Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

Credit card is in my hand....

Enablers.

You're welcome.

Full Disclosure: We all get steak knives if you buy the Alpha and the BB. Forged steak knives.

Yeah. The stiff was noodlely for me. You're much smoother than I am. It should fit you much better.

Same here. I'm sure if you changed out the head weights you could reduce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized after I posted that it might have been the debar thing I've said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debar? I don't mind my man. All thoughts are welcome.

And I've said much dumber.

Are the people buying the Alpha also testing the regular Big Bertha or merely fascinated with the gravity core?

Are the people buying the Alpha also testing the regular Big Bertha or merely fascinated with the gravity core?

I hit both pretty extensively.

The BB is an awesome driver. Very, very easy to hit, and it hits the ball a long way. I also think the adjustability of the BB will work for a lot more people than the adjustability of the Alpha.

But, for me, the Alpha just worked better.

The spin and launch numbers were better for me in the Alpha with the stock shafts (which are the only options for #TheKing). I'm sure I could make the regular Bertha work for me with the right shaft and ball. The regular Bertha is a great club. Great sound, great forgiveness and the best ball speed numbers I've seen this year.

I hit both pretty extensively.

The BB is an awesome driver. Very, very easy to hit, and it hits the ball a long way. I also think the adjustability of the BB will work for a lot more people than the adjustability of the Alpha.

But, for me, the Alpha just worked better.

I believe your exact words going from the BB to the BBA were "Oh my. It can get better?"

Something to that effect.

Appreciate the feedback , I love the concept of the Alpha but I love forgiveness more. Cant wait to try both of these out.

Appreciate the feedback , I love the concept of the Alpha but I love forgiveness more. Cant wait to try both of these out.

For sure try both, but the Alpha does have a good amount of forgiveness. More up and down on the face. Lateral misses could be penal.

It was a short session, but the Alpha seemed just as forgiving as my G25.

I tested both, I prefer the deeper face of the Alpha, my miss is more vertical on the face so the deeper face gives me more forgiveness where I tend to miss than the Bertha. Both performed very well for me, but my misses are helped more by the Alpha.

I tested both, I prefer the deeper face of the Alpha, my miss is more vertical on the face so the deeper face gives me more forgiveness where I tend to miss than the Bertha. Both performed very well for me, but my misses are helped more by the Alpha.

Exactly as to why I was fit for the Alpha in Carlsbad

Debar? I don't mind my man. All thoughts are welcome.

And I've said much dumber.

I hate technology sometimes. Debar. ...lol

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Wow! This driver has legs! I spent a good bit of time hitting it at the range here. My settings are -1 on the hosel which is 8.5 according to the fitters in California. 7g in the heel, 1 g on the toe is where is settled. Gravity core down works well for me. I have the Fubuki alpha 60 X shaft in my driver. Which is not standard driver shafts but is available in the custom section on the Callaway Website. Dispersion on was very tight for me. I hit 25 do 30 balls inside the fairway lines I had drawn. Distance was pretty staggering really. I was flying it the total distance of the Xhot Pro 8.5 with the Miyazaki B.Asha 5x. I was able to get some launch monitor numbers while there, however I can speak for accuracy of their launch monitor.

Numbers were
114mph club head speed, 167 ball speed, 2750 spin, with a 14 degree launch angle. All very solid numbers for my swing, and are on par with the numbers I saw in California.

I'm totally excited about having this in my golf bag. The first time I've ever had clubs that were fitted for me, including the Driver. With the Alpha and the BB a fitting is critical.

That driver should be illegal, Kevin! Hell! It snuck through customs unlike the rest of ours so it probably is illegal! Haha

I called UPS and had them hold yours up.....kidding of course.

For all my Jersey THPers....anyone know where they have the demos? I'm hoping that they have some when I go to Club Champion on Friday.

Wow! This driver has legs! I spent a good bit of time hitting it at the range here. My settings are -1 on the hosel which is 8.5 according to the fitters in California. 7g in the heel, 1 g on the toe is where is settled. Gravity core down works well for me. I have the Fubuki alpha 60 X shaft in my driver. Which is not standard driver shafts but is available in the custom section on the Callaway Website. Dispersion on was very tight for me. I hit 25 do 30 balls inside the fairway lines I had drawn. Distance was pretty staggering really. I was flying it the total distance of the Xhot Pro 8.5 with the Miyazaki B.Asha 5x. I was able to get some launch monitor numbers while there, however I can speak for accuracy of their launch monitor.

Numbers were
114mph club head speed, 167 ball speed, 2750 spin, with a 14 degree launch angle. All very solid numbers for my swing, and are on par with the numbers I saw in California.

I'm totally excited about having this in my golf bag. The first time I've ever had clubs that were fitted for me, including the Driver. With the Alpha and the BB a fitting is critical.

Man, you are taking some CUTS at that!! Awesome.

Numbers were

Those numbers are awesome

Those numbers are awesome
I'm planning on doing some more work at Golftec with this soon to validate what I was seeing at the range. But I will say that this driver is hot off the face. Dispersion was very very good. I had a couple misses out on the toe a little bit, some loss of distance as expected, and a little more right to left than those struck pure. But all of them would of been easily playable.

I find myself so torn on what to do. Almost everyone I see get fit for this driver and even the BB seems to end up with a different shaft than what is offered as a stock option. So I guess I am asking if you guys can advise me on the best course of action. I am for sure set on either BB or BBA. Here is the kicker though, I have no means of being fit the way you guys have been. I completely understand that a fitting is the best way to go but without being able to be fit can any of you guys give me an educated guess on the best course of action to take when selecting a set-up as far as head and shaft combo goes?

Back