome! My daughter loves my son and he can get her out of even the deepest fit. I don't want that to go away ever, but I'm sure it will... :(

Wow, Kyle, you are old! How did that happen?

To all of you with young ones who adore older ones, I'm in the same boat and it is so awesome! My daughter loves my son and he can get her out of even the deepest fit. I don't want that to go away ever, but I'm sure it will... :(
It's amazing how quick they grow!

But then they can join me on the course. It has it's advantages.

Wow lots of February birthdays! My son's is coming up as well.

Early congrats to everyone on the coming February birthdays.

Hawk - things get a lot easier with the 2nd one when she ages enough that the two of them share interests and play together. Of course the dynamic changes at that point to constantly dealing with their fighting.

You never know: My two oldest are like best friends for the most part (She's 17 & a senior & he's 15 & a freshman). They've always been close. A few squabbles now & then, but not the outright dislike or disinterest I've seen in some (realatives') families.

Does it annoy anyone else when your parents or in laws "parent" your kids while you're there?

My mother in law watches our kids Wed-Fri at our house, which I really appreciate. It saves us a good amount of money. I understand that she has to be the enforcer during those days and "parent" the kids. But when I get home it always takes her a little bit to leave. During that time she continues to "parent" my kids like I'm not even there. It drives me nuts, especially with things she does differently than me or my wife. She does it a little bit too even if we're all just together in general. Maybe it's just because she annoys me a little bit in general...

To be honest, I don't mind it. My mother in law has chewed out my kids in front of my wife and I, and if she saw them doing something I missed, I don't have a problem with it.

But I also get along with my mother in law just fine :)

My sister in law, on the other hand...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Oh if she sees something that I missed then I'm ok with it. But I'll be talking and interacting with my daughter, and she'll be away from us just watching. Then jump in and say things before I have a chance, or things I don't care about.

Ah ok. That's different than I was thinking, and yes that would drive me nuts too.

This dude is 1 today! Can't believe it.

Cute little guy, drp. Amazing how fast time goes when you add kids to the mix.

3.5 inches = worst Feburary Portland snow storm in 20 years (actually it's the first time I ever remember it happening) ... but the kids are happy ... no school and they get to play in the white stuff
dy8ubene.jpg

u9yquve4.jpg

7ajapume.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cute little guy, drp. Amazing how fast time goes when you add kids to the mix.

That's for sure. Just glad we're done with the baby stage for good :D

Back