How to play a downhill lie with a long iron, Panda Video tip

Great video Freddie, thanks for putting these together!

Great video Freddie. I've always heard that on a downhill lie it's effectively going to deloft the club so you can go with a higher lofted club and still hit the intended distance, so I'm curious why if a 6 iron normally worked you would go with a 5 iron? Not questioning the results, just trying to understand your advice vs what I've heard in the past.

I thought the exact same thing. It goes to show though that people see and play shots very differently.

Great tip Freddie, and I love the video tip of the month idea. And I also love you mentioned this is a hole that will be played in #TheKing. Might get a chance to use this exact tip at the same spot!

:act-up:Good tips.,..also maybe buy a utility club. Easier and more forgiving than a long iron...

Thi will be one of holes played in the king and is only 3 months old. The green has sneaky breaks. I miss read the first putt and had a 10' back up the hill for par. I'll always take a putt over a chip any day

What hole # is it Freddie and if you're hitting your 2nd shot with a 5i, it must be a pretty long par 4 :bulgy-eyes:

:act-up:Good tips.,..also maybe buy a utility club. Easier and more forgiving than a long iron...

I appreciate the input but the video is specific to long iron play off a down hill lie. A utility back in the stance would in fact be more difficult based on the design of the club and wouldn't produce the low shot I intended by putting back in my stance.

What hole # is it Freddie and if you're hitting your 2nd shot with a 5i, it must be a pretty long par 4 :bulgy-eyes:

It's #11 on the National, brand new hole that plays 440 from the blue and I was hitting into a nice breeze. The sun was in my eyes and I missed it on the heel all while a band played in my back swing :D

Awesome tip Freddie. Most amateur golfer's tend to struggle with this type of shot. Great idea for a monthly video tip.

It's #11 on the National, brand new hole that plays 440 from the blue and I was hitting into a nice breeze. The sun was in my eyes and I missed it on the heel all while a band played in my back swing :D

Dang buddy, I know your good but to have a marching band follow you around the course is hawt stuff :guitar::thumb:.

Great tip Freddie, and I love the video tip of the month idea. And I also love you mentioned this is a hole that will be played in #TheKing. Might get a chance to use this exact tip at the same spot!

The nod to the King was by design, THP on the brain.

Great tip and video Freddie. This shot reminds me of the one you had against Jeff and I at the Gauntlet...the hole that promoted my "I'm just not F'n saying it anymore" response.

I think I'm going to like this section of the Forum A LOT.

Thanks Freddie, I missed this yesterday but what a great tip. I like the idea of a video of the month featuring a tip from the Panda. :thumb;

excellent video tip Freddie. My home course has undulating fairways and I will end up with this exact shot multiple times a round. I will try it this way next time out as I haven't had too much success my way in the past. Also, thanks for the tip about the green for #TheKing!

Freddie

Just a suggestion for your next tip.. how about the ball below the feet? I really struggle still with this one.

Maybe you should have a suggestion "box" !

Great tip and video. Thanks for taking so much of your personal time to share your experience. Keep the info coming!

Freddie

Just a suggestion for your next tip.. how about the ball below the feet? I really struggle still with this one.

Maybe you should have a suggestion "box" !

I will get this done for you.

Back