Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Question for AFW: I've heard that these play a little stiffer than steel. I know that there are many variables in shaft performance, especially since following Dan And #Cookie on their excellent Loft Up Taylormade adventure, but did you notice any change in distance or trajectory? Just wondering.

JM

Question for AFW: I've heard that these play a little stiffer than steel. I know that there are many variables in shaft performance, especially since following Dan And #Cookie on their excellent Loft Up Taylormade adventure, but did you notice any change in distance or trajectory? Just wondering.

JM
I play my DPC in firm (5.5 px shaft) and these AEROTECH are regular. I did not notice the difference in stiffness at all, but I did notice how much smother they felt. I can't say if they play stiffer than the steel, but I loved the ball flight these produced today. The transition seemed to flow much better for me today. Now that is partly my crummy swing right now, as the steel shafts were deadly accurate when I first started playing them last spring. The lack of hitting any balls lately and the bum left elbow is causing me some discomfort. These graphite shafts produced some very nice mid high ball flights for me all day. I can't think of a single shot with them that I was not happy with. I think I hit one shot (first shot) today with my steel shafted irons and the pain was immediate. After switching to Cookie's clubs, the ball flight looked great and the distance was a touch farther, but completely manageable. I flew one green, that I thought I would be center green. That was the second shot that comes to mind that REALLY impressed me.

Last edited:
This is good to hear. I'm a R flex guy too. Maybe I can take a couple of cuts at the Adams event? Really appreciate the reply and these shafts will enter the ponder.....

This is good to hear. I'm a R flex guy too. Maybe I can take a couple of cuts at the Adams event? Really appreciate the reply and these shafts will enter the ponder.....

I believe we should have a few choices of DPC to swing at the event. You are more than welcome to swing anything I have. The graphite are cookie's, but I don't think he would mind.

This will be exciting!

Thanks!

JM

Testdrive package due to arrive on wednesday! Too bad nothing but cold and snow forecasted for the next week here...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Testdrive package due to arrive on wednesday! Too bad nothing but cold and snow forecasted for the next week here...

Booooooo!

For those of you playing with the PX Flighted shafts, are they 'softer' than the normal PX shafts?

I'm about to pick up a mint set with the PX 6.0s and I was fitted and played KBS Tour Stiffs soft stepped before.

Due to "adverse weather conditions" my testdrive package is somewhere in kansas... it was in colorado but I guess the driver decided " f$#! this weather, ill go to another state..."

Testdrive package out for delivery! Cannot wait

Which package did you order, what's coming to you?

From the email it seems 30 days from order. Im going to contact them and see if they can extend a bit since late delivery. That way I can bring them to Dallas

Dpc irons
5i and 9i kbs ctaper x
5i and 9i dg x100
Sweet. Don't sleep on the stock PXs. I was skeptical - actually bought replacement shafts - then ended up liking them a lot.

Sweet. Don't sleep on the stock PXs. I was skeptical - actually bought replacement shafts - then ended up liking them a lot.

I have hit the px shafts in couple different heads. Definitely not sleeping on them

Question for the MC'rs that are using the Test Drive program. Are you going to base you ultimate decision on normal stuff - feel and what you experience at the range? Or are you going to get these on a LM, record the numbers, Test Drive other clubs and create an inventory of results that you ultimately pick from?

Question for the MC'rs that are using the Test Drive program. Are you going to base you ultimate decision on normal stuff - feel and what you experience at the range? Or are you going to get these on a LM, record the numbers, Test Drive other clubs and create an inventory of results that you ultimately pick from?

Ill for sure be recording numbers and saving them to hand over to my tour rep. With the possibility of getting a real fitting with these clubs looking slim to none, I think this is my best option

Ill for sure be recording numbers and saving them to hand over to my tour rep. With the possibility of getting a real fitting with these clubs looking slim to none, I think this is my best option

I think thats the best route to go based on the options at your disposal

I hope to get them on an LM and write down numbers, but I'm also going to get them on the course to see how they work for me in a live setting. I imagine the numbers will match with on course experience, but if not I'll side with the numbers.

Going to rack up a hefty postage bill on the test drive program.

Here are some side by side pics of the DPC and Mp54
9 irons. Mizzys on the left on all pics
by7ujate.jpg
a4aqade9.jpg
vequja6a.jpg

The DPC is a slightly longer blade length. Sole and top lines are very similar in thickness. While I dont have number to back it up (I will tomorrow) I think these will play/feel very similar

5 iron
upusyteh.jpg
mybysuzu.jpg
ege3use7.jpg

Again very similar thickness in the soles and top lines. However the DPC blade length is significantly longer. Very much more noticeable than the 9 iron comparisons. I can see the DPC being more forgiving toward the toe (my main miss). Also noticed the leading edge of the DPCs are cambered and possibly help on the bit chunkier shots. I look forward to the comparisons on performance on a monitor tomorrow. I will be hitting 5i and 9i in the following clubs and report back with numbers I saw:
DPC 5i and 9i dg x100
DPC 5i and 9i kbs c taper x
Mizuno MP54 5i and 9i kbs tour 130x
Callaway apex pro 5i and 9i kbs tour-v 120x

Here are some side by side pics of the DPC and Mp54
9 irons. Mizzys on the left on all pics
by7ujate.jpg
a4aqade9.jpg
vequja6a.jpg

The DPC is a slightly longer blade length. Sole and top lines are very similar in thickness. While I dont have number to back it up (I will tomorrow) I think these will play/feel very similar

5 iron
upusyteh.jpg
mybysuzu.jpg
ege3use7.jpg

Again very similar thickness in the soles and top lines. However the DPC blade length is significantly longer. Very much more noticeable than the 9 iron comparisons. I can see the DPC being more forgiving toward the toe (my main miss). Also noticed the leading edge of the DPCs are cambered and possibly help on the bit chunkier shots. I look forward to the comparisons on performance on a monitor tomorrow. I will be hitting 5i and 9i in the following clubs and report back with numbers I saw:
DPC 5i and 9i dg x100
DPC 5i and 9i kbs c taper x
Mizuno MP54 5i and 9i kbs tour 130x
Callaway apex pro 5i and 9i kbs tour-v 120x

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Kang. I think based on these pictures the DPC soles are thinner than the CBs.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Kang. I think based on these pictures the DPC soles are thinner than the CBs.

From what I have seen on the interwebz cb sole is a bit thicker... bit more mass behind the sweet spot? I wonder which is higher launching between the two

From what I have seen on the interwebz cb sole is a bit thicker... bit more mass behind the sweet spot? I wonder which is higher launching between the two

Agreed. It will be interesting to see for sure. Seems the blade size on these are a bit larger as well.

Looking forward to additional info on these clubs. The funds have been allocated, I'm just in a holding pattern. Man I like the clean uncluttered look!

Back