Hybrid Advise, Mashie or XTD

I personally loved the Mashie. Can you give some info about your swing? Ball flight?

Those are two very different hybrids.

How so, if you can elaborate? Don't know a lot about hybrids. I have hit the XTD and it is easy to hit from the deck. [
QUOTE=Hawk;2778387]Those are two very different hybrids.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in hitting the mashie PM me your address and you can try it out. 18* stiff

Are you talking the new XTD or the old one? Not that it really matters I guess.

Mashie has rails on the bottom (mashie+ also has a center keel). It's very lightweight - shaft is like 50g. Pretty draw biased.

XTD has the flat sole, probably a little less forgiving, not so draw weighted. Heavy shaft in the 70-80g range.

I have only hit the old XTD so probably the older model. I am intrigued by the Mashie largely due to the Miyazaki shaft. I like the lite shafts.

If you're looking at the Mashie, I'd suggest the 2012 version (Mashie+).

In my opinion the Mashie will probably be the easier of the two to hit.

Id go mashie as long as you aren't a hooker, they are dirt cheap too

The XTD will be longer the mashie will be easier to hit off the deck

I'm definately not a hooker, I could use a little left turn in my swing. Sounds like the Mashie is getting the votes for hitting from the deck and rough.
Thanks All for the advise.
Id go mashie as long as you aren't a hooker, they are dirt cheap too

I am a big Mashie fan. So easy to hit from the fairway!

Mashie is a big help for the player that misses right.

Hawk is right. Two pretty different animals here.

The Mashie is the easy to hit from anywhere, light shafted option. Looking at more offset, though not in a bad way.

XTD from my experience is not hard to hit from the fairway or rough, but in comparison to the Mashie, is the hard to get airborne. Depending on what loft you are looking for and what your usage will be, the XTD is a monster off the tee.

Hawk is flat out nailing it on this thread. Here's how I'd view it based on best to worst:

Turf interaction:
Mashie+
Mashie
Old XTD

Ball speed off the face:
XTD
Mashie/Mashie+

Left bias:
Mashie
Mashie+
Old XTD (I think this might even be open)

Launch angle (high to low):
Mashie/Mashie+
Old XTD

Handicap target (high to low):
Mashie
Mashie+
Old XTD

Finish durability:
Mashie/Mashie+
Old XTD

Shaft whippiness:
Mashie/Mashie+
Old XTD

Honestly, I don't see the old XTD and the Mashie in the same class. The Mashie is more like the Tour Edge Trilogy or Cobra Baffler T.

I have the Mashie+ and love it. FWIW I pretty much agree with everything that has already been said in this thread about that club.

I'm definately not a hooker, I could use a little left turn in my swing. Sounds like the Mashie is getting the votes for hitting from the deck and rough.
Thanks All for the advise.

If that is the case I would definitely go mashie. Save you some money and get an awesome club to boot.
The shaft in these is amazing as well IMO. The F5 is still one of my favorite clubs

Thanks all, I picked up a Mashie plus 20.5 at Global Golf for $25 + shipping. I really like the Miyazaki shaft in these. Thanks for the advice.
If that is the case I would definitely go mashie. Save you some money and get an awesome club to boot.
The shaft in these is amazing as well IMO. The F5 is still one of my favorite clubs

Thanks all, I picked up a Mashie plus 20.5 at Global Golf for $25 + shipping. I really like the Miyazaki shaft in these. Thanks for the advice.

Very nice pickup, lots of love for the Mashie's around here still, and I agree, solid shaft offering for sure. Enjoy it!

Tough to beat that price for a solid club..well done

The Mashie M4 is my favorite club in my bag. I really like the offset look on address, so much so that I'm debating whether to swap out my Classic H3 for an M3. Since they can be had for so cheap now, it won't be one of those decisions that hurts the wallet. The raw finish is growing on me too.

Back