Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
Look what showed up at my door today! I will be doing a full review on the new Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons. I've been chasing down spy pics and any and all info I could find on these from the second I found out about them. Bridgestone first offered the dual pocket cavity in their J38 line last year, I demoed them at THP Demo Days and a few other places. Those were great and from what I'm seeing so far the J40 should not disappoint in any way. Here are some pics and a quick video, stay tuned to this thread as I will update often as I work through my testing for this review. So far...one word comes to mind. GORGEOUS!

IMAG0221.jpg

Project X Flighted Rifle Shafts come standard
IMAG0222.jpg

Stock Golf Pride Tour Velvet Grip
IMAG0227.jpg

View of the cavity
IMAG0223.jpg

Closer look of the dual pocket cavity
IMAG0224.jpg

Face of the PW
IMAG0225.jpg

PW at address
IMAG0226.jpg

Sole of 8 iron
IMAG0229.jpg

8 iron at address
IMAG0228.jpg

5 iron
IMAG0231.jpg

5 iron at address
IMAG0230.jpg

Face of 5 iron
IMAG0232.jpg

Behind 5 iron at address
IMAG0233.jpg

In all their glory
IMAG0234.jpg

Oh my. Ooooooooh my!

Me likey!

Jake, this is the only time in my life I wanted to be you. Those are stunning. Great pictures too!

Really looking forward to your review on these Jake!

Jake, this is the only time in my life I wanted to be you. Those are stunning. Great pictures too!
HAHA, this just made me laugh really hard. They are absolutely gorgeous dude.

I am impressed with the profile of these irons! Nice sleek looking irons that have shot making written all over them. Great pics Jason and looking forward to your review on these irons.

You lucky lucky man!! Any reason why just 5-PW?

Very sharp buddy - looking forward to your thoughts?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Holy good looking irons! Nice! Excited to hear your thoughts!

Great pics Jake,those irons are hawt. Just great looking.

Clean look. Love the look of the J40s. Looking forward to hear how the work out for you.

You lucky lucky man!! Any reason why just 5-PW?

Very sharp buddy - looking forward to your thoughts?

Tappin' from my iPad!
In looking at Bridgestone's website the set comes 5-PW and of course 3 and 4 irons are available but not part of the set. This is going to cause a bit of a yardage gap for me at the top of my set, I'll put another hybrid in place of the 4i though, should be fine.

im really liking the looks of the new bridgestone irons.

im really liking the looks of the new bridgestone irons.
I agree man, the entire J40 line has really impressed me in the looks category for sure. From what I'm hearing and seeing with the J40 wedges they are more than just a pretty face too. That is great to hear!

In looking at Bridgestone's website the set comes 5-PW and of course 3 and 4 irons are available but not part of the set. This is going to cause a bit of a yardage gap for me at the top of my set, I'll put another hybrid in place of the 4i though, should be fine.

Gotcha - makes sense. I would prefer it the way you are doing anyways with hybrids in place of the 3 & 4 irons.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Those irons look great Jake. I can't wait to hear some feedback.

Love the nice clean look of those and look forward to your thoughts on how they play.

Hotness dude...I'm not sure if there's anything bad about the J40 line of irons. .let's get together for a J40 play date.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Yea, I love these. Absolutely love them and I haven't even hit them. What a great looking iron. Enjoy and can't wait to hear what you think, Jake!

Those irons are just flat out HOT! I really like the clean simple looks of them.

Sweet Jake...the irons I mean. Bring those babies down to Council Bluffs or meet me half way tomorrow so I can hit them, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

looking forward to this review/updates P4B, the new J40 line is so HAWT!

They look nice, wouldn't mind a sponsorship from bridgestone

tapatalk addict....

Eeeyow.... sahweeet irons Jake!! Looking forward to hearing how you like 'em.

Just watched the video and it's better than the pics for conveying the size and shape. I think these really have a good balance between thin lines and bulk. They are just freaking awesome looking.

Awesome looking, Jake. Simple and clean on the looks and with that forged buttery goodness. You're gonna love those shafts too.

Back